Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835589 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2820 on: March 17, 2012, 05:01:34 am »

For some reason, I never get migrants past the first two forced waves. I've had to abandon 3 good fortresses because of this, anyone know why this might be? Not like I didn't produce wealth, I was churning out Platinum stuff 24/7. Never had this problem outside of Masterwork, so I imagine it's either some change that I don't know about that is causing it, or some setting (too many fortress defence races?). All fortresses I built were reclaimed at least once (miners expedition followed by the real one), but I doubt that has something to do with it.
You must not have contact with your dwarf civilisation or they are wiped out in that world, it's a vanilla thing. I guess you're also not getting a dwarf caravan in Autumn?

Acds

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: March 17, 2012, 05:06:41 am »

For some reason, I never get migrants past the first two forced waves. I've had to abandon 3 good fortresses because of this, anyone know why this might be? Not like I didn't produce wealth, I was churning out Platinum stuff 24/7. Never had this problem outside of Masterwork, so I imagine it's either some change that I don't know about that is causing it, or some setting (too many fortress defence races?). All fortresses I built were reclaimed at least once (miners expedition followed by the real one), but I doubt that has something to do with it.
You must not have contact with your dwarf civilisation or they are wiped out in that world, it's a vanilla thing. I guess you're also not getting a dwarf caravan in Autumn?

The weird thing is, I am getting the caravan and everything. So I do have contact and they are not wiped out, yet I still get no migrants.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: March 17, 2012, 05:37:51 am »

In full ASCII mode, some creatures like pythons don't have symbols and are basically a blank square. Is there a way I can mod them to be visible?

And for certain tiles such as fish (should be tile 224) is read as tile 160 in game whereas fireflies which should be tile 249 is read as tile 144. There are quite a few other things and I'd like to be able to change them back if it's possible.

I'm hoping I can fix these myself by going through the raws or some init changes. If not... meh... I'll just keep waiting.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: March 17, 2012, 07:19:27 am »

I do a starter world, and can't find iron ores?  Am I missing something?  This is second world (I'm using prospect all).

tetrahedrite is an ore of iron in Masterwork.

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: March 17, 2012, 10:15:42 am »

GOOD LORD, face-huger vermin. You are insane, good thing I read the change log or there would be alot of FUN without me knowing what was going on. Make them be able to be saved from it or to at least have some noticeable and different symptoms so we dont get random important dwarves turning into... FUN!
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: March 17, 2012, 10:39:07 am »

GOOD LORD, face-huger vermin. You are insane, good thing I read the change log or there would be alot of FUN without me knowing what was going on. Make them be able to be saved from it or to at least have some noticeable and different symptoms so we dont get random important dwarves turning into... FUN!

By the time symptoms appear, it's too late.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: March 17, 2012, 10:57:03 am »

Huh. Now I'm confused. Why is lightning striking and magma appearing?
Save: http://www.mediafire.com/?s5d5tkpjdb0e08l
images taken over a few ticks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2827 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32:52 pm »

Hey guys, had no internet these last 1,5 days. Lots to go through, first of all the weird traders with magma and lighting: These are custom materials for special magic attacks. Traders shouldnt have them, I must have missed a tag in the inorganic mat.

And for certain tiles such as fish (should be tile 224) is read as tile 160 in game whereas fireflies which should be tile 249 is read as tile 144. There are quite a few other things and I'd like to be able to change them back if it's possible.
Which fish ? All ? I fixed the fireflies, but there are several places I can look for fish ^^

fun fact:Hidden stuff can also come with the merchants. SO you have the caravan guards killing off the merchants. and the warlocks. and in any case you get the idea that it makes you miss one season of trade.yuppie.
Yes, they might come, it is only realistic that a spy would come with the traders. But do they really stay this long ? They shouldnt turn upon you for about 4-6 months.

You can't change a gen'd world but you might want to gen similar things later. Slogging through several tabs to find what turned itself on or off every time you close the program or change a tileset is tedious.
Seriously, nothing turns itself on or off, all stays like you last set it. The only exception is the tilesets, since they replace the raws, and your settings as well.

Maybe it is possible to add an option to choose with how much dwarfes you strike the earth and how much points you get to prepare for embark. This could be helpfull for rookies or a tough challenge for one lonly rambo dwarf =)
Not possible... but I added the Sandbox/Beginners world with 10.000 embark points and a embark profile for it :)

Under misc features there's a button called "craftsman" and that turning it on adds new reactions to the craftsman, but there is no info on "craftsman" in the manual. Is this craftdwarfs workshop?
Well, yes, craftsman = craftsdwarf.

i'm still on 1.5 - and perhaps this is fixed but you asked for bug reports...
the urn of ashes wasnt finding candles
[REAGENT:A:2:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CANDLE:NONE:NONE] just didnt work
i replaced it with body parts and it's fine - now single candles are stuffed in bags and put into my 'bag' furniture stockpile - so i imagine it's the old 'this is nested too deep to find' problem.
Sad news. I had hoped to avoid that. Maybe by giving the reaction the need for a bag full of candles, instead of candles ? Or I skip the candles all together, and take some vanilla reagent.

