Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835670 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2865 on: March 18, 2012, 04:36:01 am »

The problem is that I like the interaction. Get bitten, turn zombie. But I can give this to other fantastic civs as well, bodystealers, facehuggers, brain slugs (lol), demons, illithids (enslaving the infected dwarves) and so on.
Toady made zombies work better as opposed to this weird mutant civ thing haha.

got it, illithids can replace zombies, with the 'venom' having a chance of 'mind controlling' a dwarf or other creature. 'prepare to be assimilated' wont be a flavor text anymore.

everybody who tries to escape or starts to drown is no vampire, those who stay in the basin are vamps). Strangely nobody started to drown at all and most stayed in the basin, even after the water was 7 tiles deep.

that has... interesting implications about your population....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:38:19 am by bombzero »

Iodinium

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: March 18, 2012, 04:41:52 am »

Quote from: robertheinrich
Yeah about the vampire it seems I was wrong. Just got new victims so it was not the baby suspect after all. I tried the drowning chamber which is mentioned in the DFhack thread (burrow all citizens in a channelled room with ramps on the sides and flood the basin, everybody who tries to escape or starts to drown is no vampire, those who stay in the basin are vamps). Strangely nobody started to drown at all and most stayed in the basin, even after the water was 7 tiles deep.

Have you considered that your entire fortress is vampire?
(the answer is magma)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: March 18, 2012, 05:47:48 am »

Have you considered that your entire fortress is vampire?
(the answer is magma)

It came to mind, of course. But most of them drink booze. So if Meph didnīt touch vampires those should be innocent; I have another 34.05 fort with a vampire who didnīt touch booze for years and became incredibly slow due to the lack of it. Quite annoying, actually, they would make great workers if not for that fact. Probably too great because they never need to sleep eat or drink.

Well, Iīll keep observing the situation... currently I tagged everybody with the nickname "suspect" and clear them once I watch them eat or drink.

Sirmaril

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm from Poland, so sorry for my bad english.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: March 18, 2012, 06:11:31 am »

You have updated the game but you didn't put it on dffd. Can you upload it?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: March 18, 2012, 06:14:26 am »

You have updated the game but you didn't put it on dffd. Can you upload it?
If you are referring to the current fixes, those are for the next release, 1.6 is in fact on dffd. check the main page link.

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #2870 on: March 18, 2012, 09:29:02 am »

Hello everyone!

Along the same lines as the Magma-Safe only workshop. Would it be possible to create a workshop that can only create memorial slabs for active ghosts? Not sure how the triggers/flags work. But if this would be possible it'd be so amazing. It's a bit of a pain to have to go through pages of dwarf names and not knowing which one is already placed or not.

Also, on the subject of memorial slabs. Anybody has any work around to the vampires and/or slabless ghosts?

I've been fortunate as to have only 5 ghosts which cannot be memorialized and they are non-violent ones, except for one that likes to smash statues.

Cheers!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: March 18, 2012, 10:12:30 am »

Is there any way to tweak how sensitive merchants are to attacks? When I have lots of hostile races, it's nearly impossible for caravans to make it all the way to my fortress without one attack. Even if I kill all the hostiles before a merchant is killed, they still flee.  I have had one caravan make it in in the last five years (with dwarfs, humans, elves, and drow). 

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2872 on: March 18, 2012, 10:41:50 am »

Yeah, I cant make my undead be opposed_to_life, they siege, but just stand around the map edge. At least thats the reports I got. You think my poor old (or hugos poor old modded) zombies should be replaced by something more interesting ?

I already want to redo the warlocks (better interactions, see seth cryeds wizard mod), the frost giants (maybe a little less overpowered?) and the automatons (take away guns, give gun-like interaction, give some steampunky interactions) I have so many ideas, on so little time just now... horrible ;)
When I get around to it, I'll be adding Necromancers as a caste to the zombies (liches to skeletons). Making the redunant zombie civ make more sense (clan of necromancers take down a rebelous necromancer in his/her tower) also vanilla zombies I think still have the Hit Point system, so just whack it enough untill it falls down. Where as my undead you acaully have to kill traditionally (braining, decapitaion) adds some more difficulty.

