Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61

Author Topic: Bring Someone Else's Role Mafia - Evening 7 - Everybody's Dead Book [1/13]  (Read 85720 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Actually I just realized that I had some logic fail too.

But your example still don't works because somebody else could be Q.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

I'm not claiming my role-name until the sick bastard that sent it in claims.

I have a funny feeling that may be me.  Is it ... "Dariush/NUKE slashfic"?
Yes, you sick bastard.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT ARSE FUCK DAMN CRAP

MODIFY BUTTON WHY YOU SO MAGNETIC.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Full claim list, so far:

*Shakerag: Adolph <insert long name here>, sent in Dariush/NUKE slashfic
*Darvi: Terraria Voodoo Doll, sent in Someone Else's Role
*ECrownofFire: Dariush/NUKE Slashfic, sent in French Taunters
*Orangebottle: Annelida, sent in the Terraria Voodoo Doll
*Powder Miner: French Taunters, sent in Annelida
*Toaster: Western Block Party, sent in El Camino
*Dariush: Coach, no submission given
*Ottofar: the Man Who Arranges the Blocks, sent in Egregious
*Imiknorris: El Camino, sent in Man Who Arranges the Blocks
*Leafsnail: Someone Else's Role, sent in 14th Player
*Jack A T: Egregious, sent in Western Block Party
*Webadict: 14th Player, sent in tcidabeW.

Mysterious Blue Puppet has not claimed.

Jack, is it a coincidence that your claim happens to be about vodka?
Yes.

Jack, why were you so eager to go with the massclaim?
RVS is tiresome, I'm interested in trying something new, this at least has the potential to be good, and the mafia theory thread showed that this isn't some sudden new evil Webadict plan.

Welp, there's scum #2. I'm guessing their strategy this game is,"Be first people to claim so we can't possibly look like scum, then force everybody else to claim by pressuring them." #3 is probably Jack.
Orangebottle: ...huh?

You're right. Just webadict and leafsnail are scum.
...So, um, about how sure were you that I was scum?

I've analysed my anti-massclaim thinking and found a huge fucking error.
I've been acting like this is a normal game, where we don't know the names of eachothers roles.
I am a huge derp.
And this is enough to make up for the rest of your massive number of arguments against massclaiming?

Unvote, vote Orangebottle.  What are the real reasons why you finally claimed?  I somehow doubt that making it hard to fakeclaim names is enough to make up for all of the points you tried to make against massclaiming.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Shakerag: Adolph <insert long name here>, sent in Dariush/NUKE slashfic
*ECrownofFire: Dariush/NUKE Slashfic, sent in French Taunters
*Powder Miner: French Taunters, sent in Annelida
*Orangebottle: Annelida, sent in the Terraria Voodoo Doll
*Darvi: Terraria Voodoo Doll, sent in Someone Else's Role
*Leafsnail: Someone Else's Role, sent in 14th Player
*Webadict: 14th Player, sent in tcidabeW.
*Dariush: Coach, no submission given
*MysteriousBluePuppet, no claim, presumably submitted Huge-ass Name

*Ottofar: the Man Who Arranges the Blocks, sent in Egregious
*Jack A T: Egregious, sent in Western Block Party
*Toaster: Western Block Party, sent in El Camino
*Imiknorris: El Camino, sent in Man Who Arranges the Blocks
Sorted.

And now I stay out of this thread until I get a good night's sleep.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got webadict sggestion, and proposed Coach. WIll post role tommorow, too late for that here.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bluh bluh shoulda noticed that.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Well, I suppose that Dariush is the creator of that huge name then.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

It's nice how your logic goes 'claim because if you don't I won't tell you why I want you to claim', Leafsnail. Exactly like scum's logic would go.
Huh?  You were asking me how to falseclaim better.
No I wasn't.
Anyway, it's pretty damn simple.  Let's say you wait until the end of the claim and see there are no rolecops.  Great, you can falseclaim your abilities as something else and use your real abilities behind everyone's backs without their suspicion.  Or if you find there are an abundance of cops you'll know it might be a good idea to claim miller.  And you can also avoid making your role sound too similar to anyone else's (since that would be weird and could lead to suspicion on you).
That makes sense. Was that so hard to tell before covering everyone in shit for not claiming in time? Unvote.
I'm Coach from L4D2. I'm a Tough Guy To Put Down (the last person to lynch or action me will die), I can Assist someone (target can't be blocked or redirected) and I can send a Signal Flare (the target receives a PM telling him that I'm town). I won't tell the role I sent in yet to catch potential fakeclaims. Not likely, but better to be on the safe side.
So, unlike every other role in the game you have no one-shot and instead two night actions?
Er, the Signal Flare is one-shot.
Also noone will fakeclaim the rolename, ever.  Unless one mafia member happened to send in another mafia member's role, and even then it'd be completely pointless.
Actually I've thought about sending in 'Guaranteed Scum' role (though I didn't in the end). That's what pushed me onto this thought track.

Dariush:  So you're saying that you gave no real thought to his question?  Why not answer it hypothetically, then?  (As in "I'd kill off someone for doing X or Y")
Because I haven't thought of answering this way. What's the difference, anyway?

