Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961908 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1530 on: September 05, 2012, 07:11:16 pm »

I don't think it would be. Any time we try to show alien life it is either extremely... human or so far out there it doesn't make sense that anything would work. Aside from that, I prefer the mystery.

Interesting you say that given the first game actually had quite a bit of cultural objects.

With butcher machines, alien food, and even a clear command structure.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 05, 2012, 09:25:02 pm »

There are even more, if you know where to look... such as the dummied out "Alien Entertainment."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gill men in TFTD are implied to be an ancient earth species that allied with the alien colony ship when it crashed.

Apoc has the micronoid empire, those little green globs controlling all the "Alien Dimension" aliens.

I'll leave the rest for you to find out.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 05, 2012, 11:10:25 pm »

There are even more, if you know where to look... such as the dummied out "Alien Entertainment."
Uh... I'm pretty sure Alien Entertainment wasn't dummied out.  The hundreds of units sitting in my general stores after each alien base mission tell me otherwise.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 05, 2012, 11:13:37 pm »

Uh... I'm pretty sure Alien Entertainment wasn't dummied out.  The hundreds of units sitting in my general stores after each alien base mission tell me otherwise.

I thought those were just to sell off?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 05, 2012, 11:17:29 pm »

So are a lot of things, what's your point?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 06, 2012, 03:32:37 am »

This. They're certainly not dummied out, they're the funky 70's disco-looking floor and wall tiles in alien bases and some of their ships.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 06, 2012, 08:20:38 am »

... Weird. I've done more than enough missions with those rooms and never got one Alien Entertainment.

Then again, all my games are weird. Like how purple pikmin are immune to tripping and I've had five die to tripping right in front of a charging bulborb.

I digress-sorry for the misinformation. Shades of culture still stand, don't they?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 06, 2012, 02:11:17 pm »

So are a lot of things, what's your point?
None, just observation.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 06, 2012, 07:39:28 pm »

The pre-order system on steam is awesome. Depending on the amount of people pre-ordering, you get more rewards, with the best reward being civ 5. Its really interesting. Of course, if the entire community goes nuts and doesn't you won't get any bonus, but its already 8% of the way to the first reward and its been up for less than 2 hours.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 06, 2012, 07:44:12 pm »

Weird. Says 6% for me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 06, 2012, 07:58:55 pm »

Have they announced the pre-order bonus on steam yet? Or is it just that tiered system? Because right now I have the physical super edition ordered from Amazon that has the art books and whatnot, and I'm not sure what they'd be offering on Steam that would beat that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 06, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »

What's the US price on Steam?

It's $69.99 in Australia. If it was cheaper in the US, would any Yanks be kind enough to help me buy it? I can do PayPal transfer.

I would've bought it on GamerGate since I have 15% life-time discount and I don't care about TF2 items and already own Civ5, but it's only available on Steam so far. :/
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 06, 2012, 08:24:07 pm »

... Weird. I've done more than enough missions with those rooms and never got one Alien Entertainment.
I think you only "get" them as an item if you smash the walls/floor.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 06, 2012, 09:14:45 pm »

The pre-order system on steam is awesome. Depending on the amount of people pre-ordering, you get more rewards, with the best reward being civ 5. Its really interesting. Of course, if the entire community goes nuts and doesn't you won't get any bonus, but its already 8% of the way to the first reward and its been up for less than 2 hours.

Pre-ordering what?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 06, 2012, 09:20:26 pm »

Pre-ordering what?

Pre-ordering this. You know, the game this thread is about?  :P

The first two tiers are pretty boring. And, since the TF2 items have already been added to the game, earning tier 2 is probably just a formality. I wouldn't say no to a free copy of Civ V, though...
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 625