Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62786 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2012, 09:58:06 pm »

Andrew please spell ansontan2000's name correctly.

Sorry, it's Chinese new year and the past two days have been full of running around trying to prepare the house for the family.
Anyways,
Unvote, zombie urist: Where do I start? Oh, yes. First of all, this is NOT a discussion about the way to make your posts. This is a game of mafia.
Second, your continuous poking of me leads to me believing that you have absolutely NO lead at all on who is scum. Care to try and actually scumhunt mate? As Tiruin very kindly pointed out with his large spoiler, you have not been RVSing at all and have instead been poking at people, trying to nitpick, snipe, and bandwagon. Don't prod lurkers. Even beforehand you spent an awfully large amount of time poking stormtemplar. You asking why i'm being so forceful is completely irrelevant. Remember that this is not a friendly discussion.
I'm not discussing how to make posts. When you make such an obvious mistake, it looks like you're not being careful with your posts. Most of your posts are short, answers to other people's questions.   I think this is an example of active lurking, posting enough to get noticed, but not having much substance. This post itself is mainly a summary of what Tiruin's issues with me were. There's a huge difference in being 'not friendly' and 'forceful' and I don't like that you're dismissing your demeanor as irrelevant.

ansontan2000... Who would you be least likely to investigate if you were a cop, and why?
Tiruin, because he has been very actively scumhunting and taking on Zombie.
Also, don't you think it's a bit too late to RVS? The day is about to finish. I'm finding it slightly ironic that all my votes are from RVS pressure.
Simple explanation, with a repeat of Jim's words. I simply don't see you contributing much to the discussion.

zombie urist, sum up your case against Tiruin, with quotes. Preferably back from when all this started.
Tiruin has been misrepresenting my arguments. Here I honestly can't tell how he goes from premise to premise.
Also a significant portion of his arguments are repeats of Jim's and other people. This is an example;
first part is a repeat of Jim saying that you shouldn't rally the town to vote with you, the question to anson on why he didn't post I mentioned in my post on the previous page. After the PPE, he pretty much covers the exact same thing Jim does one post above.

Tiruin: Let's stop on the 'real game' issue. It's about as effective as previous arguments with Chaos Armor, no offense. Just to clarify: my vote on Andrew was a COMPLETE MISTAKE on my part. 
I'm not only voting on you because of the lack of RVS but the lack of any read at all.
So you're saying that you're voting me because you can't tell my alignment?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2012, 11:23:13 pm »

I don't like how Phantom tried the bandwagon.

Please explain to me how I "tried the bandwagon", what does that even mean?  Are you trying to say that I started one or that I hopped on one?  I don't recall ever doing anything which could be mistaken for either one.

Also why are you not linking many of your quotes?

Strategia, You know what?  I think you're just using the last part of my post as an excuse, for all we know you could be a night-owl and that's normal time for you to be awake. 

Why backing off of everything so easily?  Now that you've been found out are you afraid that a mob is going to come after you and lynch you?  I'm the only person voting for you so you can't be that afraid unless you have something to hide.

All you're doing now is apologizing and trying to fade back into the shadows after your mistake. 

I asked you to defend yourself not make a bunch of apologies and try to weasel your way out of my sight Mister Mafioso.

Tiruin I would also like you to clarify what your arguments against zombie urist means, as is it seems to me that you are saying that you're voting him because he hasn't given a definite opinion on who is scum.  Please tell me how this is scummy.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2012, 12:19:15 am »

His voting pattern, I see it as erratic. It's like using your only weapon to find scum and throwing it around like a threat. From what I see, a townie will not do such unless he/she needs specific information or finds something really wrong with what is stated.

I voted him because of so, I can't see the details on his scumhunting. The better players, I guess, do.

@zombie urist: I'm not misrepresenting them, as I see it. I'm giving my honest answer on what I see on them, just like you did to mine. That created walls of text which I now know is a mistake. Yes, I'm voting you because of that. I'm unsure if your questioning marks you as 'town that wants to help hunt scum' or 'scum that wants to know the plans of town'. This is where I'm stuck on.