Also, I'm not known for my incredibly intelligent town play. Quite the opposite, actually.
Did you... did you just cite your stupidness meta?...
Anyway, I get lynched as town day one for retarded/scummy shit pretty often. Fighting it usually only makes it worse, anyway.
WHAT THE FUCK OB. Do you mean we shouldn't lynch you because you pretty often get lynched as town?...

Well, I suppose that Dariush is the creator of that huge name then.
Yep.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Got webadict sggestion, and proposed Coach. WIll post role tommorow, too late for that here.
Explain how it is too late? I saw someone post their role in a one sentence description. It takes me about 30 seconds to write my role, and that's with a bunch of fancy language. It should only take you about 15 if you're just writing quickly.

I claim Z, Darvi claims Y, Toaster claims X, and you claim W.
I claim to have sent in Y, Darvi claims to have sent in Z, Toaster claims to have sent in W, and you claim to have sent in Q. Either you or Toaster must be lying.
Logic fail. Either I or toaster had to lie.
That post was directed towards webadict, you goof.
But no sane person would ever claim something they DIDN'T have, because someone out there KNOWS you're lying.

I was assuming that your change of mind would come from something I purposefully didn't mention earlier: Flavor. Particular roles are going to kill in particular ways. Someone with a flamethrower is going to burn someone to death. A car? Run someone over.

But, to catch potential fakeclaimers? No. No one can fakeclaim a name on Day 1. NO ONE. You can fakeclaim a name on Day 2 or later, but Day 1? There is literally no chance to succeed, unless you're a Jester, in which case, that's a hilarious strategy.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Guess my oneshot will go unused. Shame, cause it's a pretty good oneshot. Since I'm probably going to be the day one mislynch of the game, I'll just go ahead and claim it.
Seriously, EVERYWHERE tells me which actions happened during the night, along with who their targets were.
What makes you say that it will go unused?

webadict, does your auto-ability affect kills?

Sorry I haven't posted much so far. Too busy savoring my last weekend before the semester starts.

Also, I'm about 95% certain that either Ottofar, ECoF or Shakerag is scum.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think he said that somewhere. Forgot what exactly he said, though, and cannot find the post on short notice.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Guess my oneshot will go unused. Shame, cause it's a pretty good oneshot. Since I'm probably going to be the day one mislynch of the game, I'll just go ahead and claim it.
Seriously, EVERYWHERE tells me which actions happened during the night, along with who their targets were.
As far as I can tell, yes. It says all actions, so I assume that includes kills, as well. I suppose I could inquire, just to be sure, but if it doesn't, then the ability was poorly written.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...So, um, about how sure were you that I was scum?
Exactly 0%. My brain likes to shit all over the place sometimes. It usually happens somewhere around midnight.

I've analysed my anti-massclaim thinking and found a huge fucking error.
I've been acting like this is a normal game, where we don't know the names of eachothers roles.
I am a huge derp.
And this is enough to make up for the rest of your massive number of arguments against massclaiming?

Unvote, vote Orangebottle.  What are the real reasons why you finally claimed?  I somehow doubt that making it hard to fakeclaim names is enough to make up for all of the points you tried to make against massclaiming.
My points against it were:
-Scum get targets for NK
-Investigative roles become totally useless
-It doesn't make fakeclaiming any harder(invalidated by first counter)

They were sufficiently countered/made ignorable by:
-My logic was resulting from a massive brainfart(AKA the fakeclaim names thing you just mentioned)
-Lots of pressure
-There's no point in resisting a massclaim when everyone else is claiming
-It restricts scum's actions, for fear of the massclaim in the morning

WHAT THE FUCK OB. Do you mean we shouldn't lynch you because you pretty often get lynched as town?...
No. I'm saying that the only time I do incredibly scummy/stupid shit, I'm town. There are plenty of examples I could cite to support this.
Nice bandwagon, though. Scumone has found an easy lynch to hop onto. Dariush.

But no sane person would ever claim something they DIDN'T have, because someone out there KNOWS you're lying.

I was assuming that your change of mind would come from something I purposefully didn't mention earlier: Flavor. Particular roles are going to kill in particular ways. Someone with a flamethrower is going to burn someone to death. A car? Run someone over.

But, to catch potential fakeclaimers? No. No one can fakeclaim a name on Day 1. NO ONE. You can fakeclaim a name on Day 2 or later, but Day 1? There is literally no chance to succeed, unless you're a Jester, in which case, that's a hilarious strategy.
That's a good point. Didn't even consider that.
It also makes fakeclaiming abilities a lot harder, because you have to fit them to your role name.

I find it interesting that the person who proposed the massclaim didn't make a full claim.

Cause I'm about to get lynched.
Why?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Cause I'm about to get lynched.
Wouldn't Leafsnail then get to use it?

Why?
Because I find it difficult to believe that all three roleblockers would be town.

No. I'm saying that the only time I do incredibly scummy/stupid shit, I'm town. There are plenty of examples I could cite to support this.
Nice bandwagon, though. Scumone has found an easy lynch to hop onto. Dariush.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Being familiar with your own meta (as you demonstrated in the post Dariush voted you for) allows you to intentionally drop your town tells as scum. As such, your acting like a moron is a null tell once you've acknowledged it. Now would you like to explain why your FoS of Dariush isn't an OMGUS?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 61