Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836192 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6825 on: September 13, 2012, 03:02:45 pm »

I started a new embark with this mod; as far as Im aware the options "advanced metalworking", "metalworking", "harder smelting" and "harder smithing" were NOT on.

I came across some hematite, and started smelting it, and was getting "coarse iron bars". However, I don't have the ability to make a crucible to further improve those bars (into iron). I tried  exiting the game, and turning on various options, and it still isn't giving me the ability to make a crucible. Did I break something, or am I missing a step somewhere? Halp!

That's your problem.  They need to be on.  The crucible utilizes "advanced metalworking" and "metalworking" options.  It's a newer workshop that isn't apart of standard df.

I know that >.> With those options off, I wouldn't think I'd get stuck with coarse iron bars, which is where the problem lay.
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

thunderbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: September 13, 2012, 03:15:04 pm »

Is anyone else just waiting for Version 2.0 before even playing the mod? Personally, I'd hate to start something big and have to end the fort.

Socrates27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: September 13, 2012, 08:40:39 pm »

I started a new embark with this mod; as far as Im aware the options "advanced metalworking", "metalworking", "harder smelting" and "harder smithing" were NOT on.

I came across some hematite, and started smelting it, and was getting "coarse iron bars". However, I don't have the ability to make a crucible to further improve those bars (into iron). I tried  exiting the game, and turning on various options, and it still isn't giving me the ability to make a crucible. Did I break something, or am I missing a step somewhere? Halp!

That's your problem.  They need to be on.  The crucible utilizes "advanced metalworking" and "metalworking" options.  It's a newer workshop that isn't apart of standard df.

I know that >.> With those options off, I wouldn't think I'd get stuck with coarse iron bars, which is where the problem lay.

Okay, if you really want your fortress then here's what to do.

Go to C:\(Wherever df is installed)\Dwarf Fortress\data\save\region#\raw\objects

For example my path is: C:\DF\Dwarf Fortress\data\save\region4\raw\objects

The region# is your current save.

• We're going to scroll down to reaction_masterwork.txt.  Open the file.
  • Click anyone on the file.  Then press Ctrl key and F key at same time.
  • Type "smelter" and press enter until it selects "NEW SMELTER REACTIONS"
  • Highlight and delete (or make a backup copy) the following code underneath NEW SMELTER REACTIONS:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:COLD_ANVIL]
[NAME:form metal anvil]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:750:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ANVIL:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:DUST][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

[REACTION:CHARCOAL3_BURNING]
[NAME:burn scrapwood to charcoal]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_D]
[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:SCRAPWOOD:WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SMOKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:WOOD_BURNING]

[REACTION:PEAT_TO_COKE]
[NAME:make coke from peat]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:PEAT]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]
[PRODUCT:75:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]
[PRODUCT:25:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]
[FUEL]
!NOSMELTING!PRODUCT:1:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:VIOLENT_REACTION]!NOSMELTING!PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

[REACTION:ANTHRACITE_TO_COKE]
[NAME:make coke from anthracite]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ANTHRACITE]
[PRODUCT:100:12:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
!NOSMELTING!PRODUCT:1:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:VIOLENT_REACTION]!NOSMELTING!PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
  • Then replace it with:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:COLD_ANVIL]
[NAME:coarse iron bars to iron bars :)]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:PURE_IRON]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
   YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:DUST][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]

[REACTION:CHARCOAL3_BURNING]
[NAME:rusty iron bars to coarse iron bars]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_D]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:RUSTY_IRON]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:PURE_IRON]
[FUEL]

[REACTION:PEAT_TO_COKE]
[NAME:make coke from peat]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:PEAT]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]
[PRODUCT:75:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]
[PRODUCT:25:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]
[FUEL]

[REACTION:ANTHRACITE_TO_COKE]
[NAME:make coke from anthracite]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ANTHRACITE]
[PRODUCT:100:12:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]

Close any open instances of dwarf fortress and save the file.

