Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1837524 times)

Sarkovar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - for 34.11 UPDATED!!!
« Reply #5565 on: July 08, 2012, 03:17:11 am »

Hope the linux version gets updated soon, because simply transferring the raw and data folder doesn't work anymore. The game crashes every time I hit the "b"uild key.
Me: FLAMING BABY FLAIL'S COMIN' AT YA DEMONS.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5566 on: July 08, 2012, 10:27:31 am »

Hmm... splinterz mentioned that the new version reads out the castes a bit differently. In the old one he would have been sorted with the normal dwarves... have to find a workaround for that I guess. And yes, better get a werebeast ward or keep him locked somewhere...  you could later throw some invaders at him, for added fun.

Edit: Just looked at reddit, dwarf fortress, search for masterwork mod. Wow. I am amazed. Wonder why these guys wont come here with there feedback (and praise and criticism) because the chances are way higher that I will see it here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:26:21 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: July 08, 2012, 12:49:40 pm »

i have a question and i can't seen to find anything on it searching this thread or the internet. is it intended to change the tile of certain stone? some flux, like marble appears as just a white square when using pheobus, which is not the marble tile for pheobus. the same for bauxite walls, they show up as the smooth floor tile, not the natural wall. not a big deal, since it's just graphical. i just got used to vanilla df and was like 'what the heck are these stones, they don't look right.'

in other news, i am enjoying this mod. all those pointless leather, so much nicer now. before when i get a siege, the clean up was insane. not just the equipments they brought with them but, but all those body parts they left behind. and oh, mister useless mcdorf, go sacrifice yourself to armok.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 - NEW POLL - Future of the Mod
« Reply #5568 on: July 08, 2012, 05:31:36 pm »

Relicts of my modding past ;) They shouldnt look different, but somehow I liked solid marble walls better at some point then the phoebus flux symbol, since I have entire marble layers. Never changed it back, and I think you made the first comment about it ;) Thanks for the praise, any suggestions on how to make this mod better ? Apart the often mentioned better manual ;)

Just made a new poll, so I know what way my brain has to work for the next update. Have tons of ideas floating around, think I have to get my little sketchbook out and put them down in ink.

Another tiny little thought: Searching for "Masterwork" something something is rather unhelpful in this forum, because the word is used often. And adding "dwarf fortress" to it, in the dwarf fortress forum... is just as unhelpful. I think, for searching purposes it would be better to change the modname, and references to MDF. Like LFR it is unique and people know what it means. MDF2 would be the next version then. Any thought on that ?

Now with reddit thread, a bit pointless to link to it from here, but what the heck, why not. Just gathering data. MasterworkDF Suggestions on reddit
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:49:23 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stormbuilder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: July 08, 2012, 09:32:47 pm »

To answer your second question: there is to choose between small releases and one big release: just make the small ones and mark clearly the big ones. The aficionados will download and beta test the small ones, and the casual users will only bother when a big announcement comes out.

dead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: July 09, 2012, 12:43:37 am »

suggestions?

1. more war animals. war animals are cool. more steel clad war animals are cool.
2. grenade type throwing weapons. throw a flaming jug of oil at the enemy, set them on fire. weaponize bees. have bee hives within some distance of target, throw a jug of honey at the enemy, they get attack by swarm of bees. everyone wins. throwable plague bearer jugs, same effects.
3. sacrifice live captives to please armok. wild animal, meh. sentient beings, alright. titans, mega, fb, awesome. bonus points if you sacrifice elves.

as for the poll. instead of having a workshop that does everything for an industry, just have contained industries. by that i mean several workshop that product items for a single industry and that's it. so the player can select the industry and have everything they need to produce everything in said industry. if there are workshop that just creates a bunch of things every other industry need, then put it down as a perquisite.

vomov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: July 09, 2012, 03:45:21 am »

instead of having a workshop that does everything for an industry, just have contained industries. by that i mean several workshop that product items for a single industry and that's it. so the player can select the industry and have everything they need to produce everything in said industry. if there are workshop that just creates a bunch of things every other industry need, then put it down as a perquisite.

How about making a gunsmith, placing the chemist's workshop directly next to it, and make these two workshops function like one single workshop? Gun assembly line :D

Until we've got standing production orders, anything else will require micromanagement, or spamming of the announcements screen ("I can't make a gun! I've got no gunpowder 'cause the chemist is out drinking!", or both.

On the other hand, the combination J-->M-->Q is quick enough, and I've usually got a dedicated manager (Urist McSuit) to pump out orders as soon as I give them, so I'm going to vote for realism. And the gun assembly line is possible with fervent use of minecarts.

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: July 09, 2012, 04:12:24 am »

I vote more steel clad warbeasts, I wanna put Dragons and Sauropods in armor.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: July 09, 2012, 04:21:05 am »

Maybe the ability to not only armor the animals, but to also give them stronger attacks? Steelclaws, steeljaws, horrible drowscience that replaces monkeyhands with blades/guns/magmathrowers, such stuff

Also, what about a cannon as a siege engiene? Shooting exploding !FUN! cannonballs?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: July 09, 2012, 04:55:05 am »

Meph about that gunpowder from chemist. It can be done a little bit other way i think.
1) Make it so that if an important part is disabled - then dependant things are disabled automatically and greyed out (with a tooltip saying what to turn on).
2)make a building AND feature buttons - so a chemist building may be on but gunpowder may be off while some plastic or kevlar production is on. If all features greyed out - building is disabled automatically.
It makes bigger and more difficult interface but gives a lot of options to tinker with.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: July 09, 2012, 06:51:49 am »

Apart the often mentioned better manual ;)
Not so subtle hint ;)

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: July 09, 2012, 11:25:45 am »

One thing that's been bugging me lately now with the tracks and minecarts is the power needed to completely automate them, so far i've been solving this with water reactors but it kills my fps. What i was thinking instead was how nice it would be to have a power producing building that requires neither wind nor water reactors to work.

Now, i don't really know if this is possible but a boiler plant would be nice, producing power by inserting coal every once in a while. This and/or some sort of power producing building that requires rare/expensive/dangerous components to build but then provides power permanently.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: July 09, 2012, 12:46:41 pm »

One thing that's been bugging me lately now with the tracks and minecarts is the power needed to completely automate them, so far i've been solving this with water reactors but it kills my fps. What i was thinking instead was how nice it would be to have a power producing building that requires neither wind nor water reactors to work.

Now, i don't really know if this is possible but a boiler plant would be nice, producing power by inserting coal every once in a while. This and/or some sort of power producing building that requires rare/expensive/dangerous components to build but then provides power permanently.

Not even close to possible.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

A Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: July 09, 2012, 02:11:09 pm »

Not sure what the problem is.. but I'm unable to construct the Magma Golem Forge (says I need heart, which I have) and a steel cast armor set (at the creature armory) despite having all the materials.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5579 on: July 09, 2012, 02:31:01 pm »

Any burrows around ?

Workshop reactions are red, even with all the materials aviable.
Bug:      
If a workshop is in a burrow, even if the burrow is inactive, then it accepts only materials within the same burrow.

Solution:
Make a bigger burrow including the materials, or keep the material stockpiles within the same burrow. Or delete the burrow.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 749