Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961892 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1560 on: September 07, 2012, 10:44:38 am »

RPS once again does an interview. Part 1 here.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 07, 2012, 10:50:56 am »

No, its Part 4, actually. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 07, 2012, 11:28:44 am »

No, its Part 4, actually. :P

What can I say, RPS has a lot of man-love for XCOM. And Jake Solomon. ;)

Also, Gameinformer has an article up, with some new footage too. Click.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:39:48 am by Dohon »
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 07, 2012, 11:47:52 am »

Here's a video from Gamespy, featuring late game enemies and late game player awesomeness.

Their psyker's model and texture is none other than.....Sid Meiers. He won't be in the actual game, but apparently X-Com is so done they have time to fart around making fun videos.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 07, 2012, 11:49:34 am »

Sid is funny.

Jake Solomon: "We want you in the game. Aliens are invading, and going to kill us all. What role do you get?"
Sid Meier: "Can I be a diplomat?"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 07, 2012, 11:59:26 am »

Here's a video from Gamespy, featuring late game enemies and late game player awesomeness.

Their psyker's model and texture is none other than.....Sid Meiers. He won't be in the actual game, but apparently X-Com is so done they have time to fart around making fun videos.
That video looks really familiar. Hasn't that been out for a while?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 07, 2012, 12:04:54 pm »

Not sure. Was posted on Gamespy today. And they generally don't pick up stuff that's months old.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 07, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »

Not sure. Was posted on Gamespy today. And they generally don't pick up stuff that's months old.

It's new. It does resemble an older showing of the game, which also had Sid Meier in it. Gameinformer and IGN are also showing this piece of footage today.
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #1568 on: September 07, 2012, 04:07:42 pm »

Jesus, this is quite the expensive game, isn't it?

I guess I'll play it in 2 years, when it goes on massive sale... :(

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 07, 2012, 04:11:37 pm »

$50 is expensive? It's the standard price for any AAA release. And it's not $59.99 like just about every cross-platform title is. Or are you seeing something different because of region pricing?

Looks like it will easily meet the Tier 1 Pre-order rewards. Somewhere at 85% already.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:13:12 pm by nenjin »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 07, 2012, 04:26:01 pm »

nah, that stuff precisely exists to drive preorders and best works when you have to make an either-or decision

publisher became so uncomfortable with the truth that most their game sucks that resorted on killing demos, early beta, trials and then some, playing every trick on the book to concentrate sales before the public have a chance to get an impression of the game (same with the kickstarter craze; at least when alpha founding you get something)

At least with Kickstarter and other alpha funding, you're giving people money they don't have to make their game. You want the game getting made? Give us some money... it may be good, or it may suck, but the point was making it possible in the first place. What's the point of pre-orders? It's not to cover costs... the game is DONE. They already spent the money needed to develop it. All that's left is selling it. So like you said, it's just a way to sell as much as they can before people have a chance to review it...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 07, 2012, 04:27:28 pm »

$50 is expensive? It's the standard price for any AAA release. And it's not $59.99 like just about every cross-platform title is. Or are you seeing something different because of region pricing?

Looks like it will easily meet the Tier 1 Pre-order rewards. Somewhere at 85% already.

I was actually talking about this in another forum I'm at.

I blame it on Steam's sales completely spoiling me on pricing. Spending anything north of $20 seems like too much.

Why spend $50 now when I can just wait a couple months and get it for 50%-75% off during the winter sale?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 07, 2012, 04:27:42 pm »

I caved in and pre-ordered this. Only $36 on GreenManGaming after 25% discount and trading-off freely-acquired games.

I think the Elite Soldier Pack will be released as DLC (along with tons of others). So if you wanna wait til the price drops and you're a completionist, don't worry.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 07, 2012, 04:31:38 pm »

Why spend $50 now when I can just wait a couple months and get it for 50%-75% off during the winter sale?

Normally I'm with you on that, but after watching all the streams from PAX I couldn't help but pre-order it. I *really* want to get my hands on that game so I can play it, and I'd rather not wait for months until the price goes down.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 07, 2012, 04:36:20 pm »

I was actually talking about this in another forum I'm at.

I blame it on Steam's sales completely spoiling me on pricing. Spending anything north of $20 seems like too much.

No disagreement here. I think it really comes down to your disposable income. A year ago I could barely conscious paying full price for a game. Now that I'm well-employed, it's much easier to say "yeah I can give in to my "must play it naow" impulse."

Still, I think that's separate from a game being "expensive." Expense is relative to the average price of things and in that regard, X-Com isn't any more expensive than any other game out there.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 625