Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837482 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - UPDATE and POLL
« Reply #7905 on: December 30, 2012, 12:56:13 pm »

- Is it possible to implement a search function, to find exactly what you need? (one of the great advantages of the magmawiki!)

Can be easily added if meph wants :P

Zhukov5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - MANUAL Test Version. 99% done.
« Reply #7906 on: December 30, 2012, 01:37:25 pm »

I am playing MW V.2b and have a Legion Dwarf who is so strong that he has wrapped back around to being weak.  His strength according to Therapist is 3622 and his description says that he is very weak.  Another dwarf who is described as strong has about 1800.  A third dwarf said to be weak has about 700 strength.

Maybe you have overdone the strength on Legion Dwarfs a bit.

I then tried to build his strength by putting him on a pump which brought it up to 3624 which is still very weak.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:41:01 pm by Zhukov5 »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: December 30, 2012, 01:41:18 pm »

I am playing MW V.2b and have a Legion Dwarf who is so strong that he has wrapped back around to being weak.  His strength according to Therapist is 3622 and his description says that he is very weak.  Another dwarf who is described as strong has about 1800.  A third dwarf said to be weak has about 700 strength.

Maybe you have overdone the strength on Legion Dwarfs a bit.
Code: [Select]
YESCASTE[SELECT_CASTE:LEGION_MALE]
YESCASTE[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:3000:3500:3750:4000:4250:4500:5000]            ++++

3,600 is 'very weak' for Legion Dwarves. Their minimum strength is 3,000.

Another dwarf who is described as strong has about 1800.

Which is the point of the castes being powerful and rare.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:42:59 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: December 30, 2012, 02:32:31 pm »

Question. How do you rune a weapon in the weaponry? i have 2 untranslated runes from my scientist research lab but the weaponry says i need two futhark runes. How do i translate the runes?

[VK]

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: December 30, 2012, 02:34:09 pm »

I found a small bug, which crashes DF.

If I make wooden bins in the carpenters Workshop and the list is already full of wooden bins the game crashes when I press a->n. Works also in other workshops that have an item that is bind to n.

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: December 30, 2012, 02:51:39 pm »

Thanks for a great mod! Many of the added features make me confused. But that's just a bonus.
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: December 30, 2012, 03:08:22 pm »

If I make wooden bins in the carpenters Workshop and the list is already full of wooden bins the game crashes when I press a->n. Works also in other workshops that have an item that is bind to n.

Define "the list". This sounds like a vanilla bug.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: December 30, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »

One quick question, is it possible to add a continuous source of vapor to the ballista, which would continually emit "NO FEAR" gas to anything within the tiles of the ballista, so my siege engineers would be less useless? Would be great!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7913 on: December 30, 2012, 05:29:24 pm »

I couldnt replicate the crash from pressing N in a carpenter that has 10 bins in production... 

I do got quite a shock, when the clothier/moody dwarves did not accept any silk. I will test this with more materials, but I think my generic materials broke the clothier? No one noticed that, or was that just that one fortress?... I cant find a fault in the tokens in the raws, the silk ingame should be accepted in the clothier, but it is not. The custom "make set of silk clothing" does work. I have to test plant and animal yarn/threads as well... thats a real surprise to me, and I hope someone knows something about it. Because I sure dont. ^^

- Is it possible to implement a search function, to find exactly what you need? (one of the great advantages of the magmawiki!)

Even if godlysockpuppet says yes, the answer is no. Yes, you can add a search, but to have an intelligent search that actually works, I would need to add all kinds of tags everywhere. What is wrong with CTRL+F ? ^^

- You could show the building materials required for the new workshops. Would be nice in the list.
Yep, that will most likely be added. AFTER I update the building mats for the next version. Wanted to do a lot of balancing on the metal industry in that regard.

