Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1835243 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Would be easier to take a landmine, fill it with "will of Armok" and put it out for the invaders to find. Can be done by transformation.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

closedu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

hey meph, that bugfix you did for the jugs and the extra ink do is it sufficient to just patch my raws or do i have to gen a new world for it to take effect?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

EDIT: Since I am in a good mood here you go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60111839/objects.rar Just copy this in the raws and gen a new world.
Seriously ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears

I searched this thread but couldn't see anything for this, is it possible to remove warpstone (or its effects) -after- genning? I started up my fort and am fairly happy with the way it's going so don't wanna start over, but there's several veins of warpstone right where my main entrance plans are going. I even found some unstable warpstone right on my main staircase. I haven't dug it as of yet. :(

I'm a bit of a modding noob so I don't know if changing this stuff is possible? Or what file to look in :$

I know this is wimpy btw, but I only decided after experiencing it that I don't really like it :P
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

closedu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

sorry i'm kinda new to understanding how modding raws actually effects the game - i was most interested in the scriptorium changes and figured if you edit the raws for that particular effect it would work -  ...so would i be correct in saying that whenever you edit a raw in this fashion you must generate a new world to experience any changes you introduced?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@lemmily: You cant remove warpstone after genning a world. Try novice miners for the unstable warpstone, if no rock is created the stuff is harmless. Normal warpstone you can mine btw, it makes the miners only sleepy/drowsy, and they will be fine afterwards.

@closedu: You can change the reactions, so the scriptorium fix should work for you. Just copy the reactions_masterwork.txt and replace the old one. But make a back up of your save first. As far as I know only changing reaction should be fine, but better safe then sorry. And sorry for me being an ass, I did not realize that you only asked about this one fix, not the entire patch I did.

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears

ok thank meph! I'll find my most feeble dwarf and send him in ! sorry Urist mcWeakling!
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can alter the stone bins/barrels(pots) a bit, but only adding more stones is a bit silly. Even with 3 rocks for 1 bin it is still easier then 1 wood. I could use blocks for them. Stone => block => bin. Adds a refining step. Other then that no ideas spring to mind.

ok, i like the block idea, simple to mass produce, but still requires an extra step -> more labor. just didn't want some super complex system for making a storage container.

on the note of anvils... as a fun fact the cold hammer reactions make it possible to make the metal to make an anvil, but theres no way to make an anvil...
the only issue i have with vanilla anvils is it is a bunch of points you either HAVE to spend, or possibly not get a metal industry till year 4.

liking the super weapon landmine idea, could use frags for it, makes the most sense...
also i like the immobile mines, i can just pasture them and forget, not having to worry about them getting pushed off by passing animals and bumping into a kobold thief in my meeting hall. (actually happened, frag mines kill clustered dwarfs quite well.)

closedu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

no offense taken meph - you're doing great work on the mod i've been playing DF for quite some time now good way to relax and zone out heh - its not until recently that i became interested in the mechanics of the game - due to your mod actually..  anyhow i did replace my raws with your file however the ink still seems to stack in my scriptorium - i'm using ROCK JUGS if that means anything.  it happens when i put the make ink order on repeat.. it actually works fine if i make the ink the jug is filled and then taken to stockpile however.. if they try to make more ink while the completed jug is present the jug overfils and the excess ink is created so they dont actually bring another jug if theres one already there wether its filled or not - is this what you tested?

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just like to give my opinion on a few things that has been mentioned. The cold hammering making ores less valuable, I disagree that it takes away from the game, it is EXTERMELY expensive to even try and run a fort that way, the only time I would cold hammer stuff is if I have absolutely no choice and I need the ore immediately. Definitely a last resort type thing.

Making rock bins/barrels more expensive, definitely don't agree with that either personally. Rock pots were even added to the main DF a while back so to me that kind of confirms that an alternative to wood was needed. It's especially hard to keep up with the demand of barrels (sometimes bins) once you get near 100 dwarves. (Just saw the suggestion to make them out of blocks, that could be a decent alternative but all you would need to do is have a mason create blocks on repeat and you're fine. Imo that only makes it more tedious and annoying to create them by simply adding another step to the process)

About an alternative to the adamantine for mage reactions. Why not just make your own custom ore that gets generated in every biome but only below a certain depth (if possible). Maybe have it spawn similarly to adamantine (a small spire of the material) where you have to dig down several levels to get it all. Or make it spawn only in the caverns if possible, like have the some of the cavern walls made out of it.

