Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834109 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - FOR 0.34.1 with Golem Forge
« Reply #900 on: February 17, 2012, 06:49:09 pm »

No problem.

I also found a way for dwarves to animate dead. I can make a reaction like this:
Learn the secrets of necromany. This transformes your dwarf into a Necromancer dwarf, I could even give it a custom graphics, custom profession name and so on. (abusing the NATURE_MAGIC and druid names)

He would run around and animate corpses, the same way a normal necromancher does. although I dont know yet if the animated corpses will be friendly or not. I do believe the attack everything alive, no matter what. fun fun fun is too be had... :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 17, 2012, 07:13:47 pm »

so this mod is pretty awesome. but i need to ask is there a way to make it asc2 graphics? i like them better then phoebus now.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 17, 2012, 07:17:27 pm »

asc2

ascii = American Standard Code for Information Interchange :)

Tel Riker

• Bay Watcher
  • [Probably_Alive]
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 17, 2012, 07:18:35 pm »

I have a strange glitch, it seems, it may just be the world I genned, but when I try to talk to anyone as an adventurer, my game crashes and I lose all saved data. Any possible fix?
!!NEW!!

Balistic604

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 17, 2012, 07:22:22 pm »

I had the same problem until I genned a new world.
Dwarf Fortress: The only place you'll find complaints about NOT dying.

Master Catfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 17, 2012, 10:04:26 pm »

Is this just modded raws, or have you altered the game code too?  I'm curious since I haven't ever seen a mod that does things like yours.  I've always wanted to be able to create creatures from workshops.  The idea of mushroom folk that grow new citizens is extremely appealing to me.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 17, 2012, 10:36:00 pm »

Is this just modded raws, or have you altered the game code too?  I'm curious since I haven't ever seen a mod that does things like yours.  I've always wanted to be able to create creatures from workshops.  The idea of mushroom folk that grow new citizens is extremely appealing to me.

The creatures-from-workshops thing is just a newly available trick that was made possible because of the new syndromes added in the most recent release. It's still a bit iffy though, from what I understand of it. You have to make a dwarf work on a custom reaction that creates a material that instantly boils into a gas that then infects the dwarf with a syndrome that transforms him into a new creature. So you can't create a creature from nothing (at least not yet), though reading a few posts back it seems someone proposed trying to transform animals instead of dwarfs. No word on whether that has been tried though.

EDIT: Meph, is there some way to prevent random stray turrets arriving with migrants? Failing that, maybe at least some way to prevent turrets from arriving as pets of migrants? Because while stray turrets are ridiculous but useful, claimed turrets just lead either to heartaches when it dies doing its job, or mass mayhem when a dragonfirebreath turret following its master encounters a kobold thief in the middle of a crowded hallway...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:28:31 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 18, 2012, 01:44:19 am »

use pastures, and place the owned ones way outside your fortress.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 18, 2012, 06:46:28 am »

Hm kay~ first summer 14 burning skulls arrived burnt down everything and yeah... time for a new fortress. :'(

Jemeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 18, 2012, 08:26:46 am »

I think I found a typo/bug thingy.
In the workshop building screen both the Library of Farmwork and Fountain use "alt-f" for the keyboard shortcut.
As well as the Alter or Armok and Archeologist they both use capital "A".
And on the Furnace screen the Golem forge and the Stone Grinder both use "alt-g".
As well as the Metallurgist and the Glass Furnace with lowercase "g"

I haven't hit magma yet so I don't know if any of those are conflicting.

Dawnofdarkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 18, 2012, 10:05:28 am »

has anyone else noticed how the medical library is gone?
If Toady implements it, we can kill elves with it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #911 on: February 18, 2012, 10:18:25 am »

Thanks guys. Just saw a DF 0.34.2... guess I have to do more compability then any bugfixes or new features...

@moisesjns: Not yet. I wait on admiral awesome and his updated tileset changer. What I saw so far was impressive, but it is not for the current version, so patience.

@balistic & riker: I never played adventure mode, so I am rather useless in that regard ;)

@master catfish: something of everthing. Modded exe, new tricks from 34.1, old tricks, dfhack, raws, my VB program... but most things could be done with normal Raw modding, nothing special. I also just read that the patched exe I used before (done by quietust&narhiril) is included in the 0.34.2 update from Today. :) Thought I never see the day that he accepts outside work into a Vanilla DF version.

@poltifar: Yes, disable turrets. Otherwise, no, sry. I am working on the issue. Making them castes instead of seperate creatures would lead to less (1/7) arriving, or I can make them from custom reaction with the new features, but only through transformation. Wouldnt work too well. So you have to live either without turrets, or with free migrant-turrets.

@kizucha: Damn, I forgot about the skulls... I wanted to nerv them, since I removed the inner organs they are rather hard to kill.

@jemeni: Thanks. These are hard to notice for me, since I mostly look at tha raws, and all the buildings are seperated. I will change it.

@dwanofadrkness: Just checked, the settings.exe has it turned to OFF by default. An artefact from testing. Just one click on the button puts it back in though ;)

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 18, 2012, 10:28:07 am »

Yeah meph I was just going to say the same thing as kizucha, I have around ten burning skulls on my map now and they burnt half of it to ashes. once they started drinking my booze though I sent out the two dwarf militia team that had been training since mid-spring. This was all in the first year so the militia wasn't so good, but burning skulls apparently can't do much more then bruise dwarves so they were alright. The dwarves however started leveling incredibly fast, one is now a legendary fighter after fighting a burning skull for 20 days. The way the burnign skulls are now they are just essentialy flaming punching bags which you can manage to keep away from your booze with a militia that is just going to level to legendary training on them. rather annoying but not a bad thing.

Edit: forgot to mention one guy has two broken fingers... any idea if the burnign skulls will ever leave?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:31:53 am by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #913 on: February 18, 2012, 10:41:36 am »

Nope, they wont, they act like animals. Like I said: DAMN, I forgot about those. I will make a 34.2 compatible version today and upload it, so no big problem. I will just take the skulls out for this and do some testing with them later. The problem is that I usually test creatures in arena mode, so I didnt foresee the problems they would cause in fortress mode. I wanted them to boil away booze, not burn down the entire map. 

But as I said, since Today brought out a bugfix, we modders have to do the same. Lets see how much I have to do for .34.2 ;)

dragonly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 18, 2012, 11:15:59 am »

One of the rather nice things about the unkillable burning skulls is the weapons training they promote while your dwarves wail on them. Axelords, Macelord, wrestling masters, all from a single skull.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 749