Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834674 times)

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone knows how i can see my dwarves castes ?
In a dwarf description, at the bottom. In 1.4 only about 10% of dwarves are a member of any caste/guild so you might have not encountered such dwarf yet.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wont adress everything, just wanted to pop in, say: 90% of the bugs are fixed, working on balancing and flavor next, and leave again :)

About the worldgen: Only thing I changed in the worldgen settings is 50% the titan number and 30 civs for each world. font think that this causes crashes though. I noticed most problems since moving to 34.1.

I haven't had any problem with world gen crashes on 34.02, and I generated almost a dozen worlds Small or Medium worlds to at least 250 years on Masterwork 1.4 (a couple of those all the way to 1050 years on Small size) with a ton of races enabled. Keep in mind that ToadyOne has fixed at least one world gen crash related to Histfig Culling.

30 civs is good for a Small size world. Also, I have noticed that Orcs have a REALLY hard time surviving world gen. Usually there are less than 100 alive in most of the world.

Suggestion: Please make ALL wheelbarrow/hauler jobs associated with the Alchemy skill or Fishcarving skill again. My miners have all hauling DISABLED so that they can mine all the faster, and it's really sad that I can barely utilize loading/unloading stations because of this.

Is this something I can edit myself in the meantime on an already on-going game? Thanks. ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:35:21 pm by FFLaguna »

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry Meph, Did you figure out what cause freeze on embark?

I had a freeze on embark twice in a row on the same location, so I tried embarking on a different location. It finally embarked and I had a map that was AT LEAST 5,000 z-levels deep. That's five thousand.

The culprit is DF not deleting the "data\save\current" file when you abort world gen. Make sure you delete this folder EVERY time you abort a world so it doesn't happen to you. This will be fixed whenever 34.03 comes out (it's been ten days now waiting on a new version). ;)

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First: I love this mod. And its my first fort using it.

I have "copper" appear out of thin air above ground every season.

The thing is, it doesnt look like the ore (or can be used as such - so i guess RAW confusion or bug) and it gets stored with my food. and eaten...

Thats not really a problem, BUT: my dwarves leave the safety of the fort for this stuff and get ambushed by all sorts of nasties...

any input whats happening or how i can get my guys not to go out for this "copper"?

cheers

Edit: Oh, and they seem to "Clean" outside too ... (not themselves - the area)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:24:26 am by Nimrod »
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First: I love this mod. And its my first fort using it.

I have "copper" appear out of thin air above ground every season.

It may just be, that this mysterious copper is "produced" by my turret pet ... :) okay ... but why is it collected and eaten? (and how do i stop it apart from "removing" said turret)

McFlow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's still really early... but can I get this mod to work with the brand-new 34.02 version? And if so, what steps do I need to take? (I am a high-master computer user, so merging folders or files shouldn't be an issue.)
I embarked on an island, saw the ocean was frozen, and decided to dig a fort in there. I forgot that it wasn't a freezing biome...

Dudemeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, i just looked at the raws and noticed some possible bugs.

In the inorganic_upgraded_metal.txt, all steel upgrades have [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10000], not just fireproof steel.
In the inorganic_zmasterwork.txt, under the [INORGANIC:GOLEM_STONE_somestuff] tokens, only [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:MALE] and [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:FEMALE] are listed, though this could be on purpose.
In the same file, under [INORGANIC:SMITH_STONE] and [INORGANIC:SMITH_STONE_F], are [CE:CREATURE:DWARF:CRAFT_MALE] and [CE:CREATURE:DWARF:CRAFT_FEMALE], where it should be SMITH.

Sorry, if this has been reported/fixed or is as planned. I'm quite new to dwarf fortress and actually have no idea, how transformations/castes work, so these are just guesses.

I'm using masterwork 1.4.

And thank you for the great mod.

Edit: Everytime i change the keybindings ingame, the game crashes as soon as i place a building, instead of showing me the selection for the building material.
And please excuse my poor english.

Edit2: The keybindrelated crash only happens with this mod, not in vanilla df.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:58:59 am by Dudemeister »

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's still really early... but can I get this mod to work with the brand-new 34.02 version? And if so, what steps do I need to take? (I am a high-master computer user, so merging folders or files shouldn't be an issue.)

I'll assume you mean 34.03.

Anyways best bet is to take raws from 34.02, compare to 34.03. Find the changes, from there find the corresponding information in Masterwork and merge as appropriate. Some changes may not need to be made, others will. Some may be just guesswork as Meph may decide that a certain aspect shouldn't be that way and then you'll just need to stick it in a personal mod file to add every time you update Masterwork if you want that change. *shrugs*

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok. New Version... at least that will fix the damn world gen crashes.

I fixed the smith/craft mixup, and the fixed temp on all upgraded steels. Thanks for the two finds.