The other alternative I thought of was to add a new item that every monster drops (goblins, kobolds, humans, elves etc...) at a certain rate (if possible, I don't know if you can create loot tables in DF). So every time you kill a hostile monster you get this item (a soul, essence, or whatever you want it to be) that you use for the mage reactions.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:48:41 pm by Seraphyx »

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BTW, I love the visual cavern changes.

First comment I get on them :) Glad you like it, I thought the extreme RGB difference would put people of. Hope your fort will survive with the water from booze and water from pressed leaf.

Well, here's another comment. I also love the new cavern color changes. I don't think they're extreme at all. The red is a deep red and the blue reminds me of Terraria's glowing blue mushroom areas. The cavern blue is my favorite color of the three, actually. ;)

Edit: You really need to link to the help file from the "Help" menu in the toolbar. Make it the top option and make it obvious that that is the game manual or whatever that players want to look at.

Double Edit: I also patched my game with your mini-release. That was great, thank you!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:52:18 pm by FFLaguna »

Kalsifer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

How come when I use this (amazing) mod, my farming is always screwed up? and yes I have easy farming turned off :)

It seems like it gives me only 1 plant per seed, whereas in normal DF I get 3-4 plants per seed T.T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Today sneaked in a little farming patch of his own. Several people reported in the forum that farming seems to be harder since 34, but no one knows why or how. Quite funny to see actually. ^^ See this thread For now I changed the bin/barrel to be made from blocks. Shouldnt be too hard on you people. About the anvil: I meant making an anvil in the smelter directly from metal bars. Build smelter, smelt ore, take 5 bars, make anvil. Just as a backup for people without homeciv/anvil at embark. Someone must have build this first anvil, you know ^^

New changes:
 - Nerfed reactions in the stonecutter a bit. Mostly changed boulder for blocks.
 - Lowered value of rocktip and gemtip ammo
 - Lowered netherwood value by 30%
 - Changed graphic of Magma Metallurgist
 - Slighty changed the needed ingredients for alloys
 - Removed all direct ore-to-alloy reactions. Now only bar-to-alloy left.
 - Finished 6 more buildings guides
   Arc Furnace, Magma Arc Furnace, Metallurgist, Magma Metallurgist, Blast Furnace, Magma Blast Furnace
 - Added new Blast Furnace graphics.
 - Changed Build materials for Blast Furnace. Instead of 1 Iron bar, now needs 3 Steel bars.
 - Added hugos ABS - Adv. Bone System. Much fun was had that day.

Here the pics for the new buildings, AND a combat report with hugos bone system. This is so awesome, you will love it. :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:04:39 am by Meph »

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile

I am having an issue now where the words in the game will sometimes black out. It is never a whole word or anything always just spaces of words. Could an incompatibility in the graphics i chose be causing this?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

no offense taken meph - you're doing great work on the mod i've been playing DF for quite some time now good way to relax and zone out heh - its not until recently that i became interested in the mechanics of the game - due to your mod actually..  anyhow i did replace my raws with your file however the ink still seems to stack in my scriptorium - i'm using ROCK JUGS if that means anything.  it happens when i put the make ink order on repeat.. it actually works fine if i make the ink the jug is filled and then taken to stockpile however.. if they try to make more ink while the completed jug is present the jug overfils and the excess ink is created so they dont actually bring another jug if theres one already there wether its filled or not - is this what you tested?
Long story short: Sometimes I am a noob. I see the problem, and a missing [EMPTY] tag in the reaction. ^^ Is fixed now. They could use ANY jug, even already full ones, spilling the new ink. Stupid dwarves, stupid me.

New addition: Gem scarabs. Vermin that roams 3rd cavern lvl, drops diamonds of differect colors upon death. But vermin can only be killed be cats/frill lizards. So you need to make pastures down there, and hope your little vermin hunters are not hunted by bigger monsters. Just a little fun something I had in the back of my mind for quite some time. Untested in fortress mode, but I will look for them next time I breach 3rd lvl.

@CT: Press 2 times F11. Or turn truetype off by pressing F12. It is a truetype problem, not caused by the mod. Hope next version of DF fixes it. I like the new Font :)
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 749