Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837914 times)

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2d - Instant Update for smake :P
« Reply #8190 on: January 06, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »

Not sure if nerfing social skills will affect the rate of concubine marraige? How about making them learn 1/10 the speed of regular dwarves?
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: January 06, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »

I think having concubines learn skills at a much slower rate than other dwarves, would be a good way to prevent ways of cheesing them.

On the other hand, children having a much faster learn rate sounds like a good idea to me.. although children with castes can kinda take care of that as well. I once had a legion child.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: January 06, 2013, 05:31:12 pm »

@meph That was indeed in the pet section of the embark menu. Ill try backing up the save and embark with some of those. Will upload the save after that

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: January 06, 2013, 05:34:04 pm »

please let that happen, let us have forgotten beasts as pets :)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: January 06, 2013, 05:35:43 pm »

Automatons, How do they die out?  I think they don't die in the first couple years (i.e. they don't starve).

Is it possible they found civs but just don't spread out much?  One thing that is a little odd about their and Frost Giants entity file  is that they all biomes are BIOME_SUPPORT frequency of only 1.  If you make some biomes a higher number (say, 4) I think they will be more likely to spread new settlements.  Of course if you make *all* biomes a high number they should spread like the plague.
That might be it they don't seem to do much in the legends for me but kill anyone who attacks them.
I still have some living automaton civs after 100 years but some of them only have ~10 legends entries.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: January 06, 2013, 05:42:14 pm »

Now, im a bit of a noob when it comes to world generation, but a relevant question could be (if it matters): Do they have means of reproducing? Because if they dont, their numbers will decrease over the course of the years, so they would die out eventually.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: January 06, 2013, 05:51:11 pm »

@Molay: If there were other effects I would have named them. So far it is only what has been in the mod all along. only the good biomes changed. deserts have blinding sand clouds, and glaciers should have blizzards that dont harm anyone... and isnt synthiflesh from star wars? A bit... non-medieval-fantasy ? ;)

But yeah, more medical stuff for the Apothecarius is planned as soon as I get to it.

Well, could be it gets used in star wars. My synthiflesh is from WH40K however - and there's no wrong place for WH40K as far as I know. Prehistory? Use WH40K! Medieval age? Use WH40K! Fantasy worlds? Use WH40K! :D

Well yeah, it might go a bit over the top actually to have synthiflesh, I admit. But we could have other, more story related means of regrowing limbs: The God of Blood. A limb-missing person could decide to pray for a renewal of his limbs, with a chance for it to regrow. The reaction would use flesh (meat), bone and blood I'd suggest. And also have a fairly decent chance to turn into something unpleasant, maybe killing the unworthy dwarf that requests such a thing from Armok. Or taking another limb instead of replacing the missing one. Or infecting the offender with a curse, renewing his limb and making him go stark raving mad, starting to attack other dwarves with his new limb. Or transform him into a new creature with more limbs - a dwarf with many spider legs, for example, Armok's Chosen or something like that.

In short:
Pray for limb (meat, blood, bone):
50% -> limb regrows
10% -> limb does not regrow
10% -> other limb gets cut
10% -> limb regrows, dwarf goes on a rampage
10% -> kill
10% -> be transformed into something fairly "special"
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: January 06, 2013, 05:54:22 pm »

Interesting.
Sometnig must have really messed up something else. When trying to embark with one of the forgotten beasts, nothing else, the game instantly crashes every time.

You might need the entire DF-Folder to try and track down that bug...

The saves are all of the same world.
I embarked on the far north west corner, so try going there to reliably get the same dwarven civ... The FBs are at the bottom of the pet list.

DFFD did not want to cooperate, so i just put it in my dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt21y28xi8x4ms8/Dwarf%20Fortress.rar

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: January 06, 2013, 06:02:54 pm »

Not sure if its related. When i have automatons die out they are usually gone before year 50. When this happens my frost giant numbers are super high. I only seem to get automatons when frost giant numbers are very low after generation. Could it be they settle similar biomes and early on they war to near extinction?  Im just saying i never see frost giants die out but the only time i see automatons is if frost giants lose a few wars early on and so their numbers get lowered early on.  Maybe someone with a faster cpu can test to see if they see automatons die out with frost giants disables?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: January 06, 2013, 06:35:39 pm »

ok, so my soldiers will get Iron runes, the extra pain is so worth it when fighting with spears, as it's already the pain that makes my soldiers wipe out the enemies.

Like "Urist McSpearUser stabs gobo into the right foot", and other kind of injuries that won't kill, but will render the target inapt to fully use its strength.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: January 06, 2013, 07:31:15 pm »

Well, it seems that the fort defense part of the mod is semi-broken, in that Dark Stranglers show up with iron-grade weapons within the first year. That's just silly IMO. Is this a Masterwork mod bug or is it Fort Defense itself?

EDIT: THANK YOU
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:51:56 pm by cAPSLOCK »
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8201 on: January 06, 2013, 07:34:53 pm »

I will see that I seperate supported biomes between automatons and frost giants, make their ethics agree more, and give automatons more supported biomes.

@cheatingchicken: Nah, it was really easy to find. Could I make an assumption ? You copied the new version into the old version. Because you do have a creature_subterranean_ff.txt, which does not exist in V2d. The creatuers have been moved to other files, for better selection in the GUI. You now have duplicate creatures, and DF moves all creature entries then, thats why you ended up with FBs.

@molay: I will reintroduce the elixier of life, which regrowths limbs for the Alchemist or Aphothecarius. But not quite as fancy as the stuff you describe. It wont work on already transformed creatures... and here is an insider tip: If you set up any creature... landmine, turrets, something in the colosseum... you dwarf is fully healed and gets new limbs. I cant removed that ^^

@CaptApollo12: Such a thing as concubine marriage does not exist. For all ingame purposes they are pets. You cant marry your pet turtle either.

@rrroach: Of course you can still take those. Nothing I can affect with modding, it will still work.

@tally: Nothing changed graphic wise. I just went through all the raws with beyond compare and counter-checked the old ascii and new ascii versions, and they have no changes in colors or tiles.

EDIT:@capslock: Had a quick look. The stranglers would accept all the tags from the civ below them in the entity file, if stranglers are ON, but the others are OFF. I fixed it, both for stranglers and elephants. If you want to do this yourself now, just open the entity file and move both their entries to the bottom.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:37:38 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: January 06, 2013, 07:42:24 pm »

A long time ago, I think in Civilization Forge, there was something about a limit to the number of reactions an entity could be assigned. Does this exist or has it been disproven or fixed? If it does exist, how much more do you think you can expand Masterwork before you run into that limit?

Also interested because if I make a mod with many reactions, I may have the same problem.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8203 on: January 06, 2013, 07:46:11 pm »

There is no max as far as anyone can tell. I have 2000 in the dwarven entity alone. If you make a mod with more, let me know :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8204 on: January 06, 2013, 07:54:10 pm »

There is no max as far as anyone can tell. I have 2000 in the dwarven entity alone. If you make a mod with more, let me know :P

That's way more than the number in Civilization forge or so I think. I believe the trouble started with around 200 reactions or so.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 749