Re-open dwarf fortress and open up the save.  You should now have the option to use coarse iron and rusty iron and turn them into iron / coarse iron.  Of course, you'll have the two previous options replaced (creating a rock anvil and making charcoal from scrap wood), let me know if this works, since you may have certain additional options disabled.  If you want me to replace to other options other than rock anvil or charcoal let me know and I'll change it for you.  As of right now, I'm not sure how to add additional reactions once a world has been created.
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:59:36 pm by Socrates27 »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6828 on: September 14, 2012, 06:21:00 am »

just got back home and can now see about playing some df!!

but what happened to the blast furnace?? why is it gone? how exactly can i go about putting it back? considering how much metal is needed for everything nowadays, doesn't it make sense to keep it?

and from reading the previous posts, it looks like we have to do a couple of fixes:

- change the lifemancer YESMAGIC[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK] to YESMAGIC[CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING], to make sure the lifemancers use their powers appropriately

- Go to data/sava/raw/objects, find Building_magic.txt, find the church of the dark depths, find this ANY_BONE_MATERIAL next to the blocks, and delete it. (to make the church of the dark depths buildable)

another thing that's always felt weird is that marble only has a value of 1! shouldn't it have a value of 2, like the other fluxes - limestone etc?? i always change it for myself but this seems a bit weird, no?

and why are the orcs, goblins, and kobolds being unified into one race? i like having multiple kinds of greenskin - they're familiar yet different enough to present different levels of challenge. what was the problem that this was trying to solve, exactly?

finally, given that i seem to have tons of traders stacking up at my trading post, does it make sense to build multiple trading posts - say, 4? that would be one for every friendly civilization, and might prevent the caravan stacking and traffic jams that might otherwise occur. does anyone do this already? does it work?

that's all for now - am going to tweak some raws and try to figure this stuff out! cheers -
    i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • worldbicyclist
    « Reply #6829 on: September 14, 2012, 09:50:18 am »

I AM ALIVE!

Seriously, the first two days I didnt even have water or electricity here, and now, finally, after 10 days, my internet arrived. Still have to wait 2 weeks till my gas is turned on again. Sorry for the wait.

Now, I do have an Alpha lying here, but it is hilariously unfinished. I really couldnt find any time at all for DF, and my absolute priority right know is A: Preparing my trip to North-Africa, and B: Designing my new website and finding sponsorship. I wont abandon DF, so no worries, but I cant give it as much time as I wanted to in the first place. I will prepare an upload for tomorrow, ~24h from now you have the alpha version to play around with. It will include the custom dfhack for the "Magic", the python GUI (either the version I have atm, or a better one from Roses/Arclance/Zenerbufen, if they can manage to send me one), the html-manual which is about 75% done (mostly missing are building guides and/or info about not-yet-existing features) and the mod itself. I have 90% of the buildings and reactions done, 50% of the races, most simple stuff, tools, items, designes, inorganics, bodys, plants, trees... I am currently importing more creatures and see that I can kick out the unbalanced ones, and restrict the ones I use to better fitting biomes.

I also played a short test fortress (nice to play on a big screen, with constant 150fps) and already noted, that automatons still arrive without weapons... apart from that most things seem to work flawlessly.

Again, I am back, the mod is not dead, but it will take longer then anticipated. What I can offer is this: Delegation. If people are willing to help, someone can design on of the races, another person the weather, another one this and that, while I concentrate on the difficult things, like hidden cults and diseases and all those fancy interactions and exploding ammo ;) and the community here can really add to the rest. This is only an offer, but I know that there are many people here who want to help, or write for this mod. I even got a message about a "human race plugin" and oliveroski was working on a "lizard race plugin" :)
    ::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
    ::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
    ::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

oliverosky95

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6830 on: September 14, 2012, 10:06:04 am »

Oliverosky for you ;)

and yeah i am still working on it (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6870)
    but i need ideas for buildings . Feel free to suggest :p

arclance

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6831 on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:03 am »

@ Meph
    The new GUI is not ready.
    We hit a snag when Zenerbufen broke his Python install.
    I will update you on the progress though.
    The font embedding works but is not finished and the colors have been hardcoded.
    I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
    The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
    Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • worldbicyclist
    « Reply #6832 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:15 am »

Sorry, Oliversky, with a Y.

