Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62812 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 1
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2012, 06:12:11 pm »

Stormtemplar, as Jim said, saying you're a novice is no excuse. apart for Jim and Dariush, we're ALL novices. Explain to me now what exactly you were trying to find out with that question.

And Tiruin, MYLO is 2 scum 4 town. LYLO is 2 scum 3 town/1 scum 2 town.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2012, 06:39:42 pm »

I find it interesting that a simple question makes you so edgy. Any reason why that is?
I was attempting to pressure you, as I thought that the question was a bit suspicious.  At the time I had little else to go on, so I decided to try to pressure you some.  You seem clean though so far though.

How would you tell if I was scummy or not?

Anston2000

Two people claim cop, are you more likely to believe the first one or the second one?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2012, 09:37:20 pm »

I find it interesting that a simple question makes you so edgy. Any reason why that is?
I was attempting to pressure you, as I thought that the question was a bit suspicious.  At the time I had little else to go on, so I decided to try to pressure you some.  You seem clean though so far though.

How would you tell if I was scummy or not?

Anston2000

Two people claim cop, are you more likely to believe the first one or the second one?
As I already said in an earlier post, for now: looking for common scumtells and anything that doesn't quite match up about people's actions.

How are you voting Ansontan if you already have your vote on me?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2012, 09:42:11 pm »

How are you voting Ansontan if you already have your vote on me?

You do not need to specifically unvote normally.  A new vote overrides the old one.

Exceptions exist depending on the mod, and the presence of a double-voter, etc etc, but none of these exist in Beginner's Mafia.  Here, your most recent vote is the only one that counts.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2012, 10:02:00 pm »

Thanks for clarifying ansontan2000.

Restating my vote.

Chaos Armor and stormtemplar; you two haven't even asked any questions as of late. Don't you both want to, at the very least, get a feeling on any of us?

Being a novice is no excuse, this is my first real game in the Mafia.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2012, 10:57:11 pm »

I have not had any questions to ask.

So Tiruin this is my answer to your question.

I can't really explain it as I said before, but I might try and claim to be a cop myself. Although that is a very flawed offensive counterattack.

Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2012, 11:17:42 pm »

You voted me...without any question or reason.

Right.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2012, 11:31:47 pm »

So Tiruin this is my answer to your question.

Um.

Why?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2012, 11:59:15 pm »

Now I get what you meant zombie urist.
You misunderstood, my last sentence was directed @Dariush as he voted for me once, then did it again.
Ok I see what happened. Still I wonder why you said that I didn't ask any questions when I clearly had.

Being a novice is no excuse, this is my first real game in the Mafia.
What's the difference between a real game and a fake one?

I have not had any questions to ask.
If you read Jim's first post, it pretty much says any questions relating to the game are fine.

Although that is a very flawed offensive counterattack.
Voting him without any evidence is also a very flawed offensive counterattack. It even has a name--OMGUS.

Chaos Armor Why have you not asked any questions?
Tiruin has brought this up several times. Do you have anything original to add?

As I already said in an earlier post, for now: looking for common scumtells and anything that doesn't quite match up about people's actions.
This doesn't answer his new question.

Stormtemplar where are you?

EXTENSION
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Sign-Ups: 7/7, 2/2, 1/1
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2012, 12:46:27 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Andrew425 -
Phantom of The Library -
Tiruin - Dariush, Chaos Armor,
ansontan2000 - Andrew425,
zombie urist - stormtemplar,
Chaos Armor - Jim Groovester, Tiruin,
stormtemplar - ansontan2000, zombie urist,
Jim Groovester -
Dariush -

Not Voting - Phantom of The Library,

Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Extension - zombie urist,

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2012, 04:06:23 am »

Anston2000
[/quote]

You know as well as I do that I would most likely believe the one that seems least scummy and/or actually investigated me and got my role as scum/town right.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2012, 06:41:55 am »

At least the [/quote] tag tells me you aren't voting for yourself, ansontan2000

@zombie urist: Real game - as in my first game not being a replacement. My first game I've participated in the RVS, etc.

