Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62759 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 3
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2012, 11:21:52 pm »

Let me get this straight. Your reason for voting for me is because I was acting angry and then when asked about it my posts appeared nicer afterwards? Really?
Yes this is one of the reasons.

This is lylo and there are two scum out of the remaining 5 of us. I know i'm a townie and i'm fairly sure Jim is as well. (Unless Web wanted to make an automatic scum win) Which leaves you, zombie and Dariush. I already suspect Dariush but I don't have any concrete evidence so I will go after his scum buddy. Which is you.
Why do you suspect him if you don't have evidence? Also what is your evidence against Phantom?

As far as I'm aware of, there's only been one Beginner's game where both ICs were scum, but that still isn't a reason to think any particular player or set of players is one alignment or the other.
Out of curiosity, how did this game go?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2012, 11:24:31 pm »

Both ICs rolled up scum and proceeded to thrash the town in a manly fashion--other than the fact that one of them died D2 after a carefully launched townie assault.  The other one was Webadict.  Despite the thrashing, this was a surprisingly tense game.  A last-minute townie replacement resulted in a near-loss for the scum team.  Demonstrates insightful playing at its best, on both sides.

That was Beginners' Mafia 3, brought to you by the Notable Games Archive.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:26:26 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2012, 08:31:46 am »

Aka, Eduren and I won.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2012, 08:36:33 am »

PFP

I apologize for being too busy to post yesterday.

I unfortunately do not have the time for a full post right now, but for now I want to say this:
I started with an FoS because it is lylo, and I didn't want to misplace my vote, so I decided to put a little pressure on the person who I found to be the most suspicious, namely Andrew425. I put a little pressure on you and you immediately attack me, just what I would expect scum to do.  You have 12 hours to convince me that you're not scum.

I will provide more reasons later today, if I have the time.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2012, 07:11:29 pm »

Extend. I haven't been able to give this game the attention it needs. I need a bit more time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2012, 12:57:22 am »

Going to have to ask for an Extend

and just so we are clear my vote is on Phantom of the Library

Reasons will come later
May the mass times acceleration be with you

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Night 2
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2012, 09:49:07 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Andrew425 - zombie urist, Dariush,
Phantom of The Library - Andrew425,
zombie urist -
Jim Groovester -
Dariush -

Not Voting - Jim Groovester, Phantom of The Library,

Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:18:50 am by webadict »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2012, 10:06:34 am »

Edited out!

Also, you forgot the extension request  :P.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:10:37 pm by Tiruin »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2012, 10:09:37 am »

Tiruin has been killed.

Tiruin was a Cop

Uhh...
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2012, 10:19:08 am »

Tiruin has been killed.

Tiruin was a Cop

Uhh...
My bad. Forgot to delete all of that.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2012, 06:50:22 pm »

I'm finally able to post again, thank the dogs.

My Reasons For Voting For Andrew425, Otherwise Known As Scum:

First, of all something from Dariush a while ago, that sums up what I would say about said quotes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second, he falsely accused me on three false premises:

Third, again Dariush pretty much says what I was going to say:

Fourth, he attacked an IC for being an IC.

Fifth, He reacted violently to a FoS, pretty much OMGUS-ing minus the vote.

And Sixth: his OMGUS just now.

As well as being too concerned about his own image, although that's more of a feeling I get and I can't think of any specific examples at the moment.

Dariush You haven't been posting much until recently,any particular reason for that?
...I wasn't?
This was an honest mistake on my part, I hadn't looked back through the game yet, and I didn't remember you posting much, mostly due to the fact that hardly any of it pertained to me, or I attributed it to Jim by accident in my memory. 
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

As I recommended I did a reread of the thread. There was stuff that came up from my reread but for the sake of focus I've left them out. I may ask them later if I think it's important.

Why would somebody start a day off with a FoS on lylo? So you can cast doubt on me without being the first one to just jump on me. Scumwise Scumgee.
Oh god more WIFOM.

How?

Are you really that afraid of taking even such an insignificant stance, Andrew?

Then what do you make of Phantom of the Library only throwing an FoS out to start the day?

If you have a problem with Andrew425 not voting, then why don't you have one with Phantom of the Library for that?

Phantom of the Library, all game long your list of suspects have been the people attacking you. Why? Are you so interested in self-preservation that you only bother going after the people who are going after you?

