Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836348 times)

kenright

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Html-Manual#2 (beta)
« Reply #6285 on: August 14, 2012, 04:26:18 pm »

Your temple did explode ? ... What ?  Shouldnt happen. ^^

Yep. Had it in a 5x5 Box, an open tile underneath it that lead to a 7/7 magma tile, and was enclosed save for the entryway.

After three offerings to the Blood God of Iridium wafers, BOOM! No more Magma Temple :'(

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: August 14, 2012, 04:38:38 pm »

Just a little note, without solid science to back me up:
Be careful with buffing blunt weapons. What works fine for a dwarf will be DEVASTATING in the hands of a larger creature, like orcs, ogres, frost giants and most of the Fortress Defense races.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: August 14, 2012, 04:45:41 pm »

Ishar, yep, very good point, thanks & noted.  None of what we discussed today affects the NPC orc weapons (slicas, thuds, bashas, etc.) which were still basically copies of vanilla weapons; we're talking about fixing the Dwarven and Tiaga-orc weapons so they are competitive.  FWIW I am pretty confident the Tiaga-orcs' new club is quite worse still than a warhammer

Also, i'm really glad Meph gets to make all the final calls in the end, b/c this is really complicated, lol :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:59:14 pm by smakemupagus »

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #6288 on: August 14, 2012, 05:05:34 pm »

glad to see the mod did not die as u had predicted ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: August 14, 2012, 05:20:34 pm »

The new club is only on par with a warhammer when a very massive and very anrgy orc is holding it, objectively, it is a worse weapon. But orcs are bigger and have more muscle mass, so it balances out to a degree. I tested the performance of the new club on both dwarves and orcs, and dwarves are much better off with other weapons. Orc's, on the other hand, inflict plenty of injuries with the new club. They are much more effective with a mace, but the club inflicts acceptable damage.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: August 14, 2012, 05:35:51 pm »

My fort was destroyed by a siege of tigermen, three squads riding war dinosaurs. My militia commander was kitted out in mithril armor with a cobalt blade shield and a demonic sword, so he killed an entire squad by himself.

Love this mod so much.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: August 14, 2012, 10:33:00 pm »

Testing has confirmed that this:

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CLUB]
[NAME:club:clubs]
[SIZE:650]
[SKILL:HAMMER]
[TWO_HANDED:27500]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:25000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:4]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:100:6000:bludgeon:bludgeons:NO_SUB:1300]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20:200:beat:beats:NO_SUB:1800]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:20:200:backhand:backhands:NO_SUB:1200]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:100:8000:whirl around and mightily bludgeon:whirls around and mightily bludgeons:NO_SUB:3000]

In the hands of an orc is superior to a dwarf wielding a mace who is of equal skill, but not to an orc wielding a mace of equal skill. Size matters!

However, a single graspsed mace is still better than the colossal mace, so it should probably get more force behind it's blows. Same thing for war hammers and mauls: the bigger one should hit harder.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kenright

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: August 15, 2012, 12:52:13 am »

Oh, also, not sure if working as intended or a hardcoded DF bug, but when I was building my Great Magma Forge, I used one obsidian pipe section and three wooden pipe sections... Which all seemed fine and the Magma Forge is functioning quite happily off of its wood encased magma supply lines.

Urist McPenguinhead

• Bay Watcher
  • dungeon master with questionable motives
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: August 15, 2012, 03:50:13 am »

This mod is really awesome!

There are so many new things, you have done a really good job on it.
Keep up the good work on the manual too, it's looking great so far :)

Thank you!

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: August 15, 2012, 05:40:00 am »

*raises paw* deffinately a fur race ftw =(^.-.^)=
woo- each caste can be a different species,

*raise paw too* yeees that is a really sweet idea. *.*

@ kizucha: however i don't think my personal fursona would be too good in dwarf fortress much less playable =(^.-.^)= and im only part feline, other part dragon.. two of which Meph specfically said "no" too .. =(>.-.<)= so mean !