I have been trying to create a golem heart, but haven't been so successful in 1.6 (work with no problem, after sacrificing 2 dwarfs at the temple in version 1.5). My sacrifice count is up in 31 dwarfs, and i have only been able to pray for the heart once. Is this a bug or am i missing something the get the Iridium bars from a sacrifice? I Do however get much steel weapons and armor.
Excuse my asking, but where did you get the idea that you get iridium from the temple ? Because you dont. You can trade for golem hearts, and trade for iridium, OR get one iridium bar for every 100 ores you smelted. No other way. The golem heart reaction has a 35% successchance, but you need iridium for it. The sacrifices DONT produce iridium, only weapons and armor.

I found the issue, with the stone vaporization thing turned off, you don't have the file re-adding [IS_STONE] to the raws for those rocks. So therefore no furniture made out of any of those items will be put into a stockpile.
This is a good find, I will add the is_stone optionally back in. I removed it beacuse of the stockpile screen for stone that does not exists ;)

Seems like another bug that I can appoint a high templar with a preacher instead of waiting for a priest.
Thats ok.

Slade turret ammo (copper too i guess) is no longer cleaned, good. But now it gets collected and put into the food stockpile...
This is so random... they shoot inorganic solid_glob made of slade. Slade is not edible or even close to it. I can have a look, again, but dont really know what I could do about it.

(Jokes aside: Raptors dont have graphics in ASCII. Not at all. they are just a black empty tile)
They have no character assigned then I guess. Can be easily fixed. :)

Thanks vherid, for the ascii fix for the inorganic files :) I dont really have much time today, or even tomorrow, but I hope I can offer a little fixed up version in a few days.

PS: Facehugger vermin are a test in balancing. Did anyone had any real problems with them, besides: OMG, TELEPORTING FACEHUGGER ARGH. ? Miners, woodcutter and webcollector should get bitten, but they shouldnt appear in swarms in your kitchen and infect everyone...

I also finished another 11 building guides. :) And made this one, for the upcoming fish farms:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:44:51 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Alobomb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: March 17, 2012, 02:01:00 pm »

Amazing job on the mod dude, I really can not play any other mod, or vanilla for that matter anymore, yours just has so much depth. However, for some reason my 102 dwarf, extremely wealthy fort has never been sieged, I've gotten a single ambush and about 6 thieves/snatchers, but nothing else, I also do have invaders on and all races up to the last "Fortress Defense: Easy" on. Also, if you want an extra person to write the flavor text I'd be more than willing to help out. Anyway, great job on the mod!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: March 17, 2012, 02:15:58 pm »

Which fish ? All ? I fixed the fireflies, but there are several places I can look for fish ^^
So far it's milkfish I've seen, but those are the only fish I've seen as of yet.

I tried to fix it myself by looking at the raws, it's how I noticed the tiles. But the tiles for milkfish are tile 224... just like all the other fishes. So it's quite likely ALL the fishes are being read as tile 160 by some mistake.

The pythons are still blank too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2830 on: March 17, 2012, 02:30:14 pm »

Well, I'll try to fix it, thanks for all the help and reports, makes it way easy on me.

I also would like to report a little RL here, just made a major decision. Rather untypically for me I will split my current trip into two, one will be South-/North-Amerika, then go home for... 3-9 months or something... and then do Asia for another 9-12 months. Not really know how relevant this is to the mod, just wanted to let you guys know. Just booked my flight and in just 6 short months I will be back home ^^ Instead of 1,5 years. And cheaper, too ;) I extended on my route in Northamerica, and will cover about 3 times more ground there, about 12.000km/7500miles, leaving from NY. /offtopic

Anyway, I have a long list of things on my DF to do list, thanks to the reports, and will dive into image programs to get the sprites and transparency right. Plan for the next version is fixing the noted issues, and adding the top 1-5 (?) items on the poll. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 02:41:32 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: March 17, 2012, 02:49:57 pm »

One of my golems has just been elected mayor.  He has the usual requirements of furniture, etc. However! No rooms can be assigned him since he is technically an animal.  Should be an interesting tantrum!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2832 on: March 17, 2012, 02:53:09 pm »

Golem get the NOEMOTION tag, I am quite sure he cant get unhappy. Or happy. Or anything else ;) If the golemmayor proves me wrong, please let me know ;)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 17, 2012, 03:23:40 pm »

so... hes the absolutely perfect mayor?

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: March 17, 2012, 04:23:53 pm »

If mandates are perfect...
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 749