The second link you made? The one before the horizontal rule was there before Jim posted, I went around and read the whole thing again and typed it down. It's just that part of what I said coincides with what Jim says so I left it there, unedited and placed a PPE before that specific part.

Then again, there are two ICs, and there's always the chance one of them is actually with the mafia..... It's a moot point though, since the only power I have is apparently the power to make myself look like a scumbag.
You're admitting that your posts make you look like scum? Or are you saying that we aren't targeting the ICs enough to know if they are scum or not?

Spoiler: To Chaos Armor (click to show/hide)

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2012, 03:40:41 am »

This is my BAH! post of a sorts.

My reasons for asking for a replacement: First my personality conflicts with Mafia in general. I do not like to insult people and have a hard time doing it... a very hard time. Second I do not find any enjoyment in the game. This is a big factor as; if I'm not finding enjoyment in something and it is not necessary then I tend to be... lazy about doing it. Third I have problems expressing my views in writing. Though I can do it on paper I usually write a lot of stuff. And since this game is not enjoyable to me I don't want to write all of that stuff. Also to go along with this I would rather spend my time thinking of other things instead of how many flaws I can get this player on.

Good luck everyone, may the force be with you,
-Chaos Armor
And I'm not really enjoying it either, I'll probably end up asking for a replacement.

-New Chaos Armor
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Sign-Ups: 7/7, 2/2, 1/1
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2012, 08:28:29 am »

The Sheriff stoops over his drink, covering it from the storm that raged outside. He laughs again.

"My wife... can you believe it?" He picks up his glass and almost throws it against the floor. He manages to catch himself, though. "They thought my wife stole all of that gold. So, I went to her, and I asked her if she did, and she looked me square in the eye and said no. And she wasn't lying."

He takes a drink from his glass. He begins rambling about his wife for a while.

After some time, he returns to his story. "So, anyway, I figured there's no way she coulda stole that gold, right? I start thinking about which of the other 8 it could've been. I ask some questions around town about the eight's whereabouts."

"And when I get home, there she was. Dead." He pauses for a long time.

"But, at least I knew she wasn't the thief."

Vote Count
------------------------
Andrew425 -
Phantom of The Library -
Tiruin - Dariush,
ansontan2000 - Andrew425, zombie urist, klingon13524,
zombie urist - Tiruin, ansontan2000,
klingon13524 - Jim Groovester,
Strategia - Phantom of The Library,
Jim Groovester -
Dariush -

Not Voting - Strategia,

Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

ansontan2000 has been lynched!

ansontan2000 was a Townie.

It is now Night. klingon13524 has asked for a replacement.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Night 1
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2012, 08:55:29 pm »

I snap back awake from my stupor. The sheriff had decided to go off on a tangent about cows or horses or something. I wasn't paying attention. Apparently, though, I had spilled my drink on me. I quickly order another one, and the sheriff, noticing my newfound alertness, continues right back into his story.

They had found the owner of the knife, one of the neighbors, and brought him into questioning. There wasn't much evidence he did anything, but they searched his house for the gold anyhow.

"I knew what it really was," says the Sheriff. "T'was a warning. 'Stay outta this business.'" He looks around at the other tables. One person sat in the corner alone and, upon seeing the Sheriff's eyes, nodded and raised his glass to him. The Sheriff politely raises his back.

He starts talking about the local politics of the area. The mayor. The trader. It was another tangent. I couldn't stand it, so I start looking at one of the pictures on the wall...

klingon13524 has been killed!

klingon13524 was a Townie.

Vote Count
------------------------
Andrew425 -
Phantom of The Library -
Tiruin -
zombie urist -
Strategia -
Jim Groovester -
Dariush -

Not Voting - Strategia, Andrew425, zombie urist, Phantom of The Library, Jim Groovester, Tiruin, Dariush,

Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2012, 04:04:19 pm »

I guess I will start then.

Phantom: What do you think about last night's kill?
Tiruin: If you were the cop who would you have investigated last night?