I'm not a fan for dragons, they are so big. xD Is the size of your fursona normal or bigger as an human? My fursona is a totaly normal anthro-fox. ;) And yes, Meph is a meany he enjoy it when we cry! :D

This is a Dwarven Chainmail Bikini , all Craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality... it is Studded with Yellow poka dots. and barely covers anything on the body!

Yeah... covers fully the important bodyparts. ::)

And again, anyone tried the books? I dont get the books stockpiled. :(

i'm a micro dracat, a full 6 inches ! not very good for handling weapons in DF!

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: August 15, 2012, 07:45:42 am »

So I'd like for creatures to still drop their unique named meats when butchered. Call me sadistic, but I like seeing hundreds of "Baked Goblin Kidney" after a siege. It's also helpful when butchering expensive creatures for more expensive food.

Any idea how I would go about this? And only for food items but not leather/wood/etc?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: August 15, 2012, 02:27:13 pm »

So I'd like for creatures to still drop their unique named meats when butchered. Call me sadistic, but I like seeing hundreds of "Baked Goblin Kidney" after a siege. It's also helpful when butchering expensive creatures for more expensive food.

Any idea how I would go about this? And only for food items but not leather/wood/etc?

so i -know- meph has answered this before... and i founds it! =(^.-.^)=

Books are easier to make since 1.9.4

The next settings GUI will have pre-set templates to select from. At least I do hope so, Roses mentioned something like it. "FPS-savings only" "all off" "all on" "hard mode" "default settings"... something like it. I also will leave some features "hard-coded" that the GUI wont change, either because they are hard to make optional (like standardized materials, they will stay) or because I really want this change to stay (like dangerous danger rooms)  Oh, and you say at least a dozen people stopped because of this. Well, 30.000+ downloads vs. 12 is... not much :P But the entire reason behind the GUI is that people can play the mod like they want, without modding knowledge, so I do take this feedback serious. :)

@fairin: Thanks a ton for that, will all be fixed. I just copy+saved the report for now, will go through it later today.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: August 15, 2012, 02:36:52 pm »

In honour of the 420th post on Masterwork, I suggest everyone favourite plant be added  :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis

When eaten causes dwarves to move slower, be hungry, but cures all other ailments.  8)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

richieelias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: August 15, 2012, 02:59:41 pm »

so i -know- meph has answered this before... and i founds it! =(^.-.^)=

Books are easier to make since 1.9.4

The next settings GUI will have pre-set templates to select from. At least I do hope so, Roses mentioned something like it. "FPS-savings only" "all off" "all on" "hard mode" "default settings"... something like it. I also will leave some features "hard-coded" that the GUI wont change, either because they are hard to make optional (like standardized materials, they will stay) or because I really want this change to stay (like dangerous danger rooms)  Oh, and you say at least a dozen people stopped because of this. Well, 30.000+ downloads vs. 12 is... not much :P But the entire reason behind the GUI is that people can play the mod like they want, without modding knowledge, so I do take this feedback serious. :)

@fairin: Thanks a ton for that, will all be fixed. I just copy+saved the report for now, will go through it later today.

Thank you, but I'm more wanting to know how *I* can do it myself with the current version

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: August 15, 2012, 03:20:27 pm »

Strange (maybe vanilla?) bug I encountered:
The wagons passed my trading site, they said it was inaccessible. I built a 3 wide road right to the edge of the map, so that shouldn't happen I think. I have a row of cage traps right in front of the depot (for thieves), and a bridge (retractable, but accessible when the traders came).
I have ANOTHER drawbridge that connects the depot to the rest of the fort, that was retracted - by my logic, that shouldn't stop the wagons from accessing the depot itself.

What could cause this? The traps? The bridge? The other bridge? I've never seen anything like this, the problem baffles me especially since this is not a new setup for me, I've built things like this countless times.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 749