Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835888 times)

Jinxt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3060 on: March 25, 2012, 07:02:44 pm »

So far a great mod, but rock salt seems buggy.

My dwarfs won't stockpile crafts and tables made out of it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: March 25, 2012, 07:03:38 pm »

They usually just have the "head of X".

aantn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: March 25, 2012, 07:16:17 pm »

Meph, the new sprites look great. Thanks again for the amazing mod.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: March 25, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »

Yeah, all the sprites look amazing, including the animal-men.  Moonsnail-man and raptor-man are awesome.

edit.

small balance report after a couple 8+ year forts in 1.5 and 1.6
Farming trees, convenient but slower yield than cutting them down.  perfect.
Farming iron trees, OK, you can generate a lot of iron but still takes fuel to refine the Ironbark, and lots of dwarf labor. 
But farming *steel* trees seems like it's easier than making steel the old-fashioned way, and certainly takes less fuel.  And, the acorns are still pretty cheap, just 350 Db per bag or so. 

I'd suggest making the trees grow, say, copper and tin.  Or making the Steeloak refining process either more expensive or dare I say it, exclusive to elves. 

Just discovered the combo of Webbers (spiritwebbers / webturret) overlooking a trap bridge, to destroy TRAPAVOID goblins and thieves.  Unfortunately they also dismembered the dwarves who came out to grab the loot :)  and sometimes you think there's no new ways for dwarves to die .. .

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:29:39 pm by smakemupagus »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: March 25, 2012, 07:40:50 pm »

Yeah, all the sprites look amazing, including the animal-men.  Moonsnail-man and raptor-man are awesome.

Nothing beats the cheese man though. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the new release with working clothes :]
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3065 on: March 25, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »

HOW  THE HFS DO YOU GET SLAVES???????????!!!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That is all.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

skatterbrainz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: March 25, 2012, 09:38:15 pm »

Does "purify water from booze" actually work?  I've got a bunch of wounded dwarves, and since I'm in a desert and I haven't found water yet, I figured I'd give it a shot.  But I'm still getting announcements about not having a water source, and the water barrels are just sitting in the still, they haven't even gone to a stockpile yet. 

Also, is there some stockpile option for bonemeal that I'm not seeing?  I know it's considered a stone, but it doesn't come up under those stockpile options... And I'm afraid to just throw it in my stone dump, cause it doesn't come up in the economic stone screen either and I don't want my masons to make it into blocks or whatever... I'm just trying to avoid kitchen clutter, that's all.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3067 on: March 25, 2012, 10:09:33 pm »

Ok, rock salt is notstockpiled, I know. Fixed for the next release.
Bonemeal is stockpiled in stone, but dont know exactly why/when.
The water barrels are sadly ignored by stupid dwarves, they only accept buckets. I fixed it for the next release though.
Slaves: Buy broodmothers/broodlords from drow. Only way. If the drow have no pets in your world, tough luck. Slaves are very high end, so they are hard to get, or even not at all.

I will now try to insert the sprites I made. About 250 are done, dont know exactly how many remain. Mostly weird stuff I cant draw ^^

Important Question: Are the sprites ok like that ? Most of them are only recoloring or slightly changed ones. I will do some more animal men, but there is some stuff I just cant do. Werescorpions, Damsel Fly Men, axotols and aye-ayes...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:14:48 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: March 25, 2012, 10:13:00 pm »

Why dont the drow have pets? Is it a tag error, or just bad luck?
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3069 on: March 25, 2012, 10:15:23 pm »

Depends on the world, and where the drow home civ is based. Sometimes they dont have access.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: March 25, 2012, 10:17:07 pm »

Darn, because I was doing a paranoia fort, and I needed slaves for the IR population.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: March 25, 2012, 10:39:37 pm »

with the option less solid rock the stone "microcline2" is turned off making cave fungi cheese use any stone
thought it was weird having only dolomite and being able to make cheese from it :s

and frill lizards are better than any of the starting egg layers with egg_clutch:2:4 and being cheaper, though i haven't tried egg production with them yet

and i noticed there's a few dopple-gangers, 2 rattle snake and 2 monitor lizard entries though it was coincidence looking at what had the best egg_clutches (rattlesnakes of the MW variant have egg_clutch:15:80 which seems off)

question: does the tag body_size have anything to do with meat or is it the make up of the creature and what if its a child but full size? i could do some science but...

edit:same for butcher living rock reaction and bauxite2  :P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:44:56 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: March 25, 2012, 11:07:45 pm »

Imo sprite recolors are fine. There are an insane amount of enemies so it's expected to have some recolors if not many.

You can always go back later and make more unique sprites when you have time or feel like it, or if someone else wants to do them.

Jinxt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: March 26, 2012, 10:23:16 am »

I found the reason, my dwarfs don't like rock salt. I played without temperature and this stone is suppose to vaporize. Turning on temperature solved the issue because half my furniture turned into dust.  :o

Anyway I figured with TEMPERATURE on and LESS SOLID ROCK off you would encounter the same problem because rock salt and other stones missing the [IS_STONE] tag.

Maybe you could add something like, if not VAPORSTONE true set [IS_STONE], if that is possible.

Criticism asside I really like your work. Its such a great addition to the game and I am looking forward to the next update.  :D

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: March 26, 2012, 10:33:13 am »

Meph, having an issue with the auto-backup saves, sometimes its difficult to locate my correct save when reloading a fort after several several years,

sometimes when i go back a season for whatever reason it saves as - *fortname aut112 spr114  - in the year 114

and i think when it does this it overwrites some other saves

my one save from the first time of my fort occassionally gets overwritten. but not everytime - lost about 2 hours on my skyfort simply because it didnt save right

-yes yes.. turning off backup saves.. solves the problem. but i'd still -like- to have backup saves...

also welded chrome (stainless steel) isn't an option for armor/weapons anymore?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:53:53 am by Fairin »
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 749