Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 13: In which there aren't muffin pans.  (Read 26160 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 3: Stalkers! Explosions! Hot Tea!
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2012, 07:11:27 pm »

Does it have to be a literal forgotten beast, or could I just PM you randomly invented/rolled for creatures of a decidedly haphazard/combined variety?
That would be acceptable. ^^ Thank you. (Jeeze, everyone's just piling in.)

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2012, 07:11:51 pm »

It's that tree I made but someone turned it into a monster.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2012, 11:12:25 pm »

Dun dun DUN!

Keep an eye out for that person, flee if seen. Try tracking down the assistants to find out more.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 4
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2012, 12:29:20 am »

Huh. I didn't even plan on Monk doing that, but hey. Makes it easy on me.

Turn: In which night finally gets around to falling, and Derm Derms around.

Actions:
--------
Attempt to do something involving this strange artifact and my new powers. Fail to resist urge to cackle maniacally.
(5) You work up a truly diabolical cackle as you unleash a blast of lightning that completely destroys the table, and splashes tea everywhere. Unfortunately, Valia is also in the line of fire... (2/3) and barely manages to avoid the crackling electricity

Dodge Derek's powers, then attempt to repeat his experiment for myself.
(5) Having only just avoided a shocking fate, you try to focus on your own power, and a large chunk of earth and stone hovers in the air in front of you. It seems oddly fluid to you, though you're also certain to anyone else it will be as solid as any other rock. You're also alittle disappointed about the tea.

She tries to cover Gem with its...covering.And afterwards, she tries to conduct research on it in town
(3) You manage to replace the covering, but you have a feeling that you didn't actually manage to fix it, so the energy might surge out again at any time. Afterwords you leave your home to try to find out more. You head to the park, figuring it's as good a place to start as any.

Do some maintenance and then head to park for lunch. Crazy stuff happens there
(5) You spend alittle more time working, then head to the park for lunch. Only when you arrive do you remember that it's late in the evening, and you already ate lunch. And dinner. As you ponder on why you forgot such an important thing, you see what can only be loosely described as a large creature amongst the trees. It's pretty ugly.

Keep an eye out for that person, flee if seen. Try tracking down the assistants to find out more.
(3) You... manage to find out that there were several assistants working in the lab that might know about the events. Your searching for more info dead ends at a currently empty home near the park.
-----------------------------------------
The sun finishes setting, plunging the city into darkness. Coal powered lamps flicker dimly into life, failing to do more then simply create more shadows. Most citizens are at home now, and the constant clank and clatter of city life quiets down to only a distant hiss of steam, and the soft grinding sound of gears turning. The moon is partially visible on the horizon, though the steam and buildings obscure it.

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2012, 12:44:12 am »

Time to get Nancy Drew up in he-ah! It would make more sense to transform now, but I need to save that shit for dramatic moments!

Try climbing onto an adjoining rooftop. See if I can peek in the windows.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2012, 12:45:59 am »

Equip brass knuckles and slowly appreach the creature. Also try to see what the thing looks like.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2012, 12:51:21 am »

Examine local vicinity (park), try to re-fix whatever else I broke about the Gem. Perform tests (since it is night)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2012, 02:12:55 am »

"Hahahahaha! Electricity! How... electrifying! Bad pun, need to work on that. Now I shall truly show the world the power of Dermonster! Now little device... I know I heard a voice. Are you sentient? I need to get to my lab. Thank you for your time, and I apologize for the mess. Maybe we could share a cup at some less urgent future point. Here's my card, contact me if you need anything, if something comes up, or if you find another with this weird bracelet. I'll forward you a small sum to pay for the table. Derek, away~!"Traverse the town to locate my lab.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 02:14:28 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2012, 12:03:05 am »

Wow. Apologies for the long absence, but I'm back now. And waiting for... Freeformschooler, apparently. Huh. If I don't get an action by this time (midnight) tomorrow night, I'll NPC the turn. I won't NPC for two turns in a row, because that makes me feel awkward and bogged down, and after 6 days I think it's time to move on anyway.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2012, 08:37:58 am »

I know I've made that mistake before, but if you want your players to post, change the thread title.

Valia waved her arms. "Hey, wait up! If we can get to your lab, maybe we can find out more about these devices." Follow Derm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2012, 08:46:03 am »

((Apparently, someone changed it back to Turn 3 when it did go to Turn 4))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2012, 09:52:53 am »

Nah, the post title changed but the thread title didn't.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2012, 02:10:41 pm »

I thought I did. Apparently it didn't take. Apologies.
I try to check, and update, daily, so it doesn't hurt to check in once every 2 days or so. Anyway, turn 5 out shortly.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 5
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2012, 02:49:25 pm »

Double Posting like a boss. And I got around to updating the saved character sheets.
Turn 5: In which they team up. Sort of.

Actions:
--------
Try climbing onto an adjoining rooftop. See if I can peek in the windows.
(2) You try to climb up to the roof, but as you do you see a man dressed in a brilliant yellow dress walk into the park. The shock of the odd sight makes you slip and fall, landing in a pile of rubbish. You're not badly hurt anywhere except your pride.

Equip brass knuckles and slowly appreach the creature. Also try to see what the thing looks like.
(4) You drop the brass knuckles and barely manage to catch them before they hit the ground. You slide them on and duck down, worried that it noticed the quick movement. Peeking over a bush, you inspect the creature.
This is a bipedal snail. It is covered in tentacles and undulates rhythmically. Beware it's poisonous slime and musical breath! What.

Examine local vicinity (park), try to re-fix whatever else I broke about the Gem. Perform tests (since it is night)
(4)You start to examine the park, but than you realize it's too large and settle for exploring it instead. As you wander, you tinker with the gem and manage to reduce the likely-hood of another surge, but you still haven't managed to fix it completely. Suddenly, you see a very disturbing silhouette among the trees, and a large man lurking behind a bush, looking at it. You decide testing can wait

Traverse the town to locate my lab.
(3) You try to follow the directions you were given, but end up lost. Again. This time you find yourself in the park, and you realize where you are. You also realize that you can see a woman beyond the next curve in the path. She appears to be looking at something in shock.

Follow Derm.
(5)You... follow Derm, but only realize he's lost again when he wanders into the park.

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2012, 02:53:51 pm »

...Valia tries to determine what the woman ahead is looking in shock at. If it's hostile, she jumps in front of the woman and protects her with her metal staff!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13