Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836201 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7305 on: October 27, 2012, 09:50:27 am »

C:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\mods\masterwork\MDF2_GUI_Fix>"MasterworkDF Settings.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\mods\masterwork\MDF2_GUI_Fix\MasterworkDF Settin
gs.py", line 1, in ?
    from tkinter import *
ImportError: No module named tkinter

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: October 27, 2012, 09:57:51 am »

C:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\mods\masterwork\MDF2_GUI_Fix>"MasterworkDF Settings.py"
gs.py", line 1, in ?
    from tkinter import *
That means you don't have tkinter python module installed so you can't use the GUI included in the current alpha archive.
It should be installed with a standard python install so unless you are on a Mac (which I hear does not have tkinter) you have a non-standard python install.
The GUI in future versions uses PyQT but should be a executable so you won't need to install anything to use it.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: October 27, 2012, 10:33:34 am »

I installed from
http://www.python.org/getit/
this version
Python 3.3.0 Windows X86-64 MSI Installer

I may have older versions installed, I don't know if I'm supposed to uninstall (I have some versions installed for different apps (such as xamp)

I don't mean to criticize python, but... there should be a readme, or a self-contained python setup (which I'm glad to hear future versions will have), because the old version I think only required .net

Update:
C:\Python27>pythonw

C:\Python27>pythonw "c:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\mods\masterwork\MDF2_GUI_Fix\Master
workDF Settings.py"

C:\Python27>python "c:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\mods\masterwork\MDF2_GUI_Fix\Masterw
orkDF Settings.py"
  File "c:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\mods\masterwork\MDF2_GUI_Fix\MasterworkDF Settin
gs.py", line 1, in <module>
    from tkinter import *

C:\Python27>cd..

C:\>cd Python33

C:\Python33>python "c:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\mods\masterwork\MDF2_GUI_Fix\Masterw
orkDF Settings.py"
gs.py", line 13, in <module>
    for file in os.listdir(dir1):
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] The system cannot find the path specified: 'Mast
erworkDwarfFortress/raw/objects/*.*'

C:\Python33>

If you guys could be so kind as to inform me what version I should be running so I can see what the alpha looks like, I'd be in your debt.

I'm seeing all sorts of suggestions
http://wiki.python.org/moin/TkInter

Step 2 - can Tkinter be imported?

Try the correct command for your version at the Python prompt:

>>> import Tkinter # no underscore, uppercase 'T' for versions prior to V3.0

>>> import tkinter # no underscore, lowercase 't' for V3.0 and later

If it works, go to step 3.
    If it fails with "No module named Tkinter", your Python configuration need to be changed to include the directory that contains Tkinter.py in its default module search path. You have probably forgotten to define TKPATH in the Modules/Setup file. A temporary workaround would be to find that directory and add it to your PYTHONPATH environment variable. It is the subdirectory named "lib-tk" of the Python library directory (when using Python 1.4 or before, it is named "tkinter").

Step 3 - does Tkinter work?

Try the correct command for your Python version at the Python prompt:

>>> Tkinter._test() # note underscore in _test and uppercase 'T' for versions prior to V3.0

which worked, but still doesn't let me run masterwork, unless I can figure out how to run it inside a python shell.

I read in a readme (python22 readme?) to set a $PYTHONPATH to \Lib\lib-tk\

which I'm still working on.

yeah, so an executable based on .net would have been x10 easier.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:09:15 am by thistleknot »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: October 27, 2012, 11:04:19 am »

I installed from
http://www.python.org/getit/
this version
Python 3.3.0 Windows X86-64 MSI Installer

I may have older versions installed, I don't know if I'm supposed to uninstall (I have some versions installed for different apps (such as xamp)

I don't mean to criticize python, but... there should be a readme, or a self-contained python setup (which I'm glad to hear future versions will have), because the old version I think only required .net
I am using Python 3.2.3 on my Windows Machine.
If you installed multiple versions of python3 in the same location you likely have broken your python install.
If you have them installed in different locations you may not actually be running it with the version you think you are.
You can use the full path to the Python3 executable to launch the script from the command line like this
Code: [Select]
C:\Python32\python.exe filename.py
to run a program with a specific version of Python.

You can download a Windows or Linux executable of the current version of the GUI here if you want to try it.

