Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837316 times)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2b - MANUAL Test Version. 99% done.
« Reply #7920 on: December 30, 2012, 11:04:04 pm »

What's the secret of berserking? I seem to have stumbled upon it, and it seems quite good too. (Not to mention seemingly compatible with other stuff.)
Best of all is that part of it where everything that was friendly becomes hostile to you, but yet after the effect wears off - nobody puts blame on you. $$Cha-Ching$$

Edit: Uh, Meph: You might wanna want to delete game/errorlog.txt before making a release. I kind of caught a part of your succession fort in my gamelog. :P
..And I don't play Fortress mode. Hurp.

EditEdit: Oh dear, this character is a monster. I just picked up what seems like a lich slab.. Which weighs 436 units.. And my speed is still the usual 1290 Uruk (Ronin?) reside at.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:32:42 pm by Bloax »

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7921 on: December 30, 2012, 11:39:43 pm »

I usually do. The gamelog was still in there ? ^^

Currently doing random stuff... played a 2 year fortress as well. Lots of ideas for balancing. I also did this:

Reduced races to one metal each. This will allow better balancing of invasion, and trading.
Humans: Rose gold
Elves: Mithril
Drow: Bloodsteel
Warlocks: Ironbone
Goblins: Rusty Iron
Orcs: Rusty Steel
Automatons: Brass
Frost Giants: Wolfram
That should make elven and drow caravans guards a bit better, trading with them better, make goblins easier, orcs the same, warlocks easier, automatons same, frost giants slower, but stronger. Goblinite/Orcinite will also always require the "remove rust" refining step.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: December 30, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »

I dunno. I like having the multiple metal paths for dwarves, rather than only having the best possible option.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7923 on: December 30, 2012, 11:58:30 pm »

Wait, not for dwarves. ^^ Only for other races... It is difficult.. if I give the caravans shitty gear, then they die, and you get a ton of useless stuff... If I give them good gear, they survive a lot more often, and you can buy from a better selection of useful stuff. I will definately keep the rusty iron for goblins and rusty steel for orcs.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

rohit507

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: December 31, 2012, 12:00:10 am »

You cant find large gems... if your gemcutter is good enough, he will occasionally produce large gems, while cutting them. Same in vanilla, nothing I did change.

The golden salve/gold dust shouldnt cause horrible rotting death... They use actual gold, and the golden salve, from vanilla df, just as weather. Same materials... but I will check. I really have to see if I can do something about the rain-spam, with constant pauses and camera focus. Good regions should be easier. That will be a project for me as well.

A+N ? Ok... I'll try again.

Soooo much feedback. Feels like old times already ;)

I just checked the raws and in addition to raining gold and whatnot, it rains the nether creeper extract (in interaction_weather).

Also, it might not be possible, but I like the idea of good being easier except for the most savage good aligned areas. Mainly because it feels like savagery should trump alignment, so savage good would end up being about as hard as wilderness.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: December 31, 2012, 12:14:24 am »

Doesn't that kind of boot a bunch of materials out of the equation, like Orichalcum (though admittedly Taiga Orcs could have that) and Deep Bronze?

Also, if you're going to restrict humans to Rose Gold, then I'd really like it to be a good material. Because last I played with a rose gold longsword, well.. I kind of got whacked.
Unless of course it's a good material already, and I'm too much of a n00b around DF to find out myself.

Edit: Oh, and you should probably give elves Katanas instead of Jittes.. You know, for reasons..

EditEdit: Are Ancient Vampires supposed to melt to death*? Last I checked (or well, my friend initially did), Hellfire Imps do the same.
*They do in the object testing arena.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:44:26 am by Bloax »

oh_no

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: December 31, 2012, 01:25:45 am »

Hope I didn't overwhelm you with that whole list earlier^^

Rose Gold for humans? Isn't this supposed to be some for-decorations-only metal? If I did equip my dwarves with gold, they would die rather quickly and expensively. Not sure about rose gold though.

On another note, can there be done anything about the woodcrafters being useless? I mean, is it just my playstyle that causes that, or does everybody else grinds their teeth when he gets a master woodcrafter immigrant and, well, has to use him for hauling. Or as cannonfodder.

Also, on another note - does it serve any special reason that the timberyard requires a crapload of wood to build? I embarked in a treeless desert, with almost no coal. I didn't think about wasting embark points on wood, so I ended up with grown small trees but not enough wood to actually... get wood. I'd rather have it be more blocks or something like that? Just a minor complaint, when the dwarves come back I should have enough wood, as I ordered some.

