Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834134 times)

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - FOR 0.34.1 with Golem Forge
« Reply #915 on: February 18, 2012, 12:01:42 pm »

Yay go away you stupid skulls! :D My left 3 dwarfs have not a chance i have tried to kill the skulls with the 3 but they died in the fight. :'(

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 18, 2012, 12:12:14 pm »

Would adding this make the burning skulls bleed to death, eventually?
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]

And would thier burning their skin and fat off induce enough bleeding to make them die? When the burning skulls entered my map they all burnt thier fat off, and some also burnt thier skin off with it.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 18, 2012, 12:14:45 pm »

Hey Meph,
Just registered to say thank you for all your hard work, I know that I and many others really appreciate it. The new golem reactions in particular sound brilliant.
Keep up the good work!  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #918 on: February 18, 2012, 12:33:33 pm »

And since everyone is so nice to me: The 0.34.2 comptible version is done, skulls are removed (till I have them the way I like it) and the phoebus tileset it updated to the newest version. Just packing up and uploading it.

And I enabled TRUETYPE. If you dont like it, just go to the data/init, go to [TRUETYPE:xx] and write [TRUETYPE:NO] Thought people would like it enabled by default, since Today just fixed it.

EDIT:
This also re-adds wagons, the material size fix, magma/fire-safe tokens and everything else done by quietust and narhiril :)

EDIT2: I just edited the 2 posts... and what do I see ? 6 downloads already, lol.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:48:30 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 0.34.2 - updated phoebus/fixes
« Reply #919 on: February 18, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »

Your just to good to us, who can we not be nice to you. ;) Thanks for the new version, now i hit so long reload till i see the new version. ;D

Edit: okay~ your faster as me by posting, i'm a lil turtle. xD
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:51:04 pm by kizucha »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 18, 2012, 12:49:04 pm »

you include the newest DT?

im gonna go read the last few pages of DFhacks thread to see how they are getting along.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #921 on: February 18, 2012, 12:51:07 pm »

DT updates automatically. DFhack is not done yet, by far...

DFFD will still claim that this is for DF version:0.34.01 since they did not update their page yet. But I put: "for 0.34.2" in the title. Should be obvious, but I dont want to confuse people. (or do I? ;) )

EDIT: Oh yes: What I will do next:
The glyphic/runic weapons.
I will add 2 new attacks with new wording to EVERY weapon.
I will change all upgraded weapons to require runes
I will change all upgraded weapons to have special attacks, with new wording.

This will take a while, but is easy and nice work, since I can be creative, not just hunting bugs. I leave all the new fancy stuff for other people, and wait till people really figure out how to use all this. My golems do work, and I will advance on this, bringing in different metals. Best-case scenario: All metals are possible. (might cut some slack for slade and candy though, both would be slightly unbalanced) I will definetly do gold, steel, and some of the new ones, mithril, wolfram... might do 7 golems, this would lead to 14 reactions, that is the golden number. A workshop with 14 reactions shows all reaction in one page, no scrolling needed. If you look hard at my mod, you guys will find this number quite often ;)

And spread the word, I need more victims testers.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:57:47 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 18, 2012, 12:52:39 pm »

hey are golems still able to be trained into war golems?

because im trying to train some war golems and its not letting me
If Toady implements it, we can kill elves with it.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 18, 2012, 01:01:48 pm »

You are a scholar and a gentleman! Great work!

Starhero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 18, 2012, 02:04:21 pm »

You are a god among mere mortals. You are right next to Toady himself!
Dwarf Fortress, a great game with an even better community!

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 18, 2012, 03:06:04 pm »

DT updates automatically. DFhack is not done yet, by far...

DFFD will still claim that this is for DF version:0.34.01 since they did not update their page yet. But I put: "for 0.34.2" in the title. Should be obvious, but I dont want to confuse people. (or do I? ;) )

EDIT: Oh yes: What I will do next:
I will add 2 new attacks with new wording to EVERY weapon.
I will change all upgraded weapons to require runes
I will change all upgraded weapons to have special attacks, with new wording.

This will take a while, but is easy and nice work, since I can be creative, not just hunting bugs. I leave all the new fancy stuff for other people, and wait till people really figure out how to use all this. My golems do work, and I will advance on this, bringing in different metals. Best-case scenario: All metals are possible. (might cut some slack for slade and candy though, both would be slightly unbalanced) I will definetly do gold, steel, and some of the new ones, mithril, wolfram... might do 7 golems, this would lead to 14 reactions, that is the golden number. A workshop with 14 reactions shows all reaction in one page, no scrolling needed. If you look hard at my mod, you guys will find this number quite often ;)

And spread the word, I need more victims testers.

For LFR I was planning to play around with throwing weapons, which will work by giving literally every one-handed weapon a RANGED token with thrown ammunition that can be unlocked in the tech tree.  Feel free to borrow and play around with that idea.

This also re-adds wagons, the material size fix, magma/fire-safe tokens and everything else done by quietust and narhiril :)

I'm honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as that guy.  No one was more excited to read that in the patch notes than I was.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 18, 2012, 03:31:11 pm »

The mod looks very promising. Can't wait to finally generate a world which will suit my needs.

Very important question though - does the mod support the "evil clouds"? Do they appear normally or not? Haven't seen one yet, tested 4 embarks so far.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 18, 2012, 04:34:07 pm »

How do you craft the runes?  Metal threads, or jewels?

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 18, 2012, 04:55:43 pm »

Thx for the good work!

Don't know if it has been said before, but somes features for the new adventure mode are broken:

Your caracter doesn't wear any clothes
Only dwarf are affected by thirst and hunger, humans, elves... etc are not affected

That's the first two things i noticed earlier, maybe some other features are buggy as well, dunno.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 05:09:15 pm by Whivy »

aantn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 18, 2012, 04:59:27 pm »

I also made an account just to say how awesome this is. I hope Toady incorporates some of this into a future version of the game.

The version number on DFFD is fine.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 749