Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836174 times)

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7335 on: October 30, 2012, 09:48:07 am »

I noticed I suddenly had 1000s of steel bars. There must be a bug somewhere, but I haven't figured it out. Maybe I melted something that produced many more bars than it should have. Many of my magma smelters were cluttered, so it wasn't a single action that caused this. Has anyone else seen something like this?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: October 30, 2012, 10:46:26 am »

My countess just spent the entirety of the past in-game month storing items in bins and/or stockpiles instead of meeting with the liaison from the human traders.  This is the first time she's failed to conduct any meetings with the merchants / diplomats - what should I do to rectify this?

EDIT:  Okay, she's finally conducting her first meeting with the diplomat.  After one full month of shuffling from bin to stockpile and back. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:05:41 am by JosephWongKS »

nopeasants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: October 30, 2012, 11:13:43 am »

Does anyone know what raw file the turrets are in?
I want to change a few small things about them.
my last post was kinda' ignored so could someone PLEASE answer this one.

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: October 30, 2012, 11:42:16 am »

Does anyone know what raw file the turrets are in?
I want to change a few small things about them.
my last post was kinda' ignored so could someone PLEASE answer this one.

They are in creature_masterwork.txt.

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: October 30, 2012, 02:45:03 pm »

Is there a trick to making the Church of the Dark Depths? I'm staring straight at 10 bone blocks, but it still says it needs 10 bone blocks to make it.

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: October 31, 2012, 06:09:50 am »

i have info on the save bug - it actually does autosave every season however when you exit the game it saves into the season you actually launched with and somehow gets changed up latetr i know it sounds wierd but but i do is go through my saves and  load up like 3-4 til i find the right 'last' one.. hope this helped

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: October 31, 2012, 06:52:12 am »

I've noticed the same thing myself. If you open from an autosave, the game will keep saving to that same save, making the name incorrect. Each autosave is basically it's own alternate universe.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7342 on: October 31, 2012, 07:54:15 am »

Seriously guys ? You didnt knew that ?

If you load an autosave, all saves you make are saved into that folder. That is vanilla DF and has nothing to do with the mod. So if you load your spring 202 save, play summer and autumn 202, then save and exit, your most recent save will be in the spring 202 folder.

You guys gave me a really big scare, for absolutely no reason. ^^
/end of rant.

Needless to say, I couldnt reproduce any bug concerning saves...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: October 31, 2012, 07:56:06 am »

Another bug: when I grow and cut small trees, the 'logs' don't go into the wood stockpile. They just clutter up the workshop. I can use them for building walls though.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: October 31, 2012, 07:59:35 am »

Works fine for me, have you got wood hauling turned off? (o)->(w) I think.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7345 on: October 31, 2012, 09:31:14 am »

Which logs? Rough, Smooth ? Fungi, Nether, Fair ?

Anyway, 2 small things:

I am doing more work, added more stuff to the alpha. I will merge the modest mod with the FPS improving DF next though, so that update hopefully comes today.

And I booked a flight to Tunesia. I will be in Algeria, Libya and Tunesia from the 08.December till the 12.January, so please dont expect too much in those 5 weeks. Just saying that now.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SaintWacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: October 31, 2012, 09:49:14 am »

Seriously guys ? You didnt knew that ?

If you load an autosave, all saves you make are saved into that folder. That is vanilla DF and has nothing to do with the mod. So if you load your spring 202 save, play summer and autumn 202, then save and exit, your most recent save will be in the spring 202 folder.

You guys gave me a really big scare, for absolutely no reason. ^^
/end of rant.

Needless to say, I couldnt reproduce any bug concerning saves...

Wups, sorry for the scare. I don't usually work with multiple saves, so I didn't know it worked that way. Very good to know, though, it's somewhat annoying to only be able to stop playing at the end of a season.

Also, my dwarves seem to be using bone blocks when rock blocks are called for. Is this supposed to be happening, and could it be related to why my dwarves won't accept my bone blocks to use in building a Church of the Dark Depths?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:31:19 am by SaintWacko »

SmK_JaGuaR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: October 31, 2012, 06:52:57 pm »

Where is the blast furnace located?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Weaponry/Armory Poll
« Reply #7348 on: October 31, 2012, 07:11:15 pm »

>>> NEW DOWNLOAD 1.9.5 (Win) <<<

- Changed chemists brimstone reaction, brimstone was the "magma in bags" that arrived with caravans.
 - Removed NOSTUN from syndrome of mage transformation, no more endless sleep.
 - Legendary skill essence is now created into a container, no more 1000-stuff spam.
 - Bronze armorplates now aviable
 - Dwarves can no longer become crazed from reactions, since this will cause loyality cascades.
 - Plategreaves and spikegreaves have a higher layer permit, allowing clothing underneath.
 - Added the weapon balancing fixes done by wrex and smakemupagus. Thanks :)
 - Fixed golem hearts brought by traders.
 - Metallurgist now needs a copper bar instead of a bronze bar. Mixed that up previously.
 - Rest-oil from boiling leather in oil now is produces inside the container, not outside.
 - Added FROSTBRAND. A legendary weapon in the research lab. Try it out :)
 - Added The great bifrost forge for specific bifrost items
 - Added new library system. Essays, Books and Masterpieces. :)
 - Added new design for golem forge and temple of armok.
 - Bone blocks are now stockpiled.
 - Wicker blocks are now stockpiled.
 - Illithids removed completely.
- Blast Furnace removed.  HERE
 - Fishing nets now needs blocks (5) instead of boulders (5).
 - Added fishpond design, replaced fishfarm.
 - Added newest Dwarf Therapist (splinterz branch, v17).
 - Added direct reactions for siegeammo. 1 bar = 3 ballista bolts.

Notes: Just a few bugfixes and balancing here. There are also some tiny new features, the bifrost forge, the new library system and the unique artefact, the frostbrand. This one is in as a test, but very high tech, you need to kill some frost giants for it first. It should result in a weapon... with a description. :)

I also put ~65h of work into v.2, but the alpha is far from playable. ~25h went into the manual I guess. The 1.9.5 will be the last update, before the big overhaul. Please excuse me not testing the 1.9.5 version, I only did the raw changes and checked the errorlog. But the alpha I am working on is currently absolutely, 100% bug-free. :)

SmK_JaGuaR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: October 31, 2012, 07:29:37 pm »

:-[
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 749