What do you mean by a fake Mafia game?! How was that even a question?

Mod: If there is a tie on votes between any two players, it will result in a no lynch right? Even if it's just one-one? There can't be more than one lynch per day right?

Extend!

To clarify,

Six players in question, if my understanding is correct. 2 scum, 4 town = MYLO. There was a cop claim earlier that day, but due to his/her 'scummy' actions the previous days, doubt arises. Other than his investigations on who is the townie, you were found to be scum.

How would you prove him wrong and what would you do the next day if you live?

I can't really explain it as I said before, but I might try and claim to be a cop myself. Although that is a very flawed offensive counterattack.

Chaos Armor, let's say you're the Cop. What would you look for in a target? How would you pick somebody to inspect? Now, be thorough. I want some serious thinking on your part about the subject.
Very very sorry about that. I thought you weren't really asking me and I was doing something else at the moment of reading that.

I would look for anyone who never got any votes against them. I would also look for behavior patterns in people. Of course I really can't give a good answer because for one I have some trouble describing my thought processes and for two it would depend upon the situation, ie:What people are saying.

I would pick them based on what I think is the threat level.

Fixed the MYLO thing by changing it to six players.

Just say what you really think Chaos Armor, so we could at least get what you mean. In the specific sense.

Give a good reason why you voted me. OMGUS.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2012, 07:22:49 am »

Anston2000

Just making up shit as you go is not the way to go. You should ask questions that can at least be plausibly answered, not simply imitate activeness to make sure you aren't going to get lynched as a lurker.

I'm not the one to dictate what exactly I want.
Uh, what? Are we supposed to guess what do you want?
And oddly specific?
For those of you who don't know what to do, games usually start with the Random Vote Stage. You should pick a target randomly, vote them, and ask them a question. The sole purpose of this is to get conversation going when there would otherwise be no reason to do that.
Yes, that's right. You should get a conversation going, not investigate for the other player's response to a pretty much impossible situation and then press on to demand the answer as if his aligment hangs on it.
Chaos Armor and stormtemplar; you two haven't even asked any questions as of late. Don't you both want to, at the very least, get a feeling on any of us?
And again you put far too much weight on the RVS. In large games it's not uncommon for someone who has come in only after someone else made a scumslip or something else discussion-worthy to skip RVS entirely. That point also goes to Phantom. The goal of the game is not to ask random questions. Remember that.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2012, 07:25:20 am »

Right now I can only answer why I voted you because of lack of time.

Why because you continued to ask me a question, a hypothetical one at that, even though you knew that I was going to have a very very hard time answering it.

Why did you ask me a hypothetical question?
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2012, 08:17:26 am »

Because it's RVS. I can't say that you really are scum or town as I have no current knowledge of anyone's role or alignment in this game.

Look at all the other questions out there. It's not only mine that is hypothetical.

@Dariush: Thanks for clarifying that, all of it actually. But when I said 'I'm not the one to dictate what exactly I want.' I meant by: asking them for their honest answer on what would they do in that current situation, not something based on what I need to know. Their reasoning in short.

The thing was, of all the things said from the past, they seem the most vague in their actions. I wanted to see why.

@Chaos Armor: You could request for an extend to add time. The info is on the first page.

And...why do you assume I'm asking you a hard question and that I know that I am? I don't know you, and I don't know that you have problems answering questions- unless you believe your image is at stake.

I'm not psychic by the way. Read the past posts please.

Anston2000

You know as well as I do that I would most likely believe the one that seems least scummy and/or actually investigated me and got my role as scum/town right.
ansontan2000: A fakeclaimer could make a logical guess and then say if you were town or to a lesser extent, mafia. Why are you assuming that Andrew would know how you would act by the way?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23