Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 846

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1325050 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #900 on: April 13, 2013, 12:54:36 pm »

I like it! Nice use of color intermingling with light.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 13, 2013, 01:25:14 pm »

So I kept the song repeating (since a roomie and a friend are trawling trough chatroulette while listening to shitty turbofolk) and kinda zoned out for a while. Trying to think of something to do with the blank canvas, all the while I kept piling on and erasing and doing wierd stuff with the brush. Moments ago I kinda realised that I filled the canvas, can't really tell what it is tho :
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 13, 2013, 02:26:42 pm »

So I kept the song repeating (since a roomie and a friend are trawling trough chatroulette while listening to shitty turbofolk) and kinda zoned out for a while. Trying to think of something to do with the blank canvas, all the while I kept piling on and erasing and doing wierd stuff with the brush. Moments ago I kinda realised that I filled the canvas, can't really tell what it is tho :
-img-
I don't know what it is either, but you should do it more often. It looks great.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #903 on: April 13, 2013, 02:50:45 pm »

Looks like something in a Modern Art Museum, honestly.

Did you make it in Photoshop? What brush are you using?

Been screwing around with my tablet and figuring out Photoshop. I got into some map making tutorials for Photoshop, and turned out with this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's pretty basic and has a lot of flaws, but I'm pretty happy with it.
I thought it was a leaf and a caterpillar at first.

Hehe, I was just tossing in a forest to see how it would look with the Overlay (The hills are 100% Overlay). The tutorial just covered hills, rather than 3D objects, but I'm finding Overlay is very flexible for lighting and shading. The only thing I don't like about it is having to constantly change which shade of gray you're using, but the alternative is screwing with a huge range of colors that may or may not change later.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 13, 2013, 04:00:06 pm »

Photoshop all the way, used the Splerdge brush, not sure in which brushpack I got it, I can find out and provide you with a download if you wish :)

Anyways, did another one, this one had some more agressive music involved (and a lot more wine) but it mellowed out into the same song in the end:
AS - IG

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 13, 2013, 04:06:23 pm »

It looks like a soldier in plate armor standing among the flames. Almost skeletal in design, but I think it's armor.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 13, 2013, 06:42:23 pm »

Why is it that when Jopax says 'welp, no idea what to draw, guess I'll just make semi-random brush strokes' it turns out awesome, but when I try painting like that it turns into the bastard child of Picasso's work and Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 14, 2013, 05:19:26 am »

Looks like some kind of wolf-lich to me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 14, 2013, 08:05:51 am »

So remember how I said I discovered how cool Crayons are?

Well here's the piece:

Thinking of doing the other kaiju in a similar way, might have to get some colours other than yellow for that tho.
AS - IG

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 14, 2013, 09:49:09 am »

Jesus, how are you so good with crayons?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 14, 2013, 09:55:31 am »

To clarify, the piece is done with a crayon and a pencil. The crayon was the yellow the pencil did the rest of it :)

Edit:

Did another landscape, this one was a lot more focused than the last one, the clouds could use a lot more work but I'm rather wasted from writing up lab reports.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:44:41 pm by Jopax »
AS - IG

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 14, 2013, 07:39:01 pm »

I finally finished modelling all four main characters for my current project, so I've moved on to rigging. I didn't think the body was going to be a problem, but I wasn't sure about the faces. Fortunately, it turned out to be simpler than expected. These are some expression tests. There are still a few problems to work out, but it turned out pretty good for a first try. There are eight bones in the mouth, one on the jaw, two for each eyebrow, two for each eye, one below each eye, and one on each side of the nose.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 17, 2013, 05:13:04 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/W5PurFf.jpg

10 minute speed paint, getting better but plenty of improvement to had.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 18, 2013, 05:23:52 pm »

...this appears to be the new drawing stuff megathread. PTW and eventually share stuff. I need to find a good scanner sometime.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 18, 2013, 05:50:13 pm »

I do, on occasion, make 3D furniture models out of NURBS surfaces. (Industrial CAD package)

Like these two.

Wood executive desk, with working drawers

A "certain" wardrobe I made for a personal favor for an IRL friend of mine. (Copyrighted image motifs conspicuously removed, for obvious reasons.)

I am quite good with the CATIA seat I use (VERY $$$$$ CAD/CAM package! Used to make airplanes by BOEING and pals.) At work, and I sometimes make such things.

It has been awhile since I have made such things though. I do all sorts of things, and just don't have enough time for them all.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 846