Buildings:
    Snakepit = spawns friendly snakes
    Nagashrine = Transformations into priests/mages
    Sun-something = speed bonus, because lizards needs external heat sources
    Something-forge = makes batches of cheap militia gear that you consider to be on-topic for lizards. Like mailshirt, buckler, spear (thinkin Argonian style for example)
    Scalecrafter = make a drake-copy call it "giant domestic lizard something", have your lizard keep them like cattle, maybe different version, and have them shear them for scales. These can be tanned in the tanner to scalemail, you lizard-version of leather. Used for your leather armor. Possibly with upgrades, like bronze/iron/steel/etc-coated scalemail. 5 scalemail + 1 bar = 5 pieces of upgraded scalemail. Anyway, the current drake can already be sheared for scales, just check its raws.

I could keep going like this, but I dont know what kind of lizard men you are trying to do, Warhammer, DnD, ElderScrolls, all of them, none of them, your own style... there is a lot to choose from ;)

@arclance: Is noted. I will include the current version, just so that people can try it out. Do I see it correctly, that I have to provide a download for python as well, or can it be compiled into a self-executable ? I would really hate to force people to install a special program to run it, the .exe I had was much nicer from my point of view (but win only)

Oh, and maybe they should be amphibious and immune to poison, and have a "inject_saliva" when they bite, with some kind of weak syndrome. And castes based on RL reptiles, "fire salamander", immune to fire, things like that...
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:44:30 am by Meph »
    ::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
    ::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6833 on: September 14, 2012, 10:27:40 am »

@arclance: Is noted. I will include the current version, just so that people can try it out. Do I see it correctly, that I have to provide a download for python as well, or can it be compiled into a self-executable ? I would really hate to force people to install a special program to run it, the .exe I had was much nicer from my point of view (but win only)
    We are going to try to compile it into a executable.
    Python might be required if you want to test the first alpha version depending on how hard that is to do.
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:00:01 pm by arclance »
    I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
    The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
    Sigtext

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6834 on: September 14, 2012, 11:56:34 am »

Welcome back Meph!
    Count on me for bug-testing and feedback for the alpha, I'll try it as soon as it is out!

Anyway, guys, I'll be working on a human plugin so if anybody has suggestions, feel free to ask (but meh, don't spam the topic, it's Meph's).
    Oh and Meph, where will you go in North Africa?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • worldbicyclist
    « Reply #6835 on: September 14, 2012, 12:08:00 pm »

Dont spam the topic about about mod-related plugin, but ask me about RL ? :P Tunesia, Libya, Algeria, Marocco. Or Island/Greenland, havent decided yet which tour I do in the winter. Obviously there is a small difference between those.

Ah, good to know that it is possible to be an executable, I wasnt sure. I just offer a downloadlink to python for now, should be enough.

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6836 on: September 14, 2012, 12:22:01 pm »

Meh, sorry, I'm not that good at english, in fact I meant that if people really want to participate, I'll create a thread (and I asked about RL because I live in Tunisia, so, yep :D ).  :)

Oh, I've got a very important question: have you already regrouped greenskins or not? This is giving me ideas, and I don't want my plugin not to be like the rest of the mod.
    I think I'll resume work tomorrow with the alpha.
    The other (and last question) is: are the reactions for humans hardcoded? In fact, I think that a different steel industry (yes, I want steel for humans, but a lesser steel that dwarves', as
    they aren't as good smiths as them) would suit humans better.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
      • worldbicyclist
    « Reply #6837 on: September 14, 2012, 12:30:55 pm »

Some stuff is harcoded, other is not... steel, you can change, or give them other, human-steel. thats no problem. Any I havent done the greenskins yet, goblins are still goblins. Oh, and maybe I can visit you if I happen to come by Tunis ;) My answer was sarcasm btw, dont take me seriously ;)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
    • [CANOPENDOORS]
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6838 on: September 14, 2012, 12:59:51 pm »

Hi Meph, welcome back! 
    happy to help if you want to delegate me something.

lap101

• Escaped Lunatic
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6839 on: September 14, 2012, 01:30:24 pm »

It says I've struck hidden case and collapsed brick wall. Whats this?
    Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 749