Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837624 times)

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5535 on: July 06, 2012, 10:34:11 am »

Mh.. sorry for that... Inkmen are part of the dwarf chocolate mod, somehow I start to believe that half of the creatures are unbalanced... have to talk to Seth Creiyd about that, I think he would like the feedback.

Personally, I'm really not a fan of most of the monsters that come from Dwarf Chocolate.  Some of the ideas are interesting, but personally I find the names of the creatures very poor, their frequency as wildlife irritating, and the fact that I can't 'turn them off' from Settings very annoying.  I would really love an option to remove them without having to edit mods.  I like the 'automation' flavor that Masterwork has (turrets, landmines, automatons, golems) - its a nice theme and a good differentiator from classic DF.  The Dwarf Chocolate monsters really detract from it however; I'd prefer classic DF's animal-men to these.  My arctic fortress had regular visits from Hair Man, Sweat Man (who left trails of sweat everywhere, which then got tracked everywhere), and Beer Man.  I winced every time they showed up.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: July 06, 2012, 10:49:36 am »

I don't mean to be too hard on Seth and DC - the actual raws for these creatures are actually pretty neat.  They'd make a great basis as templates and ideas for new monsters, especially if one could somehow make their frequency/visits more rare.  My main complaint is that the names are cartoonish and immersion-breaking, many of the materials are a bit silly, and too many of them leave behind trackable substances which is a tedious and irritating game mechanic to deal with on a regular basis.  In my fort example, the Beer Man and Sweat Man are regular visitors all year round and the map gets covered in their crap.  I don't like to resort to dfhack unless I have to, but for those two I end up spamming dfhack clean like crazy to keep my sanity.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: July 06, 2012, 12:28:41 pm »

(re: DC)  My main complaint is that the names are cartoonish and immersion-breaking, many of the materials are a bit silly, and too many of them leave behind trackable substances which is a tedious and irritating game mechanic to deal with on a regular basis. 

I also don't care for the DC monsters, as you guys said about half are imbalanced, but I don't know that the other half don't have much to recommend them either.  (from a gameplay point of view .. i appreciate what you guys are saying that they're interesting 'raws' craftsmanship)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5538 on: July 06, 2012, 01:47:20 pm »

Is noted. I was hoping for some kind of drop-down menu for the next GUI anyway, so you can select: Dwarf Chocolate (All), then open a sub-menu and select/deselect any creature of that mod. want to do that for everything the mod has, but dont know if zenerbufen can pull it off with Python.

@zenerbufen: Any chance for a linux/mac update with the 34.11 version ? ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: July 06, 2012, 02:13:32 pm »

I cant see the Customization thing at all for the mac version, it just skips to the title screen. Is there something i am missing?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5540 on: July 06, 2012, 02:48:34 pm »

Yes, you are missing the fact that there is no customization think for Mac (and Linux) currently. That is the reason we (zenerbufen & me) want to redo it in another programming language.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: July 06, 2012, 03:20:47 pm »

Yes, you are missing the fact that there is no customization think for Mac (and Linux) currently. That is the reason we (zenerbufen & I) want to redo it in another programming language.
Fixed  ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5542 on: July 06, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »

Ja, dir fehlt die Information, dass es zZ. keine Optionen für Mac (und Linux) gibt. Das ist der Grund warum wir (Zenerbufen und Ich) ein neues Programm in einer anderen Sprache schreiben wollen.
Fixed  ;D Repariert. ;)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: July 06, 2012, 06:12:52 pm »

Ja, dir fehlt die Information, dass es zZ. keine Optionen für Mac (und Linux) gibt. Das ist der Grund warum wir (Zenerbufen und Ich) ein neues Programm in einer anderen Sprache schreiben wollen.
Fixed  ;D Repariert. ;)
Haha touché ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5544 on: July 06, 2012, 06:35:50 pm »

No worries ;) If no one corrects my english, how should I learn it ? ^^

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: July 06, 2012, 06:40:15 pm »

@zenerbufen: Any chance for a linux/mac update with the 34.11 version ? ;)
Possibly, there is a new Mac OS coming out soon, and I want to get customization working first. I have been in a rut and haven't done much work on this in the last few daysweeks :'(.

DrStalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: July 07, 2012, 01:47:17 am »

Animal gender icons are missing

Using masterwork when embarking the animals have different icons for gender (granted, these icons are a pendent and a bag but that's good enough to tell them apart)

Once in the game gender is always a star: http://i.imgur.com/2tgxQ.png

I've tried a few of the tilesets that come with masterwork, they all do the same thing.  Is there any way to adjust the config files to change this?  Right now it's impossible to see gender when looking at list of animals unless they use different terms for different genders. 

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: July 07, 2012, 06:54:47 am »

Using masterwork when embarking the animals have different icons for gender (granted, these icons are a pendent and a bag but that's good enough to tell them apart)

I've tried a few of the tilesets that come with masterwork, they all do the same thing.  Is there any way to adjust the config files to change this?  Right now it's impossible to see gender when looking at list of animals unless they use different terms for different genders.
That's a problem with the phoebus/ironhand tileset. The gender icons share their symbol with other ingame objects, and in order to modify the ingame objects the gender symbols changed too. It has to do with the game engine and there is no current workaround I believe :P

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: July 07, 2012, 07:23:04 am »

Turn truetype off when you're checking gender.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: July 07, 2012, 08:43:41 am »

Turn truetype off when you're checking gender.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 749