Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835703 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2850 on: March 17, 2012, 08:46:04 pm »

I just wish there was an option to turn those and the deadly trap stuff off.

in "inorganic_mineral.txt"  find entry for "[INORGANIC:BAUXITE]" (living stone) and "[INORGANIC:MICROCLINE]" (cave fungus) and replace those entries with those from vanilla
edit:  or just do what Meph says and push the button :D

in "inorganic_fossil.txt" delete "inorganic_trap" entry
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:08:57 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2851 on: March 17, 2012, 10:24:19 pm »

I don't know what's up with the cave fungus and living stone.
They are practically good for nothing.
1. You can turn them off.
2. They have an immense function, since the majority of all rock is living stone and cave fungus. They save  your FPS. Trust me, I wouldnt have put this feature in otherwise.
3. You dont like the color ? Wow, I mean they have the same color as microcline and bauxite anyway.
4. Build a brick oven, make your own color.

Or simply press the "Less solid Rock" button ? To... lets see... remove them ? And automatically add in vanilla bauxite and microcline ?

Sorry for this harsh answer, usually not my type, but I am a bit tired and this question has been brought up way too often. Really guys, please read the manual. To quote it:
Less Solid Stones

This option makes 8 types of stone leave only dust and no solid stones. This reduces clutter and makes stone mining harder. It is a core feature of the mod and I would recommend leaving it ON. It really helps your FPS in the long run.

List of changes:

Mircocline is now known as cave fungus and will only yield slime.
Bauxite is now known as living stone and will only yield blood

Sandstone will evaporate into sandy dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Rock salt will evaporate into salty dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Claystone will evaporate into clay dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Mudstone  will evaporate into dirt dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Siltstone will evaporate into silty dust when mined and leaves nothing.
Chalk will evaporate into chalky dust when mined and leaves nothing.

How could I make this any clearer ? Turning it ON will make these changes. It is as simple as that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: March 17, 2012, 11:02:21 pm »

well Meph, your at that point now where people look at the number of pages and just ask what they were thinking, how they get past the manual part i dont know, but it happens with every mod.
so yeah... ill try to keep an eye on those posts and respond semi-politely to them, so you don't have to.

(holy crap, im becoming this threads footkerchief.)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: March 17, 2012, 11:09:45 pm »

I have to admit that there are many pages, but the search engine is configured to search inside the current thread by default, so it is quite easy to get the two or three last post containing the key words.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

HitmanPAC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: March 18, 2012, 12:12:07 am »

Just wanted to say a couple of things. First, I love this mod! It makes some pretty radical changes, but I find I like them.

Second, was the GUI made by you, Meph? It's pretty awesome. That deserves praise all on it's own.

I've been playing the same one fort since 1.6 came out - all my other forts managed to die when something got past my defenses. The following statements/questions are with that in mind:

Third, People have been complaining about the Brick Oven, but I found it vital to get any sort of surface presence open - I had to find a way to seal myself off, because flying enemies attack and kill my fort. I could have just used stone... but that feels ugly. I think that all the Brick Oven does is make it easier to build stuff and have it be more aesthetically pleasing.

I also have two bugs to report:

Fourth, I had a bug in 1.6 where the Tech Research Lab would not produce blueprints. I managed to get a holy tome or whatever before I realized I had no idea what to do with it, so I turned that off; for a couple of ingame years, I had my Alchemist - A Maniac, if that makes any difference - working steadily on research, and got nothing. I checked the raws, and it seems that you switched from using toys to bars of soap, or something. Personally, I liked toys - I was a short list I could check in the stocks menu. Bars, on the other hand, is not.

I changed the raws back to use the toys, which still seem to be there, and Immediately got myself a magma Gunsmith blueprint. Pretty sure this is a bug.

Finally, I have had an amusing bug with the zombie bite syndrome. A baby of one of my soldiers got turned, and got put on the enemies list. I didn't realize this at first - just that it was a zombie that somehow got into my danger room, which I then ordered my military to kill. They immediately circeled around it and started making it bleed - blood was everywhere, and they were using Great Axes, so I thought it would die in short order. It didn't - no matter what I did to it, it would not die. To make things worse, unless I ordered my military squad, which included the parent, to actively target it, the parent would pick up his 'child' and act normally. Talk about zombie denial. Note that they WERE making it bleed - I had them fighting it in several different places, and everytime I ordered my military to back off, it would wander around, tracking blood. Did I mention it's limbs had been hacked off? Yeah, a limbless zombie baby doesn't go anywhere fast. I guess it was rolling, or something.

Eventually, I moved the squad next to a pit and had them 'kill' the zombie baby, which got pushed over the side in the fight. Now that it was trapped, I used DFHack to spawn some magma in the air above it, hoping to deal with it that way. It got set on fire, but still hasn't died. It's been a few seasons now, and it's just producing smoke and wandering around in its little pit.

I'm pretty sure invincible zombie babies are a bug.

