Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835858 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #3015 on: March 23, 2012, 03:55:37 pm »

so, im confused are you implying your uploading a version? or that you will when you get near another city?

i imagine i won't get an answer of its the second one anyway...

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: March 23, 2012, 03:59:16 pm »

so, im confused are you implying your uploading a version? or that you will when you get near another city?

i imagine i won't get an answer of its the second one anyway...

Yeah way I read it it'll be a week or so before he updates due to lack of connection. Bit of bad timing.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: March 23, 2012, 04:26:17 pm »

oh well, ill be having plenty of fun in vanilla while F5ing the various utility mod threads.

Nomalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: March 23, 2012, 06:36:26 pm »

Okay, I have a dumb question, I want to rename tough leather to oiled leather but I'm completely lost on how to do this. I've been going through masterworks material template but I seem to be missing this, I think I might have the right thing but it has no mention of tough leather in the description. I'm using the simple material settings as well. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: March 23, 2012, 06:39:33 pm »

mm boozebelly goats have the tag YES[GRAZER:6000] which isn't turned off with harder farming off

edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:16:03 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

terminal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: March 23, 2012, 07:25:25 pm »

I think you should add a "Natural Tailor" and "Natural Chef" class.  I enjoy both of those industries and would like to have superstars for them like I do other industries.  I like to build them a suite with decadents rooms and a workshop just for them, with supplies being fed in by dedicated haulers.  I could use any old dwarf for this, or a crafter dwarf, but it feels right to have Naturals.

As I was typing this post I realize it would take about a minute to add these to my raws on my own, so no pressure.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: March 23, 2012, 08:37:48 pm »

Ah, the Pentagram. I had a baby do that. It was quickly subdued.

Turnip199

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: March 24, 2012, 11:31:22 am »

Just installed this
Oh god why are my dwarfs puking everywhere?

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: March 24, 2012, 11:52:12 am »

if u embarked on an evil biome then the chances are the raining blood or something is causing this

or you're unlucky and embarked with the plague amongst your dwarfs, i think i remember reading it lasts 2 yrs : /
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: March 24, 2012, 12:33:32 pm »

Hey guys.  I am a newb with a newby question about this mod.  I have been playing on mac OSX and I think I might want to, at some point, try all the features this mod offers.  But, at first, I would like to play the game pure vanilla with only a graphics pack installed.  Would this mod allow me to do that or would I be better off just downloading the raw files and extracting them, myself?

All the graphics pack installers I have found are windows only, so unless there is one I'm not aware of, my choices are to install them through the mac version of this mod or to download the files and figure out where in my directory I need to drag them.  Am I mistaken? 

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 12:38:20 pm by Hamsmagoo »

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: March 24, 2012, 01:52:09 pm »

I'm not a MAC guy but I think your best bet would be to download Vanilla and then the Ironhand (Phoebus may have one also) update only version and drop it in the folder.

Ironhand Update  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2617

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: March 24, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »

got my first (disease) plague.  not really seeing what this feature adds, if there's nothing to do to combat it.

@Hamsmagoo, graphics packs are not as simple as drop them in, nor does Masterwork have a version that is pure vanilla.  If you set every option to "NO" , it will be pretty close.  But for example, the things which are considered pure bugfixes, and the generic materials (i.e. "wood" instead of "acacia wood" and "oak wood"), can't be toggled.  nor the plague, unfortunately, lol

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: March 24, 2012, 03:35:59 pm »

Thanks guys.  I will probably play around with this stuff after my first fortress dies.  At the moment, prettier graphics are an unnecessary luxury for me, but the dreaded wereskink would certainly be more menacing if it wasn't just an N with a tilde over it (still frightening, though).

Glad to see this game has such a big community.  So cool.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: March 24, 2012, 04:15:32 pm »

34.06 is finally out, and as far as my tests go, clothing seems to be fixed, or at the very least working properly.
Not that I plan on activating it if it is put back in Masterwork, but as many people seemed to be interested, I though I might as well test a little while I have the time.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: March 24, 2012, 07:02:43 pm »

(*) Reintroduced negative thoughts from clothing, nakedness thoughts take a few weeks
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 749