Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834717 times)

Prats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry Meph, Did you figure out what cause freeze on embark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I turned Sound OFF and Volume to 0. Got no freezes so far. Seems that it was the .ogg file.

I copied everything, including the music files from the new 34.2 release. But with the horrible internet I have here, I can imagine a CRC error, and a broken file. Like I said, I only had this since I made the new version for 34.2, and it cant be anything in the raws, because it is random, in the same worlds, same embark, same items.

EDIT: Just read todays changelog. This is for the people using long worldgens:
02/26/2012  I fixed a crash from historical figure culling
02/23/2012  Still working on world gen.
02/22/2012 I started in on world gen today. ... fixed some more affiliation and migration errors that were causing all sorts of weird things to happen, especially after some hundreds of years
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:21:18 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I turned Sound OFF and Volume to 0. Got no freezes so far. Seems that it was the .ogg file.

I copied everything, including the music files from the new 34.2 release. But with the horrible internet I have here, I can imagine a CRC error, and a broken file. Like I said, I only had this since I made the new version for 34.2, and it cant be anything in the raws, because it is random, in the same worlds, same embark, same items.

EDIT: Just read todays changelog. This is for the people using long worldgens:
02/26/2012  I fixed a crash from historical figure culling
02/23/2012  Still working on world gen.
02/22/2012 I started in on world gen today. ... fixed some more affiliation and migration errors that were causing all sorts of weird things to happen, especially after some hundreds of years

Yeah I knew about the crash from historical figure culling. Just for some reason I'm getting it far more often with 1.4 than with 1.3 which is why my concern. Perhaps its a DF bug that is being made worse by something in which case 34.03 should fix it fine.

Stock 34.02 definitely has some embark freezes as well that are just nasty. I can typically find a few squares every map I make just by random guessing (roads/trade areas/multi-alignment and savagery areas more often than most).

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph,
Minor bug report for you: the SMITH_STONE turns dwarves into Craft Guild dwarves, not smith dwarves.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph,
Minor bug report for you: the SMITH_STONE turns dwarves into Craft Guild dwarves, not smith dwarves.

How do you use this guild thing?! tell me tell me please, I was trying to figure that but was too distracted fighting goblins so i finally removed the building.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Meph,

How do you use this guild thing?! tell me tell me please, I was trying to figure that but was too distracted fighting goblins so i finally removed the building.

I've been trying to figure that out too. The costs seem weird and (in 1.3 at least) it won't accept coins I minted myself. Plus a legion permit is 5 steel coins but the permit is preserved which makes me think you're supposed to buy these from the caravan.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had no problems getting it to work in 1.4. However take note that each stack of 500 coins is counted as a single unit. 1 bar of metal -> 1 stack.
The Guild Hall requires 5 stacks of any coins to build, and to buy a permit also requires 5 stacks of the appropriate metal (e.g. 2500 sterling silver coins for a smith permit).
You only need to buy a permit for a particular guild once, it is indeed preserved, much like animal armor/golem casts.
Use the Workshop profile to choose which dwarves join which guild.
Hope this helps!

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While we are talking about this, what exactly are the benefits of the guilds?
I heard it gives a boost in XP learning, but is there anything else to this?
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey Meph sorry my question got lost in that barage of bugs lasting 3-4 pages, but how long will dwarves last after having contact with warp stone?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While we are talking about this, what exactly are the benefits of the guilds?
I heard it gives a boost in XP learning, but is there anything else to this?

It allows dwarves to switch castes, some of which provide substantial learning boosts. For example, a dwarf of the Smith caste will learn smithing related skills 2.5x  faster (might be less than that) than an ordinary Dwarf.

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Told my jewler to cut "great shark took" .... crash.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Poch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had two crashes with a windows popup message saying something about a creature error, i can't remember exact message. I'll try to reproduce it.

Another bug i just had : got an immigrant ghost beekeeper. No clue if it is a vanilla or a mod bug.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:32:02 pm by Poch »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Hey Meph Somehow my test 2 gave me unexpected results observe!

Here is the thread in which this Science is being conducted Lifesearch the Confidence of Myth I will be posting a short theory on how this worked and my other tests did not.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had no problems getting it to work in 1.4. However take note that each stack of 500 coins is counted as a single unit. 1 bar of metal -> 1 stack.
The Guild Hall requires 5 stacks of any coins to build, and to buy a permit also requires 5 stacks of the appropriate metal (e.g. 2500 sterling silver coins for a smith permit).
You only need to buy a permit for a particular guild once, it is indeed preserved, much like animal armor/golem casts.
Use the Workshop profile to choose which dwarves join which guild.
Hope this helps!

Helps a lot, many thanks. Didnt know it takes 5 stacks to buy a permit. Should work now as soon as i get my hands on that copper.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Poch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone knows how i can see my dwarves castes ?
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 749