Can't wait for the next version :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:28:07 am by Molay »
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: December 31, 2012, 01:31:34 am »

Yeah, I was saying that dwarves, being the masters of metals, should probably have access to all of these metals on their own, if not crates and crates of metal. Rusty Iron for Goblins makes plenty of sense, but Steel is generally fairly corrosion resistant, so a different name for Rusty steel may be preferable. Of course, I don't think it should have different stats- just that "Rusty Steel" dosen't have the same kinda ring to it, if you get what I mean. But it works, and isn't a real issue. Related: Why do Orcs have [TRAPAVOID]?

Is V.2B out yet?

Perhaps Bronze Collosi could also drop the masterwork statue, in addition to the supply of metals? Since bronze itself is fairly common. Perhaps 25 -Deep- Bronze bars instead?

* Wrex throws ideas at the wall to see what sticks.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: December 31, 2012, 02:01:35 am »

Well please PM me or respond to this. So my dwarfs seem to all be getting sick and throwing up this started after a migration wave came and a kid was throwing up. now everyone is it says that wards or the apothecary can help fix and cure diseases. but i dont see anything that is helping me. what else could cause this? i have not fought any megabeast or semi megabeast yet.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: December 31, 2012, 02:14:21 am »

One of them came with the vomiting disease. You would need to pasture a Vomit ward in your hospital to stave it off, but now it is no longer possible.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: December 31, 2012, 02:16:22 am »

Well please PM me or respond to this. So my dwarfs seem to all be getting sick and throwing up this started after a migration wave came and a kid was throwing up. now everyone is it says that wards or the apothecary can help fix and cure diseases. but i dont see anything that is helping me. what else could cause this? i have not fought any megabeast or semi megabeast yet.

Open dwarf therapist.
Sort by castes.
Find the "Sick Dwarve" caste.
Name sick dwarves so you can find them.
Define a burrow zone.
Send the sick dwarf to that burrow.
Seal off the burrow zone.
Let those unarmed goblins out of their cages, so they can have some fun for once.
BONUS: Make a glass wall around the burrow zone, and send all other dwarves to watch.
MEGABONUS: Equip him in mithril armor before letting the prisoners loose on him.
SUPERMEGABONUS: Find a way to use those now well trained goblins for your military, to defend the next wave of undead the tower sends.

Alternative:
- flood burrow zone with magma
- activate pike traps in burrow zone
- collapse the floor of said burrow zone
- set the burrow zone ablaze
- fill burrow zone with water. Make sure the bastard can't swim, first.
- other creative ways to dispose of the sick

A dwarves society will not prosper when the sick are present. Eliminate them with any means necessary and enjoyable for those spectating.
Even if it's just vomit, treat it as the downfall of my last fortress: FEVER. This sure avoids any further annoyance.
A feverish dwarf is not productive, nor in a good position to fight. Make sure it doesn't happen to you, too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:18:00 am by Molay »
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: December 31, 2012, 02:20:59 am »

I think i found them. They are green colored. but i dont see them in dwarf therapist.  well thank you for the ideas. im gonna trap them around glass and put a gem golem in with them.

Edit: i was wrong. the people seem to not be throwing up if i seperate them. This is annoying to find
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:26:36 am by moisesjns »

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: December 31, 2012, 02:53:03 am »

Has anyone experienced a bug of no sieges? Im using the latest version with a fresh generated scorching shiv and phobus pack. Im 6 years in and no sieges. I am getting ambushed by everything but frost giants. So far stealth kobolds, goblins, orcs, and automatons. Its just a bit annoying i never seem to be sieged but the second migrants or traders show up a ton of invisible automatons ambush and chew them to pieces.

I was also wondering are all invaders supposed to be trapavoid? The manuals suggest traps against automatons but seem to walk right over them. Ill have to start webbing the traps at this rate. I dont just use traps but i hate resorting to bridge spamming and like to build complex traps lines to cage or drop enemies 50z levels. Possibly in the manual state which creatures are trapavoid? Its a painful experiment when a orc ambush waltzes through the first line of defense when you figure big brutish orcs would set something off.

*edit.  Looked back over the manual.  It does seem that some races are said to be trapavoid.  Still a bit confusing that automatons say "good luck finding anything useful against them(except traps)".  Thank you so much for putting the manual back in.  I've only recently starting playing this mod and without the manual in the last version I was totally lost. *
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 10:15:20 am by kamikazi1231 »

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: December 31, 2012, 03:04:54 am »

SO seeing as there is no sick dwarves cast.  in Dwarf therapist. Is there another way to figure it out?  because i have like 90 people and i dont want to burrow each one seperatly.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: December 31, 2012, 03:31:39 am »

As a random change, could you remove Water Dragons? They seem awfully common in worldgen..  But they all drown afterwards. Because they live in the water and not in lairs.

oh_no
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 749