Otherwise I am making good progress. Here the newest changes. In short:
 - Removed 3 buildings.
 - Added 20 or so new reactions.
 - Reinstituted blueprints, since I now know how to add them as tradegoods to other races.
 - Reinstituted research (for blueprints). Physics Lab renamed to Tech Research Lab.
 - Finetuned drows a bit more.
 - Books for libraries are harder to make. (leather cover+paper pages= blank book)
 - Added hotkeys for all reactions.
 - Cleaned up engineer workshop (the new trap upgrade building)
 - Nerfed coaldust and warpstone (a tiny bit, both still deadly)
 - More GUI Options. More clothing (hurts FPS though), simpler trading, engineer.
 - ALL reported bugs fixed. (except red cave fungus slime. lol. should be blue)

Full changelog(careful, long list)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My todo list is down to this:

EDIT: Of course you have to add: 34.03 compability to the list. And hugos science brought us working slaves, so I will advance on that idea for the drows. Maybe we can buyable slaves after all.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:29:18 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Double post, because of character limit.

I also wrote a little something for the (updated) manual. A full building list, with a short description of what everything does. Several people asked for something like that if I remember correctly: (looks nicer in the manual with correct formats and spaces.)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:44:21 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double post, because of character limit.

I also wrote a little something for the (updated) manual. A full building list, with a short description of what everything does. Several people asked for something like that if I remember correctly: (looks nicer in the manual with correct formats and spaces.)

Sir, thank you for this great Mod!

cheers

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very fast update pretty amazing.

Is this new version available for download yet or are you just letting us know all of the changes?

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok. New Version... at least that will fix the damn world gen crashes.

I fixed the smith/craft mixup, and the fixed temp on all upgraded steels. Thanks for the two finds.

Otherwise I am making good progress. Here the newest changes. In short:
 - Removed 3 buildings.
 - Added 20 or so new reactions.
 - Reinstituted blueprints, since I now know how to add them as tradegoods to other races.
 - Reinstituted research (for blueprints). Physics Lab renamed to Tech Research Lab.
 - Finetuned drows a bit more.
 - Books for libraries are harder to make. (leather cover+paper pages= blank book)
 - Added hotkeys for all reactions.
 - Cleaned up engineer workshop (the new trap upgrade building)
 - Nerfed coaldust and warpstone (a tiny bit, both still deadly)
 - More GUI Options. More clothing (hurts FPS though), simpler trading, engineer.
 - ALL reported bugs fixed. (except red cave fungus slime. lol. should be blue)

Full changelog(careful, long list)

My todo list is down to this:

EDIT: Of course you have to add: 34.03 compability to the list. And hugos science brought us working slaves, so I will advance on that idea for the drows. Maybe we can buyable slaves after all.

If you're up to adding stuff to the to-do list, could we get a flow chart for the industries along the lines of the wiki's? http://dwarffortresswiki.org/images/1/14/MetalIndustry3.jpg

An example of the metal working one, if you marked where the different buildings fit in and same for other industries. Bit of a pain drawing out but would help along with the descriptions.

I love the ore crab idea. Not fond of grazer would prefer age based. Grazer's as whole seem to cause lot of issues, I also have concerns about their fps cost for calculating their pastures).

I wonder, and this is purely pondering, if there is a way to have a building/storage/something that lets you store large volumes of stones in a non fps impacting way. Right now we mass destroy either through building or traditional atom smasher method. Problem is that is permagone. If you decide down the road 'yaknow I really could use that 14000 stones' you're out of luck, you need to find/mine/buy those stones. If there was a way to combine them into say 'Storage Building: 15000 XYZ stone'. I guess the brute force way would be series of buildings that cost staggering amounts of material that could then be later deconstructed to the base stones. Not sure if there is a more graceful solution that would let you then add to it getting Storage Building: 15374 XYZ stones.  Maybe a container built to hold stone alone and just staggering numbers for them but I think the game still treats them as individual objects then and you lose the performance gain of getting the 200k gabbo off the map.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like an awesome update, just one thing.

Loom

Collects webs and weaves yarn, same as always. A little more important in this mod, because you can also use gold/silve/iridium as thread.
I don't actually see why, since strands produced at craft workshop with a bar of metal. But how about make a piece of cloth required for metal strands? Pure silver/gold strands turning into runes seems too easy for me.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh my lord, meph... this is fantastic. i'm using 1.4 and trying to get a sense of all these features - i must admit i don't understand how to use them all, but i'm trying to figure them out. i've got all civilizations here... i'm exited =D

i was wondering, though - do you need any help cleaning up the manual, or making a flowchart for the metalworking and agriculture etc? one thing that concerns me is that if the basic workflow is going to change radically, it will be tough to keep updating the flowcharts all the time... but there are lots of good editors who can help with the manual, and i might be able to pitch in there.

also - some of the raw files seem to be formatted weirdly. there are big blocks of whitespace for no reason that i can divine, and just generally inconsistent formatting. do you want help organizing that sort of thing? it might be scriptable, even...
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 749