Meph included the GUI code with the alpha because he wanted to get it out there but it was not really ready to be used.
That is why there is no readme yet.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: October 27, 2012, 11:12:49 am »

thanks for the executable

but running it with the full prompt didn't work (that's what I tried to do using python33 or python27 dir's, but I typed in the full path n e ways)
ex
F:\Python22>f:\Python22\python.exe "c:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\mods\masterwork\MDF2
_GUI_Fix\MasterworkDF Settings.py"
gs.py", line 1, in ?
    from tkinter import *
  I did not install them to the same location.

well, some people do have different versions of python installed because as stated on stackoverflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8025188/importerror-no-module-named-tkinter-running-python-with-notepads-nppexec

we have different versions installed due to apps that are built on certain versions of python...

in that persons example, lilypad

mine might be qtcreator, or some other random development tool I have that required some odd specific version.

Update:

Yeah, I give up on that
apparently my tkinter is working (see the Tkinter._test() command, it does work and brings up a gui), but the .py file still won't run
>>> execfile ("C:\Games\Dwarf Fortress\mods\masterwork\MDF2_GUI_Fix\MasterworkDF
 Settings.py")
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
gs.py", line 1, in ?
    from tkinter import *
>>> Tkinter._test()
>>>
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:19:51 am by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: October 27, 2012, 11:45:09 am »

I uninstalled all my pythons from appwiz.cpl

rebooted

loaded 3.3

works.

although, I thought the executable file looked neater

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: October 27, 2012, 11:48:27 am »

I'm getting some very bizarre results from the "Make steel armor plate" job at the Magma Armory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's created zero armor plates so far, but a strange assortment of other steel objects as seen in the screenshot above.

The reaction was made wrong. It's creating random tools instead of the "plate of armor" tool it should be making.

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: October 27, 2012, 11:59:45 am »

is the alpha version fully playable like the 1.9.5? or is it still missing some things hence .. "alpha"

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: October 27, 2012, 12:03:30 pm »

I uninstalled all my pythons from appwiz.cpl

rebooted

loaded 3.3

works.

although, I thought the executable file looked neater
I would guess that either one of your python installs was broken and was causing problems or that some change in Python3.3 causes it to act differently when installed alongside earlier versions of python.
The most likely changes are the new python launcher for windows and the change to using importlib as the as the implementation of import.
Sigtext

Dwemeral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: October 27, 2012, 12:18:41 pm »

for the mdf2 alpha can you still disable invasions and plugins? And for some reason(1.9.5) I can't pull up dwarf therapist anymore.  It just shows a console screen and fades out.
^???

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: October 27, 2012, 12:31:32 pm »

for the mdf2 alpha can you still disable invasions and plugins? And for some reason(1.9.5) I can't pull up dwarf therapist anymore.  It just shows a console screen and fades out.
^???

You can disable invasions with the d_init.txt (IIRC, it's either that or init.txt) file under data/init.

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: October 27, 2012, 12:40:00 pm »

Wherez da blast frunace! I can't seem to find it anywhere, I remember in previous forts I had it, but now i can't find it. I looked everywhere (workshops and furnaces) but I can't find it. Thx for help.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: October 27, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »

is the alpha version fully playable like the 1.9.5? or is it still missing some things hence .. "alpha"

We are already several years into a test succession fort based on the alpha raws. Although unfinished, nothing truly game breaking has been discovered yet. The gui is very rough around the edges, but not actually necessary to play the game. Alpha means, "expect things to go wrong, and don't get mad at us when they do, cuz it's not done yet" Any _serious_ dwarven mega projects should be built with 1.9.5 Although, we would love it if you tried to build a huge mega dwarven project in the alpha, and when things go wrong (be cause they will) come back here and tell us about it so we can fix it!

The things I'm waiting on before I release the next GUI version are, 1) auto-update code I'm working on in my free time to be finished, 2) the back end code that arclance and roses are working on is finished, and tied into the new-classic/full gui.  arclance has been releasing updates in the team speak forum as he works on the back end that include just the new-advanced/mini gui

It is being worked on separate but in parallel with mephs raw updates, which he hasn't release since the alpha release that included and older version of the new-advanced/mini gui.

Sorry if updates are slow, but we are volunteers doing this for free in our free time, & also we are trying to do quality work and not rush things.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: October 27, 2012, 04:24:13 pm »

^???
Therapist is maintained separately from Masterwork. If the version contained inside masterwork breaks your best bet is to head over to the Therapist thread and download the latest update from 'splinterz' branch.

halox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: October 27, 2012, 11:39:03 pm »

slow updates are not a problem i was just wondering what the current 'proving ground' masterwork build was - this mod is totally amazing, on another note - have you guys noticed justice system is not working properly or is this intended? crimes dont see to be reported for violence etc, only death/violoation of production orders i think i remember before if a dorf through a hissy fit my captitano would smack him around and throw him in jail
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 749