Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85726 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Everyone except me and two other people posted between game start and the time I got to my computer. Go figure.
...So?  It's a massclaim.  You're online now.  You can claim, but you are resisting.  You are trying to delay your claim so your falseclaim will be stronger.

That is it.

And how exactly would your claim pressure (other) scum into claiming?
Because I can demonstrate the massclaim is happening and tell others to claim or get lynched.  Kindof like I'm doing to you.

They can't detect how? By there being cops/trackers/whatever?
I'm not gonna tell you how to falseclaim better, scum.  I can talk to you about Mafia Falseclaiming For Idiots Who Cannot Use Basic Logic after you claim or after you get lynched.  Whichever comes first.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

I am the Man Who Arranges the Blocks.
I can see who targeted me at night, roleblock and redirect up to four people once. The last ability is a oneshot.
I sent in Egregious..

ECrown, ansrew pending.

Urist I. People who are not easily lynched, such as Toaster, webadict, Jack...

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

It's nice how your logic goes 'claim because if you don't I won't tell you why I want you to claim', Leafsnail. Exactly like scum's logic would go.

Actually I was waiting for someone to claim the role I sent, but since it didn't happen yet and I'm going now, I may as well do it right now.
I'm Coach from L4D2. I'm a Tough Guy To Put Down (the last person to lynch or action me will die), I can Assist someone (target can't be blocked or redirected) and I can send a Signal Flare (the target receives a PM telling him that I'm town). I won't tell the role I sent in yet to catch potential fakeclaims. Not likely, but better to be on the safe side.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awww, i wished for a Chocolate Helicopter. Oh well.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

There's less than no point in claiming any other role name than the one you have, because when the MC is done it'll be obvious they're lying.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's nice how your logic goes 'claim because if you don't I won't tell you why I want you to claim', Leafsnail. Exactly like scum's logic would go.
Huh?  You were asking me how to falseclaim better.  I'm not gonna give that information to someone who could be desparately trying to think of a falseclaim.

Anyway, it's pretty damn simple.  Let's say you wait until the end of the claim and see there are no rolecops.  Great, you can falseclaim your abilities as something else and use your real abilities behind everyone's backs without their suspicion.  Or if you find there are an abundance of cops you'll know it might be a good idea to claim miller.  And you can also avoid making your role sound too similar to anyone else's (since that would be weird and could lead to suspicion on you).

Basically, claiming later makes for easier falseclaims.  Full stop.  End of story.  I have no idea why you're voting me incidentally, if you're actually gonna follow my advice and claim.

I'm Coach from L4D2. I'm a Tough Guy To Put Down (the last person to lynch or action me will die), I can Assist someone (target can't be blocked or redirected) and I can send a Signal Flare (the target receives a PM telling him that I'm town). I won't tell the role I sent in yet to catch potential fakeclaims. Not likely, but better to be on the safe side.
So, unlike every other role in the game you have no one-shot and instead two night actions?  Also noone will fakeclaim the rolename, ever.  Unless one mafia member happened to send in another mafia member's role, and even then it'd be completely pointless.  I guess you've at least claimed though.  Unvote.

Orangebottle.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Actually yeah, OrangeBottle, the MC is happening, and you are going to claim.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Dariush:  So you're saying that you gave no real thought to his question?  Why not answer it hypothetically, then?  (As in "I'd kill off someone for doing X or Y")

Wuba:  Fine.

I am the Western Block Party.

Auto:  Revolutionary Spirit - Roleblock immunity.
Night:  Martyr for the Cause - I guard someone with my life.  If they would be killed, I die in their place.
1-Shot:  Muster the Rebels - One shot arms dealer.  Basically, I get a count of all the people who have a kill action.

I sent in El Camino, because it's a pretty sweet card indeed.

Orange:  At what point does a massclaim rally stop being rolefishing and start being... a massclaim?  How many people have to claim first (for you to get a good fakeclaim going)?