Zombie Urist What is up with your nitpicking? Am I not allowed to spell off memory other then scroll through the pages seeing if I spelt everyone's name right?

StrategiaYou didn't vote at the end of the day. It's ok to mislynch people. It is not ok to not vote. That scummy behaviour

Jim You actually made it to the second day. How often does this happen? How will you play differently now that you have lived this long?

May the mass times acceleration be with you

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:41 pm »

Wubs, the thread title still says night one... *Poof*

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 2
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2012, 04:54:17 pm »

Why backing off of everything so easily?  Now that you've been found out are you afraid that a mob is going to come after you and lynch you?  I'm the only person voting for you so you can't be that afraid unless you have something to hide.

All you're doing now is apologizing and trying to fade back into the shadows after your mistake. 

I asked you to defend yourself not make a bunch of apologies and try to weasel your way out of my sight Mister Mafioso.

I'd jumped the gun by accusing you on flimsy evidence, I felt that I had two options; one, keep pressing with what I had (not much), aggressively going after you with no support, and thus make myself look more and more like scum (at least, that's what I'd think if I was viewing this from an outside perspective), or two, backing off of you, which I felt needed some justification as to why I was so aggressive initially in the first place. I am trying to fade back into the shadows somewhat, mainly to see how I do when I'm not trying to railroad someone. If you're looking for my defence, I would like to point you here, where I outline my reasons for calling you scum. If you want more reasons why I backed off, in addition to what I already said, Jim undercutting my arguments here forced some perspective on me. I had an IC tell me I needed to get my facts straight, which made me feel that pressing the attack might not be a very good decision.

StrategiaYou didn't vote at the end of the day. It's ok to mislynch people. It is not ok to not vote. That scummy behaviour

After I'd made my last post, I planned to re-read the thread again before continuing. Then when I woke up, I'd found the day had ended, and then the night lasted the better part of a week, so I got distracted by other things. (I still haven't re-read the thread.) Unvoting Phantom was a mistake (but I'll wait until I have good reason this time before voting him again), part of my back-off-and-reconsider plan. I hadn't bothered to translate "9PM Central" to a date and time on my end yet, which is why the night snuck up on me.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »

Andrew45: I have no clue why they would NK klingon, he was even asking for replacement.  It doesn't make any sense to me, maybe they didn't know who to NK and decided on the player who wouldn't draw any suspicions towards anybody, maybe they wanted WIFOM to result?  Those are the best guesses I have.

Also, why have you not answered my questions from Day 1?
I don't like how Phantom tried the bandwagon.

Please explain to me how I "tried the bandwagon", what does that even mean?  Are you trying to say that I started one or that I hopped on one?  I don't recall ever doing anything which could be mistaken for either one.

Also why are you not linking many of your quotes?

Strategia
I am trying to fade back into the shadows somewhat, mainly to see how I do when I'm not trying to railroad someone. If you're looking for my defence, I would like to point you here, where I outline my reasons for calling you scum.

I did see your defense. You redacted it as soon as I called you out and attempted to hide instead of presenting actual logical arguments to prove the suspicions you say that you still hold.  I was under the impression that avoiding attention was something that you and your fellow scum did when you weren't feeling so confident; not something that town did when they make a mistake.

MOD/ICs It is possible for the town IC's to be scum, right?

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2012, 08:59:40 pm »

MOD/ICs It is possible for the town IC's to be scum, right?

Yes.  There's a non-playing scum IC (me) who advises the scum team, since a playing IC may or may not be in there to advise scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2012, 01:35:37 am »

Zombie Urist What is up with your nitpicking? Am I not allowed to spell off memory other then scroll through the pages seeing if I spelt everyone's name right?
I just find it annoying. Why are you being so defensive?
It's ok to mislynch people.
Is this something you really want to say?

zombie urist: I'm not misrepresenting them, as I see it. I'm giving my honest answer on what I see on them, just like you did to mine. That created walls of text which I now know is a mistake. Yes, I'm voting you because of that. I'm unsure if your questioning marks you as 'town that wants to help hunt scum' or 'scum that wants to know the plans of town'. This is where I'm stuck on.
I think misinterpret is the better word then. What happened to
We do not agree on who to lynch first unless we are sure of who is who. Or at least have a good feel on it.

