Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85978 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

But!  On the other hand, webadict, you're going to have to serve me a slice of "what the fuck are you talking about" in regards to this 10th rule business.  Assuming for a minute Darvi currently doesn't have any explicit abilities, his presence in the game (and thereby his ability to ask questions, scumhunt, etc.) and his vote are things that I would qualify as having importance.  Ah, and I see as I'm reading Darvi has already stated much of the same thing. 
Other than the fact that he's lying about his role:

In a game that is completely role-heavy, someone with no actions is incredibly unlikely. Someone with an action that STATES he has no actions is even LESS likely. And seeing as how most roles are made to counter another role, it can be safe to assume that he is lying, as his role counters nothing. And to give someone a role with no actions in a BYOR is like going to a concert and sitting behind a pillar.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Darvi, if you want the answer to that read my earlier posts. You know, the discussion we've been having?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount:
Orangebottle [3]: Darvi, Ottofar, Dariush
webadict [1]: , Mysteriousbluepuppet
Dariush [1]: Toaster
Leafsnail [2]: Powder Miner, Orangebottle
Darvi [1]: webadict
Ottofar [1]: Leafsnail
Jack A T [1]: ECrownOfFire
Not voting: Urist Imiknorris, Shakerag

Day ends Tuesday!

I know! I'll grab some cookies! There's gotta be some left... ewww, pistachio cookies?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

And Jack A T, what the fuck are you saying? We shouldn't lynch OB even though he's probably scum? A useful ability is not useful if scum has it.
Crown: Basically, OB claimed a power that is extremely useful to us if he is town, which also happens to be a power which would get him killed if he's faking it.  We're forcing him to use it tonight, while taking action to prevent him from lying about it safely.  Basically, either scum doesn't get to kill whoever they want, scum killer dies, or scumOB dies.

People who are on board the "kill three people" plan should come up with targets.  ATM I think Powder for misunderstandings verging on intentional, MBP for not participating, and ECrown for his inability to pay attention and that he hasn't done anything today besides that.
Kill/lynch targets: Currently, lynch Powder Miner for evasiveness/refusing to explain his accusations/general lack of awareness of everything/seemingly deliberate inability to understand direct democracy, kill Darvi for unfitting and suspicious claim/being a claimed non-town, kill ECrownofFire for extreme inactivity/lack of awareness of everything...not sure who would take the last slot. 

Powder Miner: If, say, mechanics allowed four lynches to be decided during the day at the same time (taking effect at the same time, as well), would you consider those four lynches to be dayplay?  I can't believe I'm asking this question.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

And Jack A T, what the fuck are you saying? We shouldn't lynch OB even though he's probably scum? A useful ability is not useful if scum has it.
Crown: Basically, OB claimed a power that is extremely useful to us if he is town, which also happens to be a power which would get him killed if he's faking it.  We're forcing him to use it tonight, while taking action to prevent him from lying about it safely.  Basically, either scum doesn't get to kill whoever they want, scum killer dies, or scumOB dies.
Alright, fine.

I need to get more active, give me a bit here and I'll slap something together.

But first of all, why the fuck would you kill me purely on being inactive?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Alright, Leafsnail, your plan is idiotic and basically amounts to chain-lynching with zero information between kills based on D1 knowledge, which is pretty fucking stupid. The faster the game, the less information town gets, which is obviously bad for town.

Also Extend because tied vote and whatever.

I'm somewhat okay with this.  This has been a very productive day and the use of one-shot kills right now prevents scum from using them as LYLO breakers.  And, of course, this plan effectively gives us more lynches before LYLO.  However, I don't really like the rush to kill people with only D1 information.
So yeah, it make make sense to kill day 2 if we run out of time today.  Although I should add two caveats.

1. If any killer fires without town permission and kills a townie we lynch them.  No idiot defences.  No "I was just mistaken" defences.  We lynch them (I'm saying this now because I feel like Powder Miner is probably gonna kill me tonight and claim he thought I was scum beyond reasonable doubt).  We're not gonna let scum have extra kills due to their delaying the kills.
2. If any killer refuses to fire when the town agrees on their target we lynch them.  Because otherwise scum could refuse to kill their partner.
So let's just lynch anyone that doesn't agree with you then.

With our current information it might as well be random. And it looks like Leafsnail's definition of scummy/useless appears to be everyone who disagrees with him.
My definition of useless is people who don't know basic ideas in mafia that I learnt in pretty much my first set of games on #mafia (more town kills = good, more mafia kills = bad).  Or alternatively, you're scum and know this.

