Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834074 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Who would go and set a trap miles under the earth's surface inside solid rock? :O

Ancient civs that their fortresses have been swallowed up by the earth, just like fossels

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Check the thread. See that someone checked the warpstone raw. Noticed the 3 syndromes. Damn.
Answer to the riddle: Sometimes the dwarves would not get affected, so I added stronger ones, without deleting the old ones, since they do not seem to have any negative effect.

@obolisk: That is the DFFD, not me.

I will make the flavor-clutter-related items optional then, but the other flavor-non-clutter-related items non-optional. (Hope that makes sense)

I am now in Taganga on the colombian coast, and start my trek to the "ciudad perdida", the lost city, tomorrow. This one: Cuidad Perdida 5 days in the jungle, so do not expect me to post here, or code/fix anything. But, to keep this little thread active, I have a little something for you guys: V 1.2 :)

Major changes: Generic wood, silver/gold thread, many fixes, some more flavor, brewery, weaponry, armory, physics lab (unfinished, but gives access to many random items), some GUI changes. Reduced building count by merging ArmorDisplay, Weapondisplay and Display case into one, Slade/ObsidianFactory into one, and Steel Refinery/Magma Siegeworks into one.

Full changelog can be found on the bottom of the first page.

I foresee a bug in the ammo, since I could not make it either. Here a quick fix, if the problem still avails. Just add it to the reaction_masterwork.txt and you are good. This removes the need for gunpowder, which seems not to be recognized as a reagent. Otherwise, buy bullets from the caravan, or from the dead cold hands of killed automatons.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, if human traders bring no blueprints, here a fix:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NOTE: I would otherwise never upload this with these two issues unresolved, but I have no time for testing, and did not want to postpone the upload for a week. Please understand my RL situation. ;)

Plans for the next Version (1.3)
Await DF 31.16 and make a compatible version.
Await DF 31.26 and see what new features I can do.
Add ASCII, Ironhand and Mayday. (postponed again, I know. I really just wait for the next DF version)
Add harder learning (optional) for slower skill learn rates
Add a friendly (evil) race, with evil things to buy. The caravans come very late in the game.
Add a kobold itemcorpse with a lot of loot.
Add runic weapons or weapon upgrades. (using the special attacks I explained a few posts earlier)
Add flavor/atmosphere, this consists of:
   - Make the three caverns distincly different from each other. (Cavern, Lost World, Underground-world)
   - Add civ specific items, armor, weapons and materials.
   - Add more interesting attacks to weapons, for better combat reports.

PS: If anyone can discretely link me to any mods/raws that managed to make a slave-pet race, intelligent, can do labor, equip gear, or anything like that, I'd be grateful. Or, if this is impossible, any slave-related modding. I want to give the new evil civ (in concept stage atm) slave pets to sell.

I also want to thank everyone for the feedback, testing, downloading an playing this. The mod is 5 weeks old, and has over 2200 downloads, 800 replies and 17000 views. Wow.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:49:26 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys I know for a long time people have posted maps they thought were ideal (or amazingly strange/really cool) for vanilla dwarf fortress. I was wondering whether any one has found any good maps for  the most recent masterwork update, I don't mean ideal like a volcano with flux stone and iron and lot of anthracite in a good biome next to a river, but has anyone found any site with at least 2 soil layers and flux stone right underneath that with iron ore and coal that is next to either a river or a brook, I am really quite picky about my embark locations (as you can see) and it might take me 3 hours to find a good place to settle down and start a fortress. So I would really like to see if anyone have found any locations that meet those criteria, could you please post the seed for the world and indicate where the location is, or link to a download of the world (if there is any way to do that…).  Oh and if do have a location with a volcano, flux stone, iron ore, coal/anthracite (no lignite please), next to a river and brook, then by all means please post that!!!

While I am posting I would like to ask if it is possible to make coal and anthracite dust less instantly deadly or crippling. I felt that it didn’t accurately simulate the dangers of mining coal or anthracite because the death was much more sudden then black lung disease, you have to be a coal miner for quite a while in order to catch that, or at least I believe that you couldn’t possibly catch it in under a year of coal mining. Then there is the fact that only a small fraction of anthracite and coal contain the dust and it is easy to distinguish them from the normal anthracite and coal.  A much better solution would be to have all coal and anthracite veins contain an incredibly mild syndrome that by itself is incredibly mild but the effect of multiple syndromes would stack, so your miner wouldn’t die after only having mined out a single vein of coal, but would be surely dead after having mined out 5 or 6.  Also instead of having multiple syndromes just stack on each other, which would allow people to just stop having a particular miner mine coal and anthracite veins when they knew he was close to dying from black lung, you could have the effect of the syndrome increase over time, and multiple syndromes increase the acceleration of the syndrome over time. What I mean with the increasing over time is Urist McMiner mines out one vein of coal and will die in 20 years, mines out another 10 years, and so on, 5,2.5, 1.25, .75, .375, .1875, etc.  to the point where he will just fall over dead. Of course there would have to be symptoms caused by the syndrome between perfectly fine and stone dead, such as coughing, coughing up blood, wheezing, asthma, again etc. What I really want to know is that would DF’s current system of organizing syndromes work for this, and if it could work would it just be way too hard to code?

AND OMG NEW REALESE POSTED IN THE 20 OR SO MINUTES IT TOOK ME TO WRITE THIS!!!!!  :o

and again also
@obolisk: I had the same problem installing the mod, I was using internet explorer, I assume you also are, I downloaded firefox (its opensource so it is free) the download worked, I opened firefox and downloaded the mod from that browser. It worked perfectly. 

oh good god am I long winded this post was as long as the update...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:04:07 pm by Mr. Palau »
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.2 - Generic wood and weaponupgrades
« Reply #828 on: February 11, 2012, 06:21:38 pm »

Damn I have to work this weekend... gonna check it out next week I suppose.
The briefly mentioned different embark races are postponed as well? I know this would be a larger project, just asking.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 11, 2012, 09:28:02 pm »

well i think harder smithing is (still?) broken, but im pretty sure it worked last update.

i just made 2 spear throwers, 2 mail shirts, and a helm from 5 iron bars with harder smithing enabled.

EDIT: other items seem to work correctly, while