Anyway, I'm loving this mod, which is more of a fix. I honestly think Toady should just work on features and let 'mods' do the balancing. The guns and stuff kinda make this off-center in terms of fixing problems, but I still love it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2855 on: March 18, 2012, 01:07:18 am »

@bombzero: I really appreciate the help, but no one can become like the mighty footkerchief :P

@hitmanpac: thanks for the report. I will certainly test the research lab ingame, I only saw that the homeciv had access to the blueprints, and those access comes from the tech lab reactions, so I figured they are alright. I have no idea how to test a zombie baby though ^^ But I will spawn some "normal" turned zombies in the arena and mutilate them a bit till I find the problem. If I cant find anything then it might really have to do with it being a baby, but I wouldnt think so. btw, weaponize it, eternally burning, yet moving things are always useful. :)

I am just updating the MAC OS version, should be online in 5 minutes or so :)

Rest of the bit of work that was done:
 - Finished another 15 Building Guides
 - Changed many minor things in the reactions, mostly percentages.
 - Changed Armorplate reaction to only accept metal bars, instead of all bars.
 - Made new design for magma gunsmith, magma ammo mint, crucible and magma crucible.
 - Added [REACTION_CLASS:GYPSUM] back to gypsum. No idea why it was missing.
 - Added a lair and a sphere to all custom megabeasts, as well as changing the biome slightly.
 - Raised prices for broodmothers/broodlords
 - Added single reactions for armorplates
 - Made new design for magma gunsmith and magma ammo mint
 - Added vherids ascii fix for inorganic materials
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: March 18, 2012, 01:10:12 am »

- Added a lair and a sphere to all custom megabeasts, as well as changing the biome slightly.

are you implying that this was the issue with custom megabeasts?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: March 18, 2012, 01:18:10 am »

Noticed a few things:

Migrants are sometimes infected with things, like zombiesm or blood beast on arrival. It's kinda funny, though weird because I had the undead race turned off.

Cave civs still use hellwood, slademantine and other ridiculous materials.

Didn't FBs used to drop platinum skill essence? Did you take it off them because FBs are common?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2858 on: March 18, 2012, 01:22:14 am »

Yep, I think not having a lair and sphere did cause the crashes with megabeasts. Several modders got that, and was more of a community solution then my work.

Migrants should be infested. ;) Has nothing to do with the zombie race, I mean you still have normal DF undeads anyway. Was thinking about replacing my undead civ anyway, since undeads can siege you now, when you have a necromancers tower nearby.

Cave Civs using random stuff: Well... I dont think that I can change that. They take a random selection from everywhere. I mean slade and hellwood is impossible for them to have otherwise. I might copy over the biggest part of the goblin entity file to see if it works, and they use rusty iron and so forth. :)

FB were never modded, they are newly generated for each world, and they never did drop Essence.

PS: MAC OS Version is up :)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: March 18, 2012, 01:28:20 am »

your sig is still for 1.5.1 version. just FYI

also, yeah undead civ isn't really needed now, and is actually leading to weirdness.

such as having necromancers attack, only to have a group of undead who he had apparently become an enemy of over history of the world find him and he was killed by zombies...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2860 on: March 18, 2012, 01:40:40 am »

Yeah, I cant make my undead be opposed_to_life, they siege, but just stand around the map edge. At least thats the reports I got. You think my poor old (or hugos poor old modded) zombies should be replaced by something more interesting ?

I already want to redo the warlocks (better interactions, see seth cryeds wizard mod), the frost giants (maybe a little less overpowered?) and the automatons (take away guns, give gun-like interaction, give some steampunky interactions) I have so many ideas, on so little time just now... horrible ;)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: March 18, 2012, 02:03:26 am »

You might want to take out your undead, that was one of the redundancies I was talking about. Plus it's just confusing because then people don't know whether it points to your modded zombies or the vanilla zombies. I would think the today made zombies work better as opposed to this weird mutant civ thing haha.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2862 on: March 18, 2012, 02:12:58 am »

The problem is that I like the interaction. Get bitten, turn zombie. But I can give this to other fantastic civs as well, bodystealers, facehuggers, brain slugs (lol), demons, illithids (enslaving the infected dwarves) and so on.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: March 18, 2012, 02:25:41 am »

- Changed Armorplate reaction to only accept metal bars, instead of all bars.

(v1.5.1) the crossbow version of the bayonet crafting reaction at the weapon smith, also can accept soap or ash or what have you

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: March 18, 2012, 04:30:58 am »

Eggs... I only tested on hen eggs, but in theory any egg should be good. Will test this.

Hmm. I have ca. 100 turkey hen eggs, 20 hen eggs and 10 cave tortoise eggs in my stocks. Yet the option "Boil Egg" in my kitchen stays red.

Maybe running the Pheobus savegame updater (which is not part of your package by the way, I copied it manually from the Phoebus release) messed with the raws in a way so that the eggs are not recognized by your version of the kitchen? IŽll test that again with a fresh untampered embark.

Vampires are not changed. Yet. Have a look at "Fear the night", it might be an addition for the next version. Sorry guys, I dont think I will get anything done these next days, I have changed my entire route for northamerica, tons of work.

Yeah about the vampire it seems I was wrong. Just got new victims so it was not the baby suspect after all. I tried the drowning chamber which is mentioned in the DFhack thread (burrow all citizens in a channelled room with ramps on the sides and flood the basin, everybody who tries to escape or starts to drown is no vampire, those who stay in the basin are vamps). Strangely nobody started to drown at all and most stayed in the basin, even after the water was 7 tiles deep.

And thanks, IŽll look at "fear the night".
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 749