Leafsnail:  Why OB?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Unvote Jack AT: That is a good answer.

Toaster: I don't search through threads to find certain posts to copy and paste between threads. I also don't memorize the exact phrasing or smaller meanings of a phrase.I do the gist of it.

Orangebottle: Town. I'm excited because my role is hilarious.

Webadict:
I am the French Taunters.
(from Monty Python)
My auto is Giant Castle, making me unkillable.
My Naction is Taunt Relentlessly, which delays an action.
My one-shot is Fetchez La Vache, which makes someone unable to action or vote for the next night and day phase.

I sent in Annelida.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orange:  At what point does a massclaim rally stop being rolefishing and start being... a massclaim?  How many people have to claim first (for you to get a good fakeclaim going)?
Incredibly passive attack aside, this is more than enough for me to claim. One was more than enough for me to claim. I just don't agree with a day one massclaim because of the huge risks involved.

I've analysed my anti-massclaim thinking and found a huge fucking error.
I've been acting like this is a normal game, where we don't know the names of eachothers roles.
I am a huge derp.

I am also Annelida.
I have an auto, Worms Everywhere that prevents me from being redirected or blocked.
I have the ability to watch someone, Observation. I watch for everyone who targeted my target.
I have a oneshot, Seriously, EVERYWHERE, which isn't going to be claimed yet.

I sent in Guide Voodoo Doll.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

I'm not claiming my role-name until the sick bastard that sent it in claims.

Auto - Any night-action that targets me is delayed.
Night action - RB
1-shot - Kill

I sent in the French taunters (Monty Python).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leafsnail:  Why OB?
He didn't claim, and was aggressively resisting claiming.  And was randomly calling anyone who disagreed with him scum.  A few votes thrown his way made perfect sense and seems to have made him see some sense.

With that in mind: unvoteDarvi.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Something's incredibly wrong with me if my heads clearer now, at 3AM, than it was 9 hours earlier.
Either way, while I'm not fond of MCing this early, I think this could actually work due to the nature of this game.

I am the Terraria Voodoo Doll.
I have the wonderful power to do nothing. Like, at all.
I assume something happens when I get dipped in magma.

I sent in this:
"Someone Else's Role."

With that in mind: unvoteDarvi.
Any specific reasons?

Now reading through everybody else's posts.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Darvi : Depending on how goes the game. If we have multiple killer (mafia and a few third parties) and town is getting decimed early i'd use early (think day 2-3) on my biggest suspicion, else id keep it in case of a lylo.
And what if somebody claims vig, explaining those extra kills? Does that change anything? Unvote, though.

Yes, because rolefishing is bad. Except, I'm rolefishing someone who I believe isn't town. Why wouldn't town be interested in the roles of other factions?
Rolefishing is rolefishing. If you're certain somebody is anti-town, you should try to press on their scumminess, not on their roles.

You're right. Just webadict and leafsnail are scum.
Indeed OB, disagreeing with you makes one automatically scum.

I've analysed my anti-massclaim thinking and found a huge fucking error.
I've been acting like this is a normal game, where we don't know the names of eachothers roles.
I am a huge derp.
So what is the conclusion you came to and why did it make you change your mind?

Leafsnail, why didn't you claim your sent role? Or if you did please link the post where you did and I'll hit my head against a wall :
Ottofar why do you drop your laim and then leave wthout doing anything else?

Claimed roles:
Egregious - WBP - El Camino - The man arranging the Blocks - Egregious

14th player - tcidabew -
French Taunters - Annelida - Guide voodoo doll - Somebody else's role -
Coach -

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any specific reasons?
You hadn't claimed yet.  UnvoteShakerag.

Leafsnail, why didn't you claim your sent role? Or if you did please link the post where you did and I'll hit my head against a wall :
I claimed to have sent in webadict's role ("The 14th Player") and insinuated that I know a possibility for his one-shot.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 61