Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836454 times)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Html-Manual#2 (beta)
« Reply #6255 on: August 13, 2012, 06:25:36 pm »

*raises paw* deffinately a fur race ftw =(^.-.^)=
woo- each caste can be a different species,

@ kizucha: however i don't think my personal fursona would be too good in dwarf fortress much less playable =(^.-.^)= and im only part feline, other part dragon.. two of which Meph specfically said "no" too .. =(>.-.<)= so mean !

This is a Dwarven Chainmail Bikini , all Craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality... it is Studded with Yellow poka dots. and barely covers anything on the body!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:27:33 pm by Fairin »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: August 13, 2012, 07:00:52 pm »

This is a Dwarven Chainmail Bikini , all Craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality... it is Studded with Yellow poka dots. and barely covers anything on the body!

It gives AC +10.

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: August 14, 2012, 01:15:26 am »

It gives AC +10.

Interestingly enough, using old D&D rules, this would be accurate.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: August 14, 2012, 01:22:05 am »

As I pointed out in the thread, blunt weapons you modded have such a gigantic contact area that they are completely worthless. fix plox? Not all of them, but most of them.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: August 14, 2012, 02:28:12 am »

*raises paw* deffinately a fur race ftw =(^.-.^)=
woo- each caste can be a different species,

*raise paw too* yeees that is a really sweet idea. *.*

@ kizucha: however i don't think my personal fursona would be too good in dwarf fortress much less playable =(^.-.^)= and im only part feline, other part dragon.. two of which Meph specfically said "no" too .. =(>.-.<)= so mean !

I'm not a fan for dragons, they are so big. xD Is the size of your fursona normal or bigger as an human? My fursona is a totaly normal anthro-fox. ;) And yes, Meph is a meany he enjoy it when we cry! :D

Yeah... covers fully the important bodyparts. ::)

And again, anyone tried the books? I dont get the books stockpiled. :(

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kenright

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: August 14, 2012, 03:39:08 am »

Fantastic work on the mod (even if I despise warlocks with a passionate undying fury, despite it being absolutely hilarious watching a necromancer come along in a siege and inadvertently end the siege by raising a few misplaced skeletons o' doom).

I do have a question though: Where and how does one acquire Golem Hearts? I bought a Cobalt Golem Heart from a Drow caravan, in a vain attempt to build a magma Golem forge, but alas, I still cannot build the Golem Forge...

It'd be nice to have golems too, what with the new zombie menace I found myself with.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: August 14, 2012, 06:17:51 am »

There is(was?) a bug with golem hearts. The ones traded from the drow does not work, you need to use the ones you can pray for in the magma temple of armok.

Manual is looking great, I would like to second the request to give more info on Grow duration 600, as well as what early/mid/lategame actually means in terms of sieges. I recall reading something about wealth and population, would be nice to have some more info on it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: August 14, 2012, 06:25:52 am »

It gives AC +10.

Interestingly enough, using old D&D rules, this would be accurate.
If it was using the THAC0 rules then it would prob be more like -15...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #6264 on: August 14, 2012, 06:52:07 am »

You guys are horrible. The next thing I have to mod in are half-naked armors for female dwarves, (chainmail-bikinis), then some tentacle rape demons for hell, and tacnayn as megabeast. no no no... no J-anything in western fantasy, they dont mix well.

Bless you.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: August 14, 2012, 07:17:23 am »

So I guess I suck at this game, I can't figure out how to stop ambushes from killing my caravans. Obviously some make it through at the start of the game, but by the third year they basically have no chance. As soon as they start coming to my gates they hit 4 ambushes of automatons each consisting of 10 or so of them. I can't see how I can possibly keep a caravan alive when faced with that... Is there anyway to turn ambushes back to the previous numbers 5 or so per ambush?  The "bodyguards" (only ever seem to be 2 or 3 of them) are pretty pointless as they could never hope to defend against even a single ambush. Is there somewhere I can change to give them a proper body guard? I already toggled the button that purports to give them a better bodyguard buy it still seems like the vanilla one to me.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: August 14, 2012, 07:31:03 am »

First off, you can try to keep your map ambush free, set up Hunters/woodcutters/plant gatherer/fisher, who will roam the map and spot ambushes. (this will lead to some deaths). Alternatively, build watchtowers (1zlevel high tower, glass windows on top, pasture animal inside) to scout.

Alternatively you can build a safe entrance. Wall your Trade Depot in on 2 sides. One open side fill with traps, this leads to your fort. Other side wall in a 3 tile wide pathway to the map edge as close as you can. Build statues near the edge to block off the edge entrance to your road as far as needed. Chekk with "D" if your Depot is accessible and from where. Build a paved road so no trees spawn. Build a roof against flying enemies.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: August 14, 2012, 07:34:05 am »

First off, you can try to keep your map ambush free, set up Hunters/woodcutters/plant gatherer/fisher, who will roam the map and spot ambushes. (this will lead to some deaths). Alternatively, build watchtowers (1zlevel high tower, glass windows on top, pasture animal inside) to scout.

Alternatively you can build a safe entrance. Wall your Trade Depot in on 2 sides. One open side fill with traps, this leads to your fort. Other side wall in a 3 tile wide pathway to the map edge as close as you can. Build statues near the edge to block off the edge entrance to your road as far as needed. Chekk with "D" if your Depot is accessible and from where. Build a paved road so no trees spawn. Build a roof against flying enemies.

Okay thanks, yeah I heard of the building to the map edge method, but I was hoping I could do it without deaths or exploits! I will try the watch towers I guess, is there a known detection range for ambushes? From my experience is seems like maybe 15 tiles?

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: August 14, 2012, 07:57:16 am »

Well, one of the intentions of MW is to increase trade importance, therefore one needs to be ready to invest into caravans ;). I dont know about Detection Range, i usually build a lot of scout places anyways. You could also send your squads around every so often, they should find ambushes pretty quickly.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6269 on: August 14, 2012, 10:07:43 am »

I usually have melee squads stationed on the baracks on the surface, and they run towards any caravan that pops up. And many, many watchtowers/animals. Some walling off and strategic burning of the surface is also used now and then ;)

There is(was?) a bug with golem hearts. The ones traded from the drow does not work, you need to use the ones you can pray for in the magma temple of armok.
Ehm... there is not really any excuse for that lapse. Yes, the trade-golem hearts dont work, the ones from the temple do work. My fault, two versions ago it was the other way around, so I "fixed" it, by switching it. Stupid me kind of forgot about that in the last update. Argh. Is in the buglist now.

@wrex: Thanks. I copied the weapons from other mods, when I started modding and never really touched them. Another thing that will be properly tested and fixed in the upcoming version. Really, that was a good catch, because seemingly no one else noticed this, in allthe versions ever released ^^

EDIT: About the poll and manual:

It is funny that some say: I dont want the GrowDuration in numbers, but a more descriptive something (like: 3 months, or 1 year), while at the same time you say: Invaders shouldnt have the descriptive words, but numbers (no "midgame", but "from 100 dwarves on, 150.000 wealth or 25.000 traded wealth") So they point is that one side wishes for more numbers and exact values,while the other half tends towards easy to undertand things. I will ponder about it ;)

And almost everyone seems to vote for more text and more pictures. I mean, yeah, it is unfinished, so there will be a lot more of both in the end... or do you really mean that I should write a lot more on each topic then what you see currently ?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:11:47 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 749