Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1325143 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #915 on: April 20, 2013, 01:39:02 am »

Nice!  I use a different 3D modeling program but I like those details :D

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 21, 2013, 04:17:10 am »

3/5

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #917 on: April 21, 2013, 08:29:21 am »

Cute style, i like it! c:

@wierd: Hot damn, that's some awesome furniture right there. Also, slightly unrelated question: Is the first one made in Blender? Because i recall it having a render background with that exact blue colour, back when i dabbled in it. I suppose it could just be a standard background, but hey!

Also, last night i got into a bit of an odd mood, possibly inspired by Jopax's "zoning out" paintings. I tried doing the same thing here...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Which, frankly, turned out pretty terribly. Then again, it does make about as much sense as the inside of my head does. :U
AND THEN AFTERWARDS, i tried doing something that wasn't... Well terrible and abstract.
Might yet fiddle with this some more, because i'm not sure i like the super blurry brush strokes (and, as another bromate mentioned, the light colour isn't quite adequate).
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 21, 2013, 12:08:05 pm »

I like the first one more, like some twisted nightmare or something, possibly an acid trip during night. Second one is too blurry and too dark, but keep at it, most people starting digital painting have trouble with hard and defined edges.

Anyways, since I don't want to doublepost or edit have this roughly two hour piece:

Based roughly off of this one:
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 22, 2013, 04:03:09 am »

Very sleek and cool! But why did you opt for such an uninspiring image composition?
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 22, 2013, 04:31:57 am »

Mostly because I'm trying to get down the technicalities, the perspective and all that. Sort of a study of the starting piece with some minor modifications to make it slightly more dynamic.

Anyways, preliminary pen sketch of something I'm working on for a friend:

Edit:

Here's the first WIP, a single Multiply layer, looking better than I expected :D

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:19:50 am by Jopax »
AS - IG

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 22, 2013, 02:16:29 pm »

I was working on painting without a pencil sketch, no real intent, but I ended up with this:

Not the best, and I'm still not quite happy with how unclean edges are, but it was good practice, and much better than previous attempts without pencil lines.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:10:51 am by Vactor »
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 22, 2013, 02:49:54 pm »

If you're looking for clean edges here's something to help you along : http://ctrlpaint.com/videos/brush-control-pt-1
AS - IG

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 22, 2013, 04:24:12 pm »

If you're looking for clean edges here's something to help you along : http://ctrlpaint.com/videos/brush-control-pt-1

Interesting tutorial, I had been kinda doing stuff like that already, using erasers to give hard edges.  I'm not a huge fan of making each brush stroke its own layer, but it would probably help for me to use more layers while painting.  I do it when I color my sketches, I guess i've just got a mindset that you should be able to paint everything in on one layer (like you paint on a single canvas) but digital brushes don't give you enough control for that.

Also I think i'm going to watch some more bob ross to pick up simple techniques for landscapes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 22, 2013, 04:42:22 pm »

Not neccessarily each stroke, but grouping certain things together can make painting complex things much much easier in terms of cleaning up the edges and the whole piece in general. While painting everything on a single layer has its charms and is great fun to do, refusing to do so is denying an immense amount of advantages digital painting offers. Also for landscape techniques you would probably benefit most from watching several different artists doing it, this gives a great variety that you can pick and choose from your favourite ones.
AS - IG

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 22, 2013, 06:46:34 pm »

Cute style, i like it! c:

@wierd: Hot damn, that's some awesome furniture right there. Also, slightly unrelated question: Is the first one made in Blender? Because i recall it having a render background with that exact blue colour, back when i dabbled in it. I suppose it could just be a standard background, but hey!

Also, last night i got into a bit of an odd mood, possibly inspired by Jopax's "zoning out" paintings. I tried doing the same thing here...
Which, frankly, turned out pretty terribly. Then again, it does make about as much sense as the inside of my head does. :U
AND THEN AFTERWARDS, i tried doing something that wasn't... Well terrible and abstract.
Might yet fiddle with this some more, because i'm not sure i like the super blurry brush strokes (and, as another bromate mentioned, the light colour isn't quite adequate).

Since CATIA is NURBS based, to get my creations into pretty much anything else, I have to export it into a polygonal mesh. Sadly, catia only speaks one polygonal language, and that happens to be the nearly useless stereolitho format. (.stl). Because of the rather.. hrm.. poor features of stl, I import that into blender, merge, group entity data, and apply textures.

I use blender, because it is free, and basically any output format can be built from it.

I uploaded a lion-less version of said wardrobe to Opengameart.org here.

Warning, the file uses over 300k polygons. It is not boned, rigged, or animated. But, if you want to use it in something, it's cc:by licensed, so just declare where you got it from, and its OK.

I have that executive desk in blender format laying around someplace too, but I forget where. I would happily make static objects like this if anyone asked. I put extra effort into the wardrobe though, because an IRL friend asked for it specifically. (He's a CS Lewis fan. Screw disney.)

I might possibly consider making furniture meshes (without textures. That's DIY.) On request if anyone wants one. Just have a sample picture of the kind of furniture to show me o. Hand.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 23, 2013, 03:18:14 pm »

Some random splurges of colour ended up with me trying my hand at space art :D

AS - IG

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 23, 2013, 09:01:00 pm »

Jopax, I don't know how to to say this, but...

The middle of your nebula looks kinda... well... phallic.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 25, 2013, 11:03:29 am »

Did some work on making clouds:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:10:21 am by Vactor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 25, 2013, 09:35:26 pm »

HAHA! I've done it! I used Blender to create a 2D animation (after drawing in GIMP, and converting them to .gifs in GIMP afterwards), after failing at anything else free with keyframes that I tried! Take that, person who said using Blender in such a way would only produce terrible things! Yeah, not smooth, I forgot to deal with that first.

Spoiler: THIS IS SUCCESS (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 846