Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839101 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2f - Bugfix, Graphics and Kobolds (and Linux/Mac OS)
« Reply #9090 on: February 10, 2013, 04:31:51 pm »

Unarchiver (i.e. "unar") is what comes to mind for me on OSX.
Otherwise -- I dunno, it's your computer :) 

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: February 10, 2013, 04:34:26 pm »

Yeah. That fix... won't run. I don't have the option to extract or anything. Doesn't work for me. What do I open it with?
I packed it in a .rar file to keep the size under 50 MiB so Meph can put it on DFFD if there are no problems with it.
A quick google search turned up this which should be able to extract .rar archives on a mac.

I can switch it to .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 which have good compression and should open without extra software if wikipedia is correct.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:39:01 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: February 10, 2013, 04:46:01 pm »

I can switch it to .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 which have good compression and should open without extra software if wikipedia is correct.
Here is one packed with tar.bz2.
Hopefully that works so we don't get "How do I open this?" questions for the mac version.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: February 10, 2013, 04:55:11 pm »

Here goes nothin'.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: February 10, 2013, 04:59:25 pm »

7zip has some unofficial Mac versions.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: February 10, 2013, 05:05:26 pm »

Manual is up and running. Let me check hack and others.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: February 10, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »

7zip has some unofficial Mac versions.
tar.bz2 has compression close to .7z and .rar and does not need anything extra installed to open it on a Mac so I would go with that.
Sigtext

BioDisaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: February 10, 2013, 05:48:42 pm »

Is there some way that I could make it so the materials aren't so generic :/?I was hoping I wasn't the only one that cared,but it seems I am,and there is no way I can see to fix generic materials,and I kinda want to know if its barn owl leather or giant olm leather!I'm not asking you to add in an option to the settings .exe just because one person is a bit pestered by this,but I am asking if you could tell me how exactly to get rid of the darn thing.
Edit:If someone has asked this already,I apologize,but I'm not going through six hundred pages of posts just to check.
"Yes,I know that dropping migrants down death pits is insane,but I want those spikes now!"-The words of your murderous overlord

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: February 10, 2013, 05:57:29 pm »

Generic materials are pretty much intertwined throughout the entire working of the mod.  You'd almost have an easier time starting with a fresh vanilla DF and modding *in* all the MDF features that you like.

Parhelion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: February 10, 2013, 06:19:00 pm »

I am trying to run the copy of Dwarf Therapist that is bundled with Masterwork.  (Thus, why I didn't run to the DF Therapist thread instead first.)

When I attempt to run it, Windows says the program has stopped working.  I checked the log for clues and couldn't find any.  I have run this program on this PC many, many times before without issue, with previous versions of Masterwork.  I also managed to run a copy downloaded yesterday evening on another computer.

The only thing I can come up with that I've done differently is I ran the Lrg. Address Aware program on the DF .exe. 

I'm wondering if anyone else is having these issues, and if it IS the Lrg. Address Aware causing the problem, a little direction towards which team would rather have that report (Therapist or Masterwork).

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: February 10, 2013, 06:21:49 pm »

@Torgan: The generic drinks shouldnt happen anymore... do you know which plants produce it?
I don't think it's any of the underground plants as far as I can tell, I usually buy out all the food from caravans so I suspect it's one of the aboveground plants but I've been sieged every season since I noticed it so haven't had any trade.

Couple of other food issues I think I've found

I'm also able to cook with Shadowleaf leaves once they are bagged like quarry leaves, according to the wiki they are meant to be inedible.

I picked some Nether Vines and there's no reaction in the still or brewery to turn them in to booze, however just using the normal Brew Drink task at the still does use them to make booze.

Nightwing sieges have been bring their dreaded War Camels but I think they got the hump when they were sliced apart, took seven war dragons last season. The Champion of MirroredFord, Nalthish Chainfurnaces the Wrathful Flukes of Shielding (fitting name?), charged out of the darkness at them in the entrance tunnels, blocking and dodging the fiery breaths. His superior welded mithril battle axe took down five while his squad mate Vucar NettedGifted the Mechanical Holiness of Distances claimed two. I have now got loads of dragon scales so awesome cloaks for everyone \o/ Or possibly they came from treasure finding, I didn't really notice.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: February 10, 2013, 06:23:52 pm »

@Torgan: The generic drinks shouldnt happen anymore... do you know which plants produce it?
I don't think it's any of the underground plants as far as I can tell, I usually buy out all the food from caravans so I suspect it's one of the aboveground plants as I don't farm them. I've been sieged every season since I noticed it so haven't had any trade. But I will let you know if I can work it out.

Couple of other food issues I think I've found

I'm also able to cook with Shadowleaf leaves once they are bagged like quarry leaves, according to the wiki they are meant to be inedible.

I picked some Nether Vines and there's no reaction in the still or brewery to turn them in to booze, however just using the normal Brew Drink task at the still does use them to make booze.

Nightwing sieges have been bring their dreaded War Camels but I think they got the hump when they were sliced apart, took seven war dragons last season. The Champion of MirroredFord, Nalthish Chainfurnaces the Wrathful Flukes of Shielding (fitting name?), charged out of the darkness at them in the entrance tunnels, blocking and dodging the fiery breaths. His superior welded mithril battle axe took down five while his squad mate Vucar NettedGifted the Mechanical Holiness of Distances claimed two. I have now got loads of dragon scales so awesome cloaks for everyone \o/ Or possibly they came from treasure finding, I didn't really notice.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: February 10, 2013, 06:24:11 pm »

I accidentally removed a file from the last Mac download I posted that is needed to use "Settings.exe" when I removed the windows utilities.
You can get a fixed download here.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:43:18 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: February 10, 2013, 06:25:54 pm »

I accidentally removed a file the last Mac download I posted that is need to use "Settings.exe" when I removed the widows utilities.
You can a fixed download here.

I see that. I am also having trouble running DFhack.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: February 10, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

I'm wondering if anyone else is having these issues, and if it IS the Lrg. Address Aware causing the problem, a little direction towards which team would rather have that report (Therapist or Masterwork).

You do actually have ~4 or more Gb of RAM, right?  If it really is LAA causing the problem, then, neither Therapist devs nor Meph have anything to do with it. 

ed. For what it's worth I use LAA and the most recent Therapist without trouble, once in a blue moon I get a Dwarf fortress crash usually during large/long world gens, but never a Therapist crash.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:32:10 pm by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 749