Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think about showers?

They are great.
- 72 (63.7%)
They suck.
- 12 (10.6%)
I'm going to click on the pointless answer, with no relevtivity to the question, which is located below.
- 14 (12.4%)
The shoe is in the freezer.
- 15 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Showers.  (Read 4350 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Showers.
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2012, 06:15:30 pm »

I really wish I lived in Finland so I could have access to like 10 saunas every square mile.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:20:39 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2012, 06:42:53 pm »

I don't fit in baths.

Thus Showers for me, the higher the pressure the better!

Pools are ok though
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 07:06:22 pm »

Baths are godlike. Maybe they aren't quite as hygienic as showers, but the relaxation quality is to die for. I like my baths very warm (but not painful to get into), and I like the water constantly going. When it gets quiet I feel paranoid. I do prefer showers when I really want to wash up; the whole washing your hair thing in a bath is a little tough.

I have to admit I hate the feeling of wet hair though. Not the fact that its clean, but the fact its wet. I hate when its oily, and I hate when its wet, which doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to enjoy the feeling of my hair.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 10:59:12 pm »

I like showering, it's about the only time I stand still during the day. Just thinking for a while in the warmth is really nice in winter.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012, 11:03:23 pm »

Not even gonna read this thread. Just going to say everybody should take them without exception.

EDIT: Read the OP. I advise dumping the girl for somebody who smells nice.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2012, 11:36:20 pm »

Just moved, and the hot water here only lasts for 10-12 minutes. The thing I miss most about my former burrow is the ability to take long, relaxed, twenty-minute showers, inching up the heat little by little until the water is so hot that even with the fan on full blast, the bathroom is a veritable sauna when I come out. Drying yourself off in a steamy-warm room is one of the purest pieces of bliss.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2012, 11:52:53 pm »

Just took my nightly shower (used to like baths more, unless I felt like a shower suited my needs more, but I don't like the floor of this one). Turned it on too hot. Tub too narrow. Did the pain dance.

Don't know what I'm going to do when I'm old and have osteoporosis. Probably just die.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2012, 11:54:08 pm »

Get a shower chair?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 12:37:30 am »

Get a shower chair titanium alloy-reinforced bones because it will be 2060 or so?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 12:48:06 am »

You could get an artificial joint tomorrow, for that matter..

Besides, men are not that likely to develop osteoporosis, anyway.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 11:15:58 am »

I prefer taking showers over baths, although from time to time, baths show some practical use.

Basically, if I want to take a good soak and make abosultely sure a great majority of dirt and other stuff that absorbed into my skin (especially after cleaning a bunch of houses or being caked in dust and/or chemicals) comes off, I would take a bath, and maybe, as the water drains, take a brief shower to not only warm up after the water cools down enough, but rinse off the rest of the way.

In any other case, I just prefer a nice hot shower, essentially turning my bathroom into a sauna. To make sure I'm not using up too much water (and also works as a good form of time measurement since I lose track of it sometimes), I plug the drain. Doubles as a way of giving my feet a good soak while showering while at it. Turns out for the amount of time I shower, I almost use up enough to make a bath. Maybe I should speed up my time showering?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:20:52 am by Itnetlolor »

schrocko88

• Bay Watcher
  • What's up homie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2012, 04:13:25 pm »

I advise dumping the girl for somebody who smells nice.

No, no, no. You don't understand. She showers two times a day. Just she thinks it's just plain boring.
Add magma? Why the hell not?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2012, 09:34:16 pm »

Eh, maybe it's just me, but I think one a day is enough?  If she finds them so boring I wonder why she goes through the trouble.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2012, 09:45:51 pm »

It depends where you live and what you do, really. 1 shower a day is good enough for me, as I'm not really active and it's neither humid nor hot here.

Live somewhere where you're sweating 24/7, or be an athlete or something, and 2 showers a day starts to sound real nice.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2012, 09:56:06 pm »

Showers, I've never had a bath since I was 6. Maybe I should have another one?

And thinking in a shower ain't that bad. I commonly think about how bad this day will be due to lack of sleep
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]