Also for a game balancer, you should make Frost Giants and the like only be triggered by population. Since your mod adds unexpected !!FUN!! even !!FUN!! that players can force on their population (sacrifices) will make it harder to say, reach pop 150 - 200 thus bringing the giants. (unless players can get a massive Brood Mother farm, well then)

EDIT:
For drow they shouls be beef'd up so their merchant guards can make their way safely to depots, of course that means their coming could save a fortress under heavy attack. Well depending on how many are attacking the merchants
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:43:32 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: March 18, 2012, 11:31:41 am »

Third, People have been complaining about the Brick Oven, but I found it vital to get any sort of surface presence open - I had to find a way to seal myself off, because flying enemies attack and kill my fort. I could have just used stone... but that feels ugly. I think that all the Brick Oven does is make it easier to build stuff and have it be more aesthetically pleasing.

I searched the entire thread, and the only person that commented on the brick oven was myself.  I completely agree with everything in your statement above, except the "complaining" part.  Calling other people's feedback "complaining" is insulting, particularly when I stated that I liked the oven as it was. 

Some of the 'comments on the comments' have gotten a bit smug and insulting here.  They're the opinions of your fellow DF gamers, trying to help tune a great mod - respect them whether you argue in support or dismissal of them. 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: March 18, 2012, 02:46:51 pm »

Found a bug I think

One of my dwarves from the second migration wave turned into something not so nice ;) killed everyone else but the fort is still going even though the unit screen says no dwarves live here!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2875 on: March 18, 2012, 02:57:28 pm »

Yeah, transformation does not kill a dwarf, I noticed that plenty while testing. I think berserkers count as well, last dwarf goes berserk, your fortress still runs. Wait for migrants ;) There is nothing I can do about this.

About the non-fleeing dwarves in the drowning chamber: Because of dwarves dodging into water and running into rivers and waterfalls they actually can swim in this mod ;) Therefore wont flee from the chamber immediatly.

If I buff up drows enough that their caravans can breach a siege then that would mean a drow siege would break your fortress. Unfortunatly unbalanced, I will keep them like they are. I also cant mod memorial slabs or how hostile merchants/civs are... all hardcoded.

@sirmaril: Yes, I can upload it, maybe in 1-2 weeks when I actually have done something ^^ I cant make an update for every little thing I do, I update faster then anyone else anyway as it is.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:33:05 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Iax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: March 18, 2012, 05:35:27 pm »

has 1.6 changed the guildhall? or I am i just doing something wrong?  anyone else seen the differences?

in 1.5 you could set up the guild hall and have dwarfs join the legion and then in Dwarf Therapist  in CASTE mode you would be able to see which dwarfs joined the legion, and some of their skills would be improved.  In 1.6 that doesnt seem to work.  I get messages that dwarfs have joined the legion, but they are not on the legion on the cast list, and their military skills have not improved.
The only thing that now happens in 1.6 is that their profession actually changes, (that didnt happen before),.  but now I have a bunch of dwarfs with professions like "Dwarf of the Legion Stonecrafter Legion"   but there doesnt seem to be a way to view this in dwarf therapist.

That profession change in the game makes managing the guildhall profile easier, but what about the other stuff?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: March 18, 2012, 06:54:57 pm »

Love the mod, mainly posting to watch. I do have on issue though. Occasionally my stonecutter's workshop will not allow me to make anything with the abundant amount of schist and mica laying around. If I deconstruct the workshop and rebuild it the stone is usable again.

*Oh and everything is on fire because of a pyromancer thief D:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:19:58 pm by Smitehappy »
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Sibilantjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: March 18, 2012, 07:08:24 pm »

Adventurer here, can anyone tell me what to edit in the raws to allow Badgermen to open doors? Not sure if they're too big to fit through the doorway or lack opposable thumbs or something. The sooner I change this, the sooner I can roam my world devouring civilizations!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: March 18, 2012, 08:02:30 pm »

Wait so are these implemented in the download yet?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or are we still waiting for those?
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 749