Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1836482 times)

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - Html-Manual#2 (beta)
« Reply #6240 on: August 13, 2012, 11:59:01 am »

You can already get a vanilla-like masterwork by desactivating all misc, buildings, creatures and races (except the vanilla races of course).
If you desactivate everything in creatures for example, it will be vanilla df.

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #6241 on: August 13, 2012, 12:04:46 pm »

Would it be possible to add a new option to Masterwork launcher 'Default Back to Vanilla' that would automatically turn off all extra stuff and turn the game into Vanila?

Because I like Masterwork for simplified items, creatures, etc. but all the extra sh...stuff just makes the game confusing and weird.
All I want is to have a simplified vanilla game with extra optimizations and I'm not the only one about it.
I know at least a doze people who stopped using Masterwork because it turned into something much more cluttered.

If there was an easy way to turn current Masterwork into what Masterwork originally was then me and many others would most likely to go back to using it instead of LNP.

EDIT: Because Masterwork is great for improving general speed and usability of the game.

next version is planned to attempt to do just that -.- probably the 3rd most asked question ;) it will come...

THANK GOD! I'm relieved to hear that.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: August 13, 2012, 12:32:00 pm »

Hm doing i something wrong or is the "Bookcover"-crafting in the tanner missing? ???

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6243 on: August 13, 2012, 12:59:05 pm »

Books are easier to make since 1.9.4

The next settings GUI will have pre-set templates to select from. At least I do hope so, Roses mentioned something like it. "FPS-savings only" "all off" "all on" "hard mode" "default settings"... something like it. I also will leave some features "hard-coded" that the GUI wont change, either because they are hard to make optional (like standardized materials, they will stay) or because I really want this change to stay (like dangerous danger rooms)  Oh, and you say at least a dozen people stopped because of this. Well, 30.000+ downloads vs. 12 is... not much :P But the entire reason behind the GUI is that people can play the mod like they want, without modding knowledge, so I do take this feedback serious. :)

@fairin: Thanks a ton for that, will all be fixed. I just copy+saved the report for now, will go through it later today.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: August 13, 2012, 01:28:30 pm »

hehe, about those draconic cat people playable race... =(^.-.^)=

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: August 13, 2012, 01:30:33 pm »

If i could i would totally mod that and force Meph to include it :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6246 on: August 13, 2012, 03:28:27 pm »

You guys are horrible. The next thing I have to mod in are half-naked armors for female dwarves, (chainmail-bikinis), then some tentacle rape demons for hell, and tacnayn as megabeast. no no no... no J-anything in western fantasy, they dont mix well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: August 13, 2012, 03:44:52 pm »

I should just point out thtat we had tentacle rape demons for quite some time, and that danger rooms really aren;t that dangerous, and making them any more so is only going to try one's suspension of disbelief. Personally, I don;t see the point of removing an exploit from a single player game, especially when it would take significant resources to actually eradicate.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: August 13, 2012, 04:10:51 pm »

Mephy~puh please~~ some fur-races. :D For me a fox-race but in emergency i'm also statisfied with fairin's feline-race. ;)

Oh yeah tentacle-rape-demons. :o dwarf fortress - the new era of hentai.  ;D

Oh by the way, books dont get to the stockpiles. :'( Someone have the same problem or are my dwarfs only lazy? >:( *prepares the whip*
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:18:56 pm by kizucha »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: August 13, 2012, 04:27:02 pm »

You guys are horrible. The next thing I have to mod in are half-naked armors for female dwarves, (chainmail-bikinis), then some tentacle rape demons for hell, and tacnayn as megabeast. no no no... no J-anything in western fantasy, they dont mix well.

Why the hell are you still writing? Get this done, until yesterday, all of it! :)

But why did those memories of the "high level armor" from Terra come up by your first sentence?....

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: August 13, 2012, 05:18:07 pm »

Dumb question, is there a more efficient way to refine coarse iron than the crucible? An upgraded crucible that does large batches, for example?

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: August 13, 2012, 05:36:41 pm »

Got a weird problem, I think it is a bug: my saw mill is cluttered with Sawdust, that doesn't seem to go on any stockpile (found one with dust, but they won't move the sawdust to it), and my custom stockpile that is meant for raw metal industry ingredients has "rotten smell" and "bacteria" taking up two spaces....

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: August 13, 2012, 05:41:05 pm »

Tun temprature back on. It's how smpke effects work, it spawns a boiling stone.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: August 13, 2012, 05:52:42 pm »

Tun temprature back on. It's how smpke effects work, it spawns a boiling stone.

Ah, clever, thanks!

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #6254 on: August 13, 2012, 06:14:05 pm »

It should be enabled in the brewery. You can also make fuel from wood, in the woodburner, or in the blast furnace, or from items you burn in the crematorium. Or order it from caravans. ;)

EDit: double checked, is enabled, is in brewery. make 3fuel from booze and oil. :)

Ahhh sweet! Very low priority, but I guess the list of known fixes needs to be updated. The Booze/Fuel thing was bundled with the other issues with the brewery reactions. But it seems like that's fixed too.

Thanks for the amazing lightning fast reply and confirmation. :D

Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 749