Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961887 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1545 on: September 06, 2012, 09:21:25 pm »

What's the US price on Steam?

It's $69.99 in Australia.

Of course you need to pay the 20 dollar 'nice beaches tax.' Otherwise how can we punish you for living where you do?

On a more serious note, yeah. It costs 50 bucks in the US. I can't personally do the thing you suggested, but good luck. Hopefully Gamers gate will pick it up.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 06, 2012, 09:24:16 pm »

Oh, there was no way I was going to pre-order this, due to the chance of it being terrible, or being a terrible console port, or that I might want to have it on the XBox 360 instead, etc etc.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 06, 2012, 09:35:19 pm »

So moments after I pre-order the special edition from amazon steam puts up a pre-order?

This always happens. Crafty.

Now, back on topic. I'm not sure if this has been stated before, but a slight advantage of dashing is how the soldier becomes harder to be hit by Overwatch fire. Just bringing up something we might have missed.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 06, 2012, 11:41:32 pm »

I was really really agonizing about pre-ordering it. I didn't think I wanted to pay full price for any game again.

However, it IS a lot of money. We don't have the same kind of disposable income than... northern countries, I guess.

What is the chance of pre-order bonus to be 100% exclusive and never released as DLC or otherwise buyable (seriously... nobody will ever be able to buy the "Elite Soldier Pack" if they didn't preorder? It's a bit hard to believe. I don't care THAT much for Guile hair specifically, mostly the customize UI)? Because if I can buy it later at 50% discount or more, I don't see any sense on wanting to preorder.

Also, TF2 stuff... Meh.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 07, 2012, 12:06:49 am »

I'd like to pre-order it, but don't have the funds. Maybe someone will give me monies for my berfday.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: September 07, 2012, 12:36:56 am »

My berfday's coming up, folks :D

HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 07, 2012, 12:37:58 am »

HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE.
You're right! I'll give you a video of me playing :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 07, 2012, 12:42:36 am »

HINT HINT, NUDGE NUDGE.
Hey, mine too. What a coincidence!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 07, 2012, 03:22:01 am »

Funny thing is from their website they state the pre-order give elite soldier pack, yet in steam, there is a chance that if there is not enough sales, you dont get the elite soldier pack? WTF is that shit?

"Hey Pre-order the game you get the pack!" They say proudly
Goes on steam, "Great now that you want the pack, you will get it only if our greed is satisfied by selling enough pre-order, Mwuahaha!!!" They laugh out.
WuT?!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 07, 2012, 03:44:07 am »

Those first two goals are a bluff anyways. Do you seriously think they'll not deploy those TF2 hats that they spent time producing?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'll do faced with this. Honestly I'm waiting for them all to wise up and do the smart thing: offer the preorder perks to anywho who buys the game up to, say, 1 week after release. Maybe ever 1 month. An amount of time where people can sit back, watch the early livestreams, watch the early reviews, and then afterwards have the pressure of buying it in the next few days to get that buff. As is the people who sit back and wait for the early post-release reviews and early post-release livestreams are faced with the choice of either forfeiting the preorder bonuses or pirating the game to get them. (Which of course is the other major problem with preorder exclusives for single-player games.)
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 07, 2012, 03:50:26 am »

nah, that stuff precisely exists to drive preorders and best works when you have to make an either-or decision

publisher became so uncomfortable with the truth that most their game sucks that resorted on killing demos, early beta, trials and then some, playing every trick on the book to concentrate sales before the public have a chance to get an impression of the game (same with the kickstarter craze; at least when alpha founding you get something)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 07, 2012, 06:01:36 am »

I was going to post about the steam pre-orders, but timezones ... :) Anyway, it has been confirmed on the official forums that everyone gets the FIRST bonus (Elite Soldier Pack) on Steam by simply pre-ordering, no matter if the threshold is reached or not.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 07, 2012, 06:05:48 am »

The sheer amount of different pre-order DLC for Dragon Age Origins made it impossible to play with them all without pirating it. Of course, as it turns out, they're all junk that you wouldn't want to play with anyways. (Aside from that one with the golem character. That was a pre-order thing, right? I forget.)

If a pre-order gives me an unfair advantage over what the single-player game was intended to be, why would I want that? TF2 items don't do that, of course, but I don't play TF2 anymore anyways, so that's no incentive.

... I could probably sell TF2 items or something, but that's hard to arrange AFAIK and Valve probably doesn't approve.

Also, games that say this also just piss me off (Looking at you Max Payne 3): "WE INCLUDED A DLC WITH MAPS AND/OR MULTIPLAYER STUFF THAT PEOPLE WHO DON'T PRE-ORDER DON'T GET AND HAVE TO BUY SEPARATELY!" (I still haven't bought that. I know they're going to release more DLC, and then there's going to be a new version of it released that includes it all, for the same or lower price than the game originally released for. Now Borderlands 2... Pre-ordered that... Not sure I'll like it, but hey!)

Not sure how much of this they're doing for Firaxis' XCom game, since I haven't looked at the pre-order page at all, though. This conditional pre-order bonuses thing is kind of ridiculous though. It's like they went "Hey that kickstarter stretch goals thing is popular, let's do that but instead of enhancing the game further if there are a lot of pre-orders, let's just add more pre-order bonuses because that will be really easy and won't delay our release date at all!"
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 07, 2012, 06:32:30 am »

i pre-ordered borderland because i was a huge fan of the first, and its hard to mess up the second one from what i saw, but this... there is sooo much difference than the original i dont know if im ready to blind-buy that game yet.

Borderlands 2 is basicly Borderland 1 with new map/abilities, hard to miss, but this is an overhaul, and sometime overhaul are.... swing and miss... Dont get me wrong so far i like what i see even tho its very different but 60$, i dont know.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 07, 2012, 06:48:08 am »

Weird. Says 6% for me.

From what i've heard, steam occasionally shows the wrong number as its not ideal for the tiered system. The website doesn't always show the same up to date page for everyone.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 625