Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835893 times)

Nomalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3030 on: March 24, 2012, 07:51:58 pm »

Speaking of clothing has anyone actually managed to get it working completely using Masterwork raws, my dwarves end up missing pieces like shirts, socks, etc.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: March 24, 2012, 08:20:46 pm »

Speaking of clothing has anyone actually managed to get it working completely using Masterwork raws, my dwarves end up missing pieces like shirts, socks, etc.

Waiting for meph to reimplement it so it works :] Not going to try doing that myself. once clothing is working i can finally generate the DF world of my dreams!
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: March 24, 2012, 09:22:47 pm »

If anything, Meph should offer simple clothing like Narihil's mod does. It introduces the gameplay associated with it while keeping the clutter down and conserving FPS.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3033 on: March 24, 2012, 10:08:56 pm »

No worries, I got it covered. A simple clothing option by default, to avoid naked angry dwarves, and the full clothing version that vanilla offers, optional. Is planned as soon as I update to 34.06.

I just did 47 creatures sprites, a little start on the long long list... ;) I started with easy ones, mostly recoloring.

Here the list of what is what, from left to right.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The vomiting plague should only stay about 10-20 days. It is a test, a very visual test, to see if it works. Now that I works I will do some actual work on it, see what can be done with plagues :)

PS: I am not here, not online, just ignore this post.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: March 24, 2012, 10:56:02 pm »

Thanks guys.  I will probably play around with this stuff after my first fortress dies.  At the moment, prettier graphics are an unnecessary luxury for me, but the dreaded wereskink would certainly be more menacing if it wasn't just an N with a tilde over it (still frightening, though).

Glad to see this game has such a big community.  So cool.

You've hit on the great disparity between users of graphics and users of ascii.  To the lover of ascii, that Ñ appearing around the corner can be bone-chilling in a way that few sprites can be.  Luckily, most everyone here gets along despite this divide :)

edit:  didn't see the creature sprites thread, cut and paste time.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:14:23 am by SethCreiyd »

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: March 24, 2012, 11:17:03 pm »

PS: I am not here, not online, just ignore this post.

Story of Meph's Life:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: March 25, 2012, 12:27:13 am »

I'm getting this issue with dwarfs randomly going completely berserk and attacking other dwarfs, causing a loyalty cascade.
I've got a save. I haven't browsed the thread to find out, but is anyone else getting this issue?

Here is a link with the save file. I've modded the game just a bit (added a custom mineral and reactions for it), and I think that was the only change I made besides tuning down the siege triggers.

Before the dwarf flips out, he was ecstatic, not trying to make an artifact, so there's no explanation for it at the moment.
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3037 on: March 25, 2012, 01:18:18 am »

@terratoch: I sent you a detailed PM about this, to everyone else: It is a feature, and you can spot it, they do not "randomly" go berserk.

And another 47 :)

List:
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ferrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: March 25, 2012, 02:43:09 am »

I decided to give DF a go after seeing that the new version was out, stumbled upon this mod. The very first two things that happened while I was trying it were a freezing snowstorm made of orc blood and my miners hitting living stone.

Blood for the Blood God indeed. I applaud you, good sir.

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: March 25, 2012, 03:46:37 am »

I'm getting this issue with dwarfs randomly going completely berserk and attacking other dwarfs, causing a loyalty cascade.
I've got a save. I haven't browsed the thread to find out, but is anyone else getting this issue?

Here is a link with the save file. I've modded the game just a bit (added a custom mineral and reactions for it), and I think that was the only change I made besides tuning down the siege triggers.

Before the dwarf flips out, he was ecstatic, not trying to make an artifact, so there's no explanation for it at the moment.

Was he that "Secret" dwarf? IE; When a dwarf enters the map, a combat report shows up ("R") with a report that a dwarf is in combat; For example; "Urist McSecret Eyes the Refuse Stockpile".

This always seems to result in that dwarf doing something bad in your fort;
(Spoilered for Spoilers)

I remember getting a dwarf that "Talked Crazily to himself" Which sent him berserk, killing several dwarves before being killed by a random fire landmine (Incidentally, setting all the coal ore lying around on fire, causing !!FUN!!, and ending the fort due to this all happening near the booze stocks).

It would be possible that Urist McSecret went berserk near a trade depot and killed a merchant; Then another dwarf killed Urist McBerserk, causing a loyalty cascade.

Thats my idea, anyway.

(Also, I need to know myself, do these "Secret" reports EVER result in anything BUT !!FUN!!? Because i found that they became to annoying to handle and ended up atom smashing them on arrival, but then i just turned it off. Personally, i think it would be good if there was a chance of a positive result, giving me a reason to keep these guys alive and not just switch them off; For example, give Urist McPentagramInBlood a chance of turning into a friendly powerful-demon-warrior instead of just killing everyone, or Urist McTalksToSelf being a (whats it called? Someone who prys into other peoples affairs, sorta like a paranoid detective?) who, after completing his "special" finishes all outstanding crimes/reveals vampires. Just my 5 cents worth.)
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3040 on: March 25, 2012, 04:01:06 am »

And another 47. ;)

List:

PS: Positive secret dwarves would be possible, but were is the fun in that ? But I could make them more random, so they might turn later, or not at all, spreading paranoia more.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: March 25, 2012, 04:31:04 am »

those sprites are really nice!

Remadan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: March 25, 2012, 08:05:01 am »

BUG (1.6): After disabling "Advanced Metalworking" HFS metal is gone

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: March 25, 2012, 08:54:24 am »

This mod looks amazing. :) I eagerly await the undate to the new version.
Diggy diggy hole.

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: March 25, 2012, 09:19:56 am »

This mod looks amazing. :) I eagerly await the undate to the new version.

It is. I don't really play vanilla anymore. Too predictable and less Unnamed ones.

Oh, on transformations, I made them all perma after changing a few residents during a siege take one for the team and become some horrible monster, only to have them sit in the animal room until it wore off and ignore all my commands. Annoying!
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 749