Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836211 times)

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6810 on: September 12, 2012, 11:36:40 am »

I'm not sure if what I had happen is directly related to this mod or not...

But what exactly is a 'Necromancer in Disguise'? One of my dwarfs all of a sudden revealed himself as a Necro in my dining hall. It didn't end so well for him as a bow carrying ranger and a legendary axedwarf were right beside him. What was odd it that earlier one of my dwarfs was 'studying' the refuse pile, unfortunately i'm not sure if it was this dwarf. 

Checking the therapist before I refreshed it again says this about him.

"A short sturdy creature fond of drink and corpses"!

Yikes, I may have to arrange an accident if I see that again.

Kraggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: September 12, 2012, 12:17:00 pm »

Hi! excuse me guys, but Blast Furnace donīt appears in my furnaces list, maybe I need a blueprint? thereīs nothing in the instructions readme.
Thanks!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: September 12, 2012, 12:39:00 pm »

@pixl97:  Sounds like you pretty much figured it out :) There are various sleeper agents and sabateours who can undermine your fortress, this one got unlucky.  If you had caught him earlier by seeing the logs, indeed, you arrange an accident.

@kraggh:  Blast furnace has been removed recently; it's true the documentation is currently out of date, Meph is putting a lot of effort into a manual for an upcoming new version.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: September 13, 2012, 12:31:32 am »

There is no updated info on the mod because it will be outdated in the next ~2 weeks. Meph will release MDF 2.0 WITH an extensive manual.

oh... is he back in Germany?  Or enroute?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: September 13, 2012, 01:35:44 am »

How does one get the fortress defense reactor?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: September 13, 2012, 01:58:53 am »

it's not a real building, just a technical trick to control what metals the Fortress defense races have access to

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: September 13, 2012, 03:30:08 am »

Does anybody know where Meph is? We are kind of waiting for him with the succession fort.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: September 13, 2012, 09:17:21 am »

Does anybody know where Meph is? We are kind of waiting for him with the succession fort.

Let's hope Hairmen, Beermen or crazy Automatons didn't get him on the road.

Socrates27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: September 13, 2012, 11:42:44 am »

We're going to be updating / creating a wiki for Masterwork, we're planning on waiting till the next major release to begin.  Let us know if you're willing to consolidate forces to battle the siege of ignorance :P

http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/zmhsw/how_many_here_play_the_masterwork_mod/c65yk21

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: September 13, 2012, 12:34:22 pm »

Heyos!

I've run into what might be a problem (or might not, and I'm just missing something!)

I started a new embark with this mod; as far as Im aware the options "advanced metalworking", "metalworking", "harder smelting" and "harder smithing" were NOT on.

I came across some hematite, and started smelting it, and was getting "coarse iron bars". However, I don't have the ability to make a crucible to further improve those bars (into iron). I tried  exiting the game, and turning on various options, and it still isn't giving me the ability to make a crucible. Did I break something, or am I missing a step somewhere? Halp!

What can I do? I'd really rather not loose this embark... despite having 5 of my dwarves die in the first 3 minutes of the game (no lie!) things are going pretty well; I received some top-notch migrants, heh.
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: September 13, 2012, 12:47:30 pm »

Heyos!

I've run into what might be a problem (or might not, and I'm just missing something!)

I started a new embark with this mod; as far as Im aware the options "advanced metalworking", "metalworking", "harder smelting" and "harder smithing" were NOT on.

I came across some hematite, and started smelting it, and was getting "coarse iron bars". However, I don't have the ability to make a crucible to further improve those bars (into iron). I tried  exiting the game, and turning on various options, and it still isn't giving me the ability to make a crucible. Did I break something, or am I missing a step somewhere? Halp!

What can I do? I'd really rather not loose this embark... despite having 5 of my dwarves die in the first 3 minutes of the game (no lie!) things are going pretty well; I received some top-notch migrants, heh.
You need to have at least 3 metal bars to construct a Crucible. If you do have 3 Metal bars, try putting up a stockpile near where you are planning to put the Crucible that contains metal bars.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: September 13, 2012, 12:48:57 pm »

Crucible doesn't even appear on my Furnace (or Workshop for that matter) list, at all. Also, Ive got around 40 coarse iron bars, and the stockpile is right beside where I had planned to make the crucible.
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: September 13, 2012, 02:17:58 pm »

Crucible doesn't even appear on my Furnace (or Workshop for that matter) list, at all. Also, Ive got around 40 coarse iron bars, and the stockpile is right beside where I had planned to make the crucible.
I'm not sure what is wrong...Try re-installing Masterwork and keeping similar options to see if you can reproduce it.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: September 13, 2012, 02:52:48 pm »

My first guess was that maybe you disabled it from the options in the laucher, but that should not be possible. Try another embark, and if the problem stays, my best guess would be a clean install.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Socrates27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: September 13, 2012, 02:56:36 pm »

That's your problem.  They need to be on.  The crucible utilizes "advanced metalworking" and "metalworking" options.  It's a newer workshop that isn't apart of standard df.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:18:36 pm by Socrates27 »
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 749