So... I suppose that you disagreeing with me on such a simple point is a result of you being useless or scum, so you've merely got the causality backwards.
More town kills is not necessarily good if they're all based on D1 knowledge, which might as well be random. Not to mention that everyone that has a 1-shot kill is not necessarily town in the first place.

Powder Miner: If, say, mechanics allowed four lynches to be decided during the day at the same time (taking effect at the same time, as well), would you consider those four lynches to be dayplay?  I can't believe I'm asking this question.
Yes they're dayplay, but no, they're not useful. There's no information in between the lynches themselves (i.e. whether or not the lynched people were scum or not). And generally speaking, town wants to avoid a fast game. Speeding our way to MYLO as fast as possible is not a good idea. We want information and scum deaths from lynches, not random town deaths.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

I'll just go ahead and do nothing today.
Extend.

I think any replacement requesters should be killed at night, in any case, to them not be around at LyLo

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Everyone who supports the quadrilynch plan:
What the unholy fuck makes you think that all three of our one-shot killers are pro-town or that their one-shot is indeed one-shot?

Alright, Leafsnail, your plan is idiotic and basically amounts to chain-lynching with zero information between kills based on D1 knowledge, which is pretty fucking stupid.
I couldn't put it more concisely myself.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Everyone who supports the quadrilynch plan:
What the unholy fuck makes you think that all three of our one-shot killers are pro-town or that their one-shot is indeed one-shot?
That's the point. If a killer is scum, we can keep them from using it in an anti-town manner, namely by using it on people that the town wants to die.

If their kill isn't a one-shot, then they either are town (unlikely because lying) or a SK, which can be easily found out. Because a dual-kill mafia is OP (RL 2 much?)

I'll just go ahead and do nothing today.
Tell me why we shouldn't get rid of you for that.

So yeah, it make make sense to kill day 2 if we run out of time today.  Although I should add two caveats.

1. If any killer fires without town permission and kills a townie we lynch them.  No idiot defences.  No "I was just mistaken" defences.  We lynch them (I'm saying this now because I feel like Powder Miner is probably gonna kill me tonight and claim he thought I was scum beyond reasonable doubt).  We're not gonna let scum have extra kills due to their delaying the kills.
2. If any killer refuses to fire when the town agrees on their target we lynch them.  Because otherwise scum could refuse to kill their partner.
So let's just lynch anyone that doesn't agree with you then.
No. If people are told not to kill by everybody else, and proceed to kill anyway, or refuse to kill when told to by general consensus, then they should hang for doing not exactly what town wants to. You're misinterpreting stuff here. On purpose even because it says so pretty clear in LS' post.

In fact, let me add a (pretty obvious) caveat: If somebody was told to kill somebody, but kills somebody else,  then they should also hang.

Darvi, if you want the answer to that read my earlier posts. You know, the discussion we've been having?
I see what you did there. That is, once again dodging the question. Give me a straight answer orand hang because I'm not gonna dig through all of those WoT's.

To all of you opposing the N1-kill plan: How about a compromise. We either only use one kill tonight, per night, until N3. Or we do the plan, but on N2.

Because if you're still complaining about not enough information by then, then you really should consider playing a BM again.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Darvi. Something's not happening that you said would happen.
It has something to do with the votes, and me promising to use my oneshot tonight.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person that disagrees with the plan Leafsnail thought up.
I find Darvi's new proposal easier to agree with. Not only does it give us extra information to discuss over more time, but it shouldn't be a "Go directly to MYLO/LYLO" card. I think tonight's kill should go on Ottofar. He has no reason to be doing nothing, and is likely meta-abusing scum.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

It has something to do with the votes, and me promising to use my oneshot tonight.
I'm not going to let you off until we have a general idea what is going to happen and it was ensured that it was going to happen. Because there's no reason to keep you around if you can fakeclaim due to not everybody being accounted for.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you really do agree to use your oneshot then I agree with letting you live.
I'm pretty damn sure I agreed.
I'm not going to let you off until we have a general idea what is going to happen and it was ensured that it was going to happen. Because there's no reason to keep you around if you can fakeclaim due to not everybody being accounted for.
Um, hey. Darvi. If everybody's actions aren't predetermined, doesn't that make it harder for me to fakeclaim?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, so, we should lynch Darvi for being a lying jerk.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Darvi, because today.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On, and Extend until we do lynch him.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61