Strategia So you backed off of Phantom because you didn't want to look like scum? If that's the case, why are you so afraid people are going to go after you?

Phantom Do you think any of the IC's are scum? If you were mafia, would you have thought to NK Klingon?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2012, 02:18:16 am »

Phantom: What do you think about last night's kill?

Why are you asking? You're not a stranger to Beginner's Mafias, so you know that generally it's a bad idea to look into the nightkill for reads.

Jim You actually made it to the second day. How often does this happen? How will you play differently now that you have lived this long?

It's happened maybe once or twice. Usually because Toaster tells the scum team that it's a good idea to keep me around for longer, so that I have more time to teach everybody before being dead stops me, since that's the whole point of the game.

I'm not going to play any differently, aside from being able to actually play.

It's ok to mislynch people.
Is this something you really want to say?

He'd be repeating me if he did.

Mislynches are acceptable only if there were very good arguments for why that player was scum going into a lynch. You have to keep in mind that lynches don't just remove players from the game, they also investigate targets. If the town does their job and does it well, and they still end up mislynching somebody, then that narrows down their list of suspects to a hopefully tighter band of people.

Town gets mislynched all the time. It's not that big of a deal, if the arguments were good and it gets you closer to finding scum.

Phantom Do you think any of the IC's are scum?

Curious question. Do you have reason to think any of the ICs are scum?

It's weird you'd ask him a question about if he thinks two specific people are scum, instead of what his scumpicks are in general.

Strategia, scum picks and reasons?

Tiruin, there's a bunch of things I want responses to from Day 1, but mostly this:

Most of which were just to find answers to your own questions, most were with the wrong intention too. Making it seem like scumhunting with a blunt stick-- very hard to see the mark, you are also just giving short helpful answers that may help in scumhunting for everyone in discussion. But to me, you aren't personally tracking anyone nor giving who you exactly think is the scummiest.

He's getting answers to his questions (which is what he's supposed to do), but the questions are bad or wrong somehow, and he's also holding back who he really suspects. Or so you claim.

As far as I can tell, your argument against him seems to be that he's doing everything he should, but you just don't like it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2012, 05:46:12 am »

Tiruin, there's a bunch of things I want responses to from Day 1, but mostly this:

Most of which were just to find answers to your own questions, most were with the wrong intention too. Making it seem like scumhunting with a blunt stick-- very hard to see the mark, you are also just giving short helpful answers that may help in scumhunting for everyone in discussion. But to me, you aren't personally tracking anyone nor giving who you exactly think is the scummiest.

He's getting answers to his questions (which is what he's supposed to do), but the questions are bad or wrong somehow, and he's also holding back who he really suspects. Or so you claim.

As far as I can tell, your argument against him seems to be that he's doing everything he should, but you just don't like it.

His voting pattern, I see it as erratic. It's like using your only weapon to find scum and throwing it around like a threat. From what I see, a townie will not do such unless he/she needs specific information or finds something really wrong with what is stated.

I voted him because of so, I can't see the details on his scumhunting. The better players, I guess, do.

Andrew: If I was a cop? Phantom, because other than zombie, he has a good hold on what he says, I'd try to make sure that those who are scumhunting aren't scum themselves.

Sorry Jim if I'm replying with a quote, that is what I see as the answer to your question. I'm busy with many things right now (RL).

I'll reply in a few hours.

zombie urist: I don't see Andrew being defensive. It's the spelling of a name.

You're asking quite a one-sided question there, what would you hope to gain from the knowledge of a NK?

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2012, 07:00:05 am »

BAH!

Wells, it was fun. Kinda stupid that i was lynched by RVS votes. Have fun guys, and DIE YOU FUCKING GOLD NABBING SCUMBAGS!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23