Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 373770 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #1605 on: October 04, 2012, 01:58:50 pm »

Huh, interesting... I start a new game in a Stealth Cruiser and first enemy in the game? It has 2 of those 1-power Ions and a single laser.

Game: "Lololol Ion lolololol you doomed oh wait you won wat."

I wonder what are the chances of two of the same weapons on an enemy ship.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 04, 2012, 02:00:54 pm »

I've seen ships with nothing but heavy lasers, and more than a few late-game enemies with at least two Hermes missiles (the big nasty ones that do 3 damage each). So I'd say the odds are pretty good :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 04, 2012, 02:07:58 pm »

Heh, this game is tempting me. First shop in the game in sector one? Burst Laser MKIII.

Problem: I'm heavily damaged and don't have enough scrap anyway without selling either my Mini Beam or Dual Laser. And even if I got it, I can't power the damn thing.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 04, 2012, 02:12:50 pm »

Sell your titanium!

Seriously, that's what it's for! Hell, even sell the titanium and both weapons to grab it, and you should be able to afford the power, right?

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 04, 2012, 02:15:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Another almost perfect run, got a fully upgraded rock ship, breech missile, mark III burst laser, Heavy laser 2. Get to the boss, rip him a new asshole all the way to his third form.
Then I run out of missiles, and the fucker kept regenerating his shield, and then his fucking burst attack destroyed me
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 04, 2012, 02:16:37 pm »

It couldn't have been THAT fully upgraded, then.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 04, 2012, 02:24:42 pm »

Sell your titanium!

Seriously, that's what it's for! Hell, even sell the titanium and both weapons to grab it, and you should be able to afford the power, right?
Like I said, I was seriously damaged too. I had to spend 58 scrap to repair. The gun wasn't worth it to me.

Even if I had got it, it wouldn't have saved me. Burst Laser MKIIs vs unshielded Stealth ship=pain and suffering.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 04, 2012, 02:29:57 pm »

maxed out power, shields, engines, weapons. I'm started to get really pissed off, I can't even get the quest for the mantis ship!
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 04, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »

maxed out power, shields, engines, weapons. I'm started to get really pissed off, I can't even get the quest for the mantis ship!

You can't say you're fully upgraded if you don't have a defense drone or a cloak. :P

But still, with maxed out shields and dodge, how did the final form even /hit/ you. I just beat that with my rock ship, and he never actually touched me.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 04, 2012, 02:57:47 pm »

You can't say you're fully upgraded if you don't have a defense drone or a cloak. :P

But still, with maxed out shields and dodge, how did the final form even /hit/ you. I just beat that with my rock ship, and he never actually touched me.
My lasers kept missing, it was so fucking annoying.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 04, 2012, 03:00:34 pm »

Sounds like a screen-punch-worthy situation.

My rock shop didn't even /have/ any lasers - I had a hermes launcher (and started the match with a single missile) and a heavy laser 1 Heavy Ion.

Apparently I got luckier than you though, since I still managed to take him out.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:47:31 pm by GlyphGryph »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 04, 2012, 03:37:29 pm »

Sounds like a screen-punch-worthy situation.

My rock shop didn't even /have/ any lasers - I had a hermes launcher (and started the match with a single missile) and a heavy laser 1.

Apparently I got luckier than you though, since I still managed to take him out.

0.o
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 04, 2012, 03:39:58 pm »

With boarders you could probably win the whole thing with a single missile to the medbay and literally any damage dealing weapon to finish off the shieldless boss (or you could sacrifice a guy each time).

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 04, 2012, 03:45:36 pm »

Today I learned I apparently have a mental division between "the real lasers" and "the crappy pretenders called heavy lasers" hah.

It took several rereads to understand the contradiction in what I wrote. :P Regardless, that was actually incorrect. I meant to write "Heavy Ion".
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:47:07 pm by GlyphGryph »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 04, 2012, 03:47:39 pm »

Heavy lasers aren't that bad, actually. They only use 1 power and charge faster than most normal lasers. Not so useful against standard shields, but if the shields are down you can deliver a powerful hit that has a pretty good chance of starting fires or breaching.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 243