Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836206 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6840 on: September 14, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »

It says I've struck hidden case and collapsed brick wall. Whats this?

It's stuff for the Archaeologist. The low drop rate makes it a bit suckish though.

You know, for low tech races, maybe they could have a glass forge. This building would take sand, and produce glass weaponry- Sharp, but worse than metal.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: September 14, 2012, 02:32:45 pm »

@ Meph
I tried making a Windows executable to see if I some things I wanted to try would work in a executable.
I think I have a working Windows executable, you can download it here if you want to try it out.
Extract the archive and run "masterwork-launcher_arc_test.exe" to try it out.

It is a 32bit executable I don't think we need a 64bit one for Windows.
I think You need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package to use it.
I am not sure if it is legal to include the parts of it that python uses in the executable.

@ zenerbufen
This is the cx_freeze build script I used.
Code: [Select]
import sys
from cx_Freeze import setup, Executable

# Dependencies are automatically detected, but it might need fine tuning.
build_exe_options = {"excludes": ["PyQt4.uic.port_v2"]}

# GUI applications require a different base on Windows (the default is for a
# console application).
base = None
if sys.platform == "win32":
    base = "Win32GUI"

setup(  name = "Masterwork DF GUI",
        version = "0.1",
        description = "Masterwork DF GUI",
        options = {"build_exe": build_exe_options},
        executables = [Executable("masterwork-launcher_arc_test.py", base=base)])
It still needs some work.
It does not copy "lib/mainframe.ui", "lib/resources_rc.py", and whatever fonts are used to the executable folder yet and it needs to.
I have it setup so you can change "mainframe.ui" and "resources_rc.py" after compiling the executable.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:21:03 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: September 14, 2012, 03:08:14 pm »

Hello Meph ! I have a little question : will you add the Mike Mayday graphic pack in the next updates ?

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: September 14, 2012, 11:01:27 pm »

When melting melting volcanic weapons and armor I receive volcanic bars (actually I've not tried this in 1.9.5 yet, but it was this way in 1.9.3), will these volcanic bars be used to make new volcanic items?

In 1.9.5 I'm also seeing that when frost giants are killed I get a bifrost bar, but it's being stored in finished goods rather then bar stockpiles.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: September 15, 2012, 01:26:56 am »

I AM ALIVE!

I will prepare an upload for tomorrow, ~24h from now you have the alpha version to play around with. It will include ... the python GUI (either the version I have atm,..
Good to hear you are ok! You had us worried for a bit.

You already have a working GUI? great! looks like our work here is done, bye~

@arclance/meph regarding ui:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:48:04 am by zenerbufen »

Socrates27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: September 15, 2012, 01:27:39 am »

It might be easier just to use Python2.7 with PythonWin IDE and py2exe.  However, your exe seems fine.  Great GUI design, just needs functional buttons and a menu.

#Filename: Setup.py
#Usage: Terminal:> python Setup.py py2exe
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(windows=['masterwork.py'])

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: September 15, 2012, 01:45:58 am »

It might be easier just to use Python2.7 with PythonWin IDE and py2exe.  However, your exe seems fine.  Great GUI design, just needs functional buttons and a menu.

import py2exe

py2exe doesn't support linux/mac, but we might end up using it for windows if cx_freeze doesn't meet our needs.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: September 15, 2012, 01:48:53 am »

@ zenerbufen
There was a leftover piece from python2.7 in the Windows PyQt4 that I had to tell cx_freeze to ignore but it was not part of the Linux package I am using.
There might be a compile option to not build the python2.7 stuff, that would be the first thing I would check for.

I have cx_freeze working on Windows, you do need the redistributable I mentioned before. I tested that on another computer.

It's not working on Linux so much though.
./masterwork-launcher_arc_test
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/dist-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console3.py", line 27, in <module>
  File "masterwork-launcher_arc_test.py", line 39, in <module>
  File "ExtensionLoader_PyQt4_QtGui.py", line 11, in <module>
ImportError: /media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/mods/Masterwork_GUI/0_Encoding_Problem/Masterwork Dwarf Fortress dev2/Windows_Executable_Test/build/exe.linux-i686-3.2/PyQt4.QtGui.so: undefined symbol: _ZN10QTableView13doItemsLayoutEv
I am not sure if this is because I was testing a 32bit executable in a 64bit OS yet.
I will look into that tomorrow.

@ Socrates27
Some of the backend of the GUI is already written in Python3 so Python2.7 is a no go.
Why would it need a menu though?  (I assume you mean the "File Edit Ect." menu)
I removed it when I was testing things since it did not have any entries in it and it was sitting on top of other parts of the GUI.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:51:54 am by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: September 15, 2012, 02:01:00 am »

@arclance I had a piece from an old install left over from a failed install attempt that I thought had been cleaned up, which is not surprising considering how many times/ways I installed the darn thing. Then when I re-installed from source it was putting things in a place not in my path since I re-installed python3 using an alternate method to isolate it from the rest of my system. I missed one of the python site-package 'bin' directories, so the good pyuic4 wasn't getting picked up, but the pieces from old aborted install where.  As far as I can tell everything is A-OK now :)

Socrates27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: September 15, 2012, 02:08:26 am »

import py2exe

py2exe doesn't support linux/mac, but we might end up using it for windows if cx_freeze doesn't meet our needs.

Hence the suggestion :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6850 on: September 15, 2012, 09:36:08 am »

Playing a little test game right now. Archeology is now included, 30 different reactions. A lot more powerful then before, but I will await your feedback about it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: September 15, 2012, 10:21:27 am »

is it safe to say that you cant edit the raws to allow dwarf to put on more armor? like increase the amount of equipment they can hold?  if not what are leather padded shirts for? i cant put them on under mail or breastplate.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: September 15, 2012, 10:42:56 am »

is it safe to say that you cant edit the raws to allow dwarf to put on more armor? like increase the amount of equipment they can hold?  if not what are leather padded shirts for? i cant put them on under mail or breastplate.
Yes you can, check out here: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Armor#Layers  for some  info on how armor works. You can tweak the layer,size etc in the raws as you wish. I think that leather armor would occupy the same slot as mail/breastplate unless you change it.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: September 15, 2012, 11:50:55 am »

Okay after sleeping on it I figured out what was wrong with the Linux executable.
ImportError: /media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/mods/Masterwork_GUI/0_Encoding_Problem/Masterwork Dwarf Fortress dev2/Windows_Executable_Test/build/exe.linux-i686-3.2/PyQt4.QtGui.so: undefined symbol: _ZN10QTableView13doItemsLayoutEv
It turned out that cx_freeze was not pulling in the QT libraries automatically like it did in Windows.

After adding those myself I think I have a working Linux executable for the GUI.
It can be download here if you want to test it
I tested it on a 64bit and 32bit Debian install and a old 32bit Ubuntu install and it worked.
It does need to be run on a non Debian based distro to make sure I got all the libraries it needs.
I got my old Fedora 14 install to work so I tested it on that, it does need one more things to work on it.
I will work on getting those included as well.
Here is the updated Linux executable.
If you test it please let me know if you have any problems with it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:37:53 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: September 15, 2012, 02:50:01 pm »

ick, out of curiosity, is there any way to get those .so's to be kept in the 'lib' directory? that is what it's there for after all...
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 749