I started with an FoS because it is lylo, and I didn't want to misplace my vote, so I decided to put a little pressure on the person who I found to be the most suspicious, namely Andrew425. I put a little pressure on you and you immediately attack me, just what I would expect scum to do.  You have 12 hours to convince me that you're not scum.

If you were going for pressure, what the hell for? You already suspected Andrew425 and apparently have lots of reasons for thinking that way. Why not start with a vote?

Throwing down an FoS at the start of lylo makes you look timid, like you don't want to be the first person to vote. This makes me think you're scum.

Saying that Andrew425 did just what you expected scum to do sounds a lot like you're just making shit up to justify your vote. How is it that attacking you for an FoS instead of a vote is exactly what scum would do? Explain this to me.

Reasons

Why are so many of these borrowed straight from Dariush without even a summary or a paraphrase by you?

Seems lazy to me. Are you getting lazy? You can see the end of the game in sight, you think the game's already won, time to relax a bit, kick up your shoes, not come up with strong reasons for a vote?

Votes still on Andrew425. Reasons are strong overreaction to criticism at beginning of game, really weak reasons earlier on Strategia, lots of concern with his image as a town and recently a change in demeanor. He also hasn't posted a while, even before the night phase.

I'd like to see some posts that show this.

Also, on Day 1: Why the focus on pressuring people who made obvious mistakes with formatting?

Reasons will come later

I'm waiting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2012, 12:22:18 am »

My Reasons For Voting For Andrew425, Otherwise Known As Scum:

My reasons for voting Phantom is this.

You have yet to actually come up for a reason for voting anyone in this game. You take other people arguments and use them as your own, this means that you're scum who can't think of their own arguments.

Point by point rebuttal to your attacks?

First: I don't know why you quoted that as it means absolutely nothing

Second: I mixed you and Zombie up.

Third: Using Dariush's horrible arguments as your own, scum?

Fourth: I attacked him because he was doing a terrible job at it.

Fifth: I attacked you because you're uncomfortable calling someone out as scum. Which is one of the biggest scum tells in the book

Sixth: I was afraid the day would end before I got a chance to vote as I was busy that night.

So not only are all you attacks wrong. They're scum tells. So that is why I know you're scum.

I already suspect Dariush but I don't have any concrete evidence so I will go after his scum buddy. Which is you.
So, do you or don't think I'm scum?

I think you're scum. I think Phantom is scummier.
Why would somebody start a day off with a FoS on lylo? So you can cast doubt on me without being the first one to just jump on me. Scumwise Scumgee.
Oh god more WIFOM.

Jim already asked this, but how is this WIFOM? Why have you been always so quick to call stuff WIFOM?
I think it is lylo.
Wrong. It is LYLO. Are you really that afraid of taking even such an insignificant stance, Andrew?

I wasn't 100% sure so I said it like that. Fairly flimsy attack isn't that?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2012, 01:41:52 am »

I'd like to see some posts that show this.
Also, on Day 1: Why the focus on pressuring people who made obvious mistakes with formatting?

Here are some of posts which I think are pertinent. 1 2 3 (most recent example) When someone else questions him, he retorts back in a defensive way with a question of his own.
Contrast those posts with this one or this one. I feel the tone is different.

I just used the the mistake to start conversation. If he hadn't responded in such a defensive manner, I would have let it drop.

Second: I mixed you and Zombie up.

So not only are all you attacks wrong. They're scum tells. So that is why I know you're scum.
Are you saying that I 'tried the bandwagon'? Also, I don't see most of those rebuttals as scumtells.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2012, 08:37:42 am »

Oh god more WIFOM.
How?
His second sentence may or may not be right, but he assumes it is.
Are you really that afraid of taking even such an insignificant stance, Andrew?
Then what do you make of Phantom of the Library only throwing an FoS out to start the day?
Caution. It would be suspicious in an experienced player, but not in a BM.

Jim already asked this, but how is this WIFOM? Why have you been always so quick to call stuff WIFOM?
Because a lot of stuff you say is WIFOM.
I wasn't 100% sure so I said it like that. Fairly flimsy attack isn't that?
How can you not be sure whether or not it is LYLO if we clearly know the number of scum?

Phantom, out of your six arguments two directly quote from me and another one consists of defending me. Why are you trying to hide behind IC's authority?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23