Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837626 times)

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5520 on: July 05, 2012, 07:54:56 am »

Hey Meph, could you add some sort of terractotta army style golem? (Only it dosn't require a dwarf to be transofrmed) i was thinking at say, the magma temple or some other building, you would need a clay statue, and 3 scrolls of life (That are created at a library) that also need to be dipped in the fountain of youth. They could be easily broken but mass producable once you have the appropriate items :) I dunno if I was so clear explaining that.. so if clarification is needed feel free to ask  :P

Approprate items including the horribly difficult Philosopher's Stone for said fountain?
Could be a reaction at the fountain that creates the golem, to similate dipping it in the fountain maybe?
What kinds of weapons would they use though? Maybe have them equipped with dart launchers? Like a fragile, mass produced archer?
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: July 05, 2012, 10:01:26 am »

Hmm... I do like the blowgun idea.. That's cool ??? I'd like to see that implemented! Have them produced kinda like a gargoyle is - at a spawn point!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:03:17 am by Godlysockpuppet »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: July 05, 2012, 10:46:32 am »

Terracota-army is actually a really nice idea.... maybe with the possibility of other civs using them in a war against you?

They should be really good against archers and stabby-stabby-guys, but go under against blunt and slash weapons

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: July 05, 2012, 10:54:50 am »

Rather than nerfing the fountain, it may be interesting to give some interesting addition to the life elixir...after all, 1 philo stone is a load of work.

I am not sure what is possible to do, but perhaps something among the lines of max all physical/mental attributes?

Also, would it be possible to change the "destroy aether" reaction so that it destroys them in smaller increments? otherwise if something goes awry you have 1000 pieces to cut into gems...which takes a while.

Also, 1000 free gems for gemcrafting or ammunition? considering a set of gembolts is min about 900 Dbucks, that is a LOT of money. I was getting about 5k for masterwork gembolts. It's also a LOT of ammo, coming up to 25,000 bolts all up. Just set you military to gemcutters only, that way any soldiers not training cut gems and make ammo :P

Eh, but it feels like an exploit and it kills my fps. At the end I just waited for the "unassigned" caste to take them out, and I autodump-destroyed them with DFHack

How about rapid regen/healing for the philo stone?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: July 05, 2012, 11:16:14 am »

Just to develop on the terractotta army idea more; The reagents could be 3 scrolls of life and a clay statue, and the quality of the terracotta man would vary with the quality of the statue. The scrolls of life would need to be made at a scriptorium/library (to make the paper and write the scroll), but the scrolls will need to be dipped in a fountain, or perhaps used in in a reaction with a philosophers stone, where the stone has a 95% chance to be preserved with each use. Once the soldier is constructed he would be spawned at a spawn point similar to a landmine, turret or garoyle (or whatever else is constructed there). For weapons perhaps really strong punches and blowdarts or something like that? make them really easy to kill, but easy to mass produce-late game. As said earlier, perhaps the automatons or warlocks could bring them along as siegers? maybe give them the building destroyer 1 tag? Whatcha think? :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5525 on: July 05, 2012, 02:08:42 pm »

I clearly like the idea of a terracotta army. In general I would like to make invaders a lot more unique, and a terracotta army china-style race sounds like fun. NO Pandas though. ;)

The essence residue I would put into a custom container (procude 1000 residue in 1 item) so you only have one item to carry around. I made that reaction before Toady made the stone-cutting things in the jeweler, so I was quite surprised when the first report about that came up. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: July 05, 2012, 03:01:23 pm »

I'd advise you check out wikipedia about the actual terracotta army if you're going to base a siege force on them. I'd still like to be able to construct them though! :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5527 on: July 05, 2012, 08:22:28 pm »

I just want to make something clear: I am really looking forward to start modding again, even if I have tons of stuff to do when I am back home. I will have so many options, 3 PCs, fast Internet, a lot of space, and the experience of the first MDF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: July 05, 2012, 11:25:35 pm »

I imagine you coming home, first thing, you go to the PC to not be seen for a month, only to bring the upper-update :D

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5529 on: July 05, 2012, 11:37:24 pm »

lol Meph has been taken by a Fey mood... Oh god you not gonna name MW2 Artifact fortress lol :P

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: July 06, 2012, 03:14:52 am »

God i hope it won't be Fell mood... where will you find bones dwarf?:)

edit: Even better. Meph has been possessed by a spirit of IT000. After he finished his mysterious constructions we see a MWCorrosion... Oh nooooooo...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:17:39 am by Tierre »

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: July 06, 2012, 04:24:22 am »

Teracotta... golems? How about calling everything golems and just grouping them on what they can do, which could basically be based on their base material?

