Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836240 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7320 on: October 28, 2012, 12:55:41 am »

So your saying the justice system is totally scewed to favor the rich and is totally corrupt, and only exists to keep the working dwarf in line? Sounds about right to me. Don't violate any noble mandates or production orders or you may find yourself at the business end of the hammer of justice.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: October 28, 2012, 01:42:29 pm »

I'm getting some very bizarre results from the "Make steel armor plate" job at the Magma Armory.

It's created zero armor plates so far, but a strange assortment of other steel objects as seen in the screenshot above.
Looks like the reaction is bugged like Putnam said but there's no need to waste steel forging armour plates, the plate armour created is the same material as the armour consumed to make it, not the plates. Ie copper armour plates+adamantine armour gives adamantine plate armour.

It's the opposite for bayonets, steel bayonets combined with a wooden crossbow give a steel crossbow.

@Halox
Your justice system will only sentence a dwarf if they fight or break stuff during a tantrum afaik. If you can see the crimes are being reported in the justice screen maybe make sure your sheriff isn't busy with other jobs so he can go beat them up.
@Melzer
Blast furnace has been removed.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: October 28, 2012, 01:46:56 pm »

crimes dont see to be reported for violence etc...

Just a quick note, this has nothing to do with this mod.  It is a new bug introduced at some point in the regular game.  Spish asked about this in a previous FOTF Q&A to this end:

Quote from: Spish
Will we ever be able to arrest tantruming dwarves again? Personally, I don't like seeing civilians go unpunished for crippling craftsdwarves and destroying furniture.

Are those crimes not reported by witnesses?  I don't remember where that is at.  The intention is not to decriminalize those acts, in any case.

I've seen a few posts on the forums about this, but didn't find a bug report, so I opened a new one:  Bug #6235.  Please add to it if it doesn't cover your own findings.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: October 29, 2012, 03:22:25 am »

Now I have been looking over the last few pages, going back a good distance. I may be just blind, but please prey tell...
What is up with the contents of the download MDF2(Alpha) and what is the difference between it and the 1.9.5 Download???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: October 29, 2012, 12:26:10 pm »

i have an interesting find... i loaded up the succession fort for masterwork and as it currently stands with 240 population i get like 110 fps!!.. somehow.. my fort on the other hand with around 200 population gets 50 fps. .i'm willing to upload my save if anyone wants to take a look at it i'm thinking that since alpha is newly recoded its more streamlined/optimized and performs better?  !!SCIENCE!!!! i'm using 1.9.5

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: October 29, 2012, 02:47:17 pm »

Now I have been looking over the last few pages, going back a good distance. I may be just blind, but please prey tell...
What is up with the contents of the download MDF2(Alpha) and what is the difference between it and the 1.9.5 Download???

MDF2 is uncompleted new version.

1.9.5 is old but 'finished'/mature

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: October 29, 2012, 10:05:55 pm »

How does attribute training work?

Do a dwarf's stats increase with each level earned in a skill, or is it based on the total number of job experience he has? For example, which dwarf gets higher attribute boosts - a dwarf who has Legendary +5 in one skill (29,000 exp, for 20 skill levels) or a dwarf who has Novice in 30 skills (15,000 exp, for 30 skill levels)?

And does a dwarf keep getting attribute boosts if he works at a job past Legendary +5?

Dwemeral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: October 29, 2012, 10:13:25 pm »

MDF2 has the terra cotta army and greenskins, I think Jutons have been taken out, and also interface isn't complete.

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: October 29, 2012, 10:32:27 pm »

I turned off the Secret !!Fun!! in the menu, but I'm still getting Carp God acolytes everywhere. Is this intended behavior?

Dwemeral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: October 29, 2012, 10:43:50 pm »

I turned off the Secret !!Fun!! in the menu, but I'm still getting Carp God acolytes everywhere. Is this intended behavior?
if you already gened a world turning it off won't work. you need to do it before hand.

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: October 29, 2012, 11:10:29 pm »

if you already gened a world turning it off won't work. you need to do it before hand.

I know, I genned a new world after I turned it off.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: October 30, 2012, 02:10:34 am »

Big: pressing ESC and saveing the game doesnt seem to work im only able load the seasonal autosaves

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: October 30, 2012, 06:32:26 am »

I'm trying to make bloodsteel bars at the Boneyard but the reaction is redded out for me.

It says I need "BLOOD Item", "Blood-Containing Barrel", "Ironbone Bars", "Ash", "Bonemeal" and Fuel.

I've got plenty of Barrels of Blood, Ironbone bars, Ash, Bonemeal and Fuel.  Which means I must be lacking "BLOOD Item".  What are those?

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: October 30, 2012, 07:43:07 am »

Big: pressing ESC and saveing the game doesnt seem to work im only able load the seasonal autosaves

I'm having the same issue. It's somewhat annoying to have to wait til the next season to be able to stop playing, especially when playing off a flash drive.

A couple other issues, too. I am unable to build the Great Bifrost Forge, or finish forging FrostBrand. I'm pretty sure I have enough Bifrost, but it's hard to tell because I can't seem to find it in the stocks screen.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:45:19 am by SaintWacko »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7334 on: October 30, 2012, 09:05:39 am »

I am still reading here, but I am very busy, planning for marocco. I will do test this save bug however, that would be an absolute gamebreaker.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 749