- Assuming the building-guide-images don't exist anymore, I'd like to see a list of the reactions and what materials they use, what they yield and the percentages. However, I like the idea of opening an image of a specific workshop and see it all listed there. These images are a great, great feature you had.
Well. That would be 104 guides. 1600 reactions. I honestly wont do this again. If someone wants to, as a wiki-like community effort, I can give all the support I can.

- I'm not sure about the growth time. Is the growth time considering the "harder farming" which is automatically turned on? Should be specified on top.
   - Growth time for tree farm plants not specified. How long does the steeloak need to grow? Etc.
the manual is of course for the default options. so you, the growth time if for harder farming. treefarming guide can be added.

Could link to a more specific "site" with detailed domestic information, while keeping the main list "compact". No need to add this information for other animals though, as they're less likely to be domesticated. Would be nice to have all the info, but for domestic will do I guess.
can be done.

A section dedicated to equipping dwarves. What kinds of armor can be combined? Can I wear multiple mail shirts underneath a plate? How would a fully outfitted armor look?
can be done. :)

What armor to equip to avoid having my dwarve's heads being severed off by goblin arrows? Those archers decapitated 3 (!) of my dwarves in steel armor in just one ambush.
Nothing. Neck armor is hard to come by in DF. ^^ I dont think I can influence this, maybe(?) with helm + max lbstep?

However, no information for those few +180 plant types. Oh well, I don't use them anyways at this time. And I don't expect you to list 180 more plants
Actually, there is a list. Check Settings, and then "more plants"... there is a link. I will add this somewhere more obvious, but it is there. All of them.

Good amount of typos, but doesn't really hinder readability. Lots of "the" become "they", letters swap place etc. Just a minor thing however.
I went over every page with spellcheck by now, and will proofread it as well.

One quick question, is it possible to add a continuous source of vapor to the ballista, which would continually emit "NO FEAR" gas to anything within the tiles of the ballista, so my siege engineers would be less useless? Would be great!
Thats impossible. But you can add no_fear to your dwarves by using the music stage.  "play the hymn of courage" Works for 1month.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Legorobo4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: December 30, 2012, 06:32:10 pm »

I can confirm that pressing a+n (make wooden Bin) in the carpenters workshop while it has 10 other (make wooden Bin) in job queue causes the game to crash... ???

I believe this maybe happening because the game is trying to pull up an 11th (make wooden Bin) in the job queue but as it can't use more than 10 it causes it to crash.
Plus I believe this is a vanilla bug.

Also good job on the manual meph ;)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: December 30, 2012, 07:42:24 pm »

I can confirm that pressing a+n (make wooden Bin) in the carpenters workshop while it has 10 other (make wooden Bin) in job queue causes the game to crash... ???

Pressing "a" should not even do anything, so that is odd.

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: December 30, 2012, 10:12:15 pm »

Umm, is this supposed to happen?

I embarked in a joyous/savage wilds area (both biomes were there), my dorfs got hit by a fog of boiling golden salve, and some gold dust snow.

Soon thereafter they were little miasma flares running around making each other unhappy and rotting from the inside out.

Welp.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: December 30, 2012, 10:32:39 pm »

Where do I find large gems? I can only seem to find the normal small ones. Does Flare have to go into the caverns and have a group of dwarves strangle some amethyst men a little for some jewels?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: December 30, 2012, 10:35:11 pm »

Where do I find large gems? I can only seem to find the normal small ones. Does Flare have to go into the caverns and have a group of dwarves strangle some amethyst men a little for some jewels?

Large gems are randomly made while cutting gems.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7919 on: December 30, 2012, 10:36:01 pm »

You cant find large gems... if your gemcutter is good enough, he will occasionally produce large gems, while cutting them. Same in vanilla, nothing I did change.

The golden salve/gold dust shouldnt cause horrible rotting death... They use actual gold, and the golden salve, from vanilla df, just as weather. Same materials... but I will check. I really have to see if I can do something about the rain-spam, with constant pauses and camera focus. Good regions should be easier. That will be a project for me as well.

A+N ? Ok... I'll try again.

Soooo much feedback. Feels like old times already ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 749