Higher-grade materials feel like they would be able to 'store' more life force (or whatever) than lower grade materials, like Soulgems from The Elder Scrolls. For example:
Making 10 teracotta golems, using the life force of chickens, would be just as hard as making a single metal golem using the life force of a single chicken. However, the metal one would be stronger and more durable. Both of these wouldn't be smart enough to actually do a job, but function like the bought golems we've got now.
At the same time, a metal golem (like it is now) has enough capacity to store a dwarf, essentially making Shale from Dragon Age.

But still, all of them are golems in my mind. Rock, metal, ceramic, dirt, glass, it doesn't really matter since the basic action is the animation of non-living matter. On the other hand, this might be a bit of useless terminology.

Speaking of golems and the like:
You currently need to buy Gargoyles, Spitting Orchids and Treeants from the caravans, right? What do these do, exactly?

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: July 06, 2012, 04:43:05 am »

You can also make spitting orchids and treant seeds at the fountain of eternal youth...so yeah, you basically need to get them from the caravans unless you are masochist (like me).

Stationary defense, they are. Don't know how powerful, but I doubt they are more effective than hellfire turrets. Especially hellfire turrets ringed by fortifications.

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: July 06, 2012, 05:22:47 am »

I'm having trouble generating worlds more than 400 years, almost always crashes when it tries to compile. It's apparently also impossible to stay in the Age of Myth for longer than 150 years even if I vastly increase the number of beast sites and caves. I assume some of the stronger civs are wiping them out but its sad to play in the Age of Heroes since there are less megabeasts :(

Which races are active? Ive heard strong civs can be devastating to other civs and megabeasts. War Elephants could have the potential to fall into this category.

Just the standard races. Orcs, Automatons, Drow, Goblins, Kobolds, I've got Serpentmen on as well as Minotaurs and evil Humans (bandits). I suppose it could be the Robots or the Minotaurs. I'll try turning these superstrongs off in my next worldgen.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: July 06, 2012, 06:11:00 am »

Teracotta... golems? How about calling everything golems and just grouping them on what they can do, which could basically be based on their base material?

Higher-grade materials feel like they would be able to 'store' more life force (or whatever) than lower grade materials, like Soulgems from The Elder Scrolls. For example:
Making 10 teracotta golems, using the life force of chickens, would be just as hard as making a single metal golem using the life force of a single chicken. However, the metal one would be stronger and more durable. Both of these wouldn't be smart enough to actually do a job, but function like the bought golems we've got now.
At the same time, a metal golem (like it is now) has enough capacity to store a dwarf, essentially making Shale from Dragon Age.

But still, all of them are golems in my mind. Rock, metal, ceramic, dirt, glass, it doesn't really matter since the basic action is the animation of non-living matter. On the other hand, this might be a bit of useless terminology.

Speaking of golems and the like:
You currently need to buy Gargoyles, Spitting Orchids and Treeants from the caravans, right? What do these do, exactly?
Well for a start they're not really terracotta golems, they're clay figurines brought to life.... (Lol that is a golem now that i think of it..!) only a terracotta statue can't be made of anything but pocelain/clay/earthenware as it's intended to be based upon the actual terracotta army in China :-\ Also a golem is made from a dwarf, as the dwarf who "bring the golem to life" Transforms into that golem... I was thinking the dwarf needn't transform into the terracotta statue upon its' construction, as that's why you need those scrolls in its' creation.
I do agree they sound pretty much the same but IMO I think there's subtle differences. Also gargoyles can be created at the church of the dark depths, spitting orchids and treants at the fountain of youth. Quite easily too. Although I don't like the fact all the turrets, gargoyles, decoys and landmines I make are only ever "friendly" and never pets, so I've no real control over them... I wasn't even considering the terracotta army idea to even be related to golems.
Also Meph, I love modding DF (Never realeased any of my mods though, only for my friends and personal use) so I don't suppose you may need a hand? The only thing I'm crap with is actually making creature's bodys using all that template tissue stuff ::) For that I just use Vbase to make it seem a little less insane ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:23:24 am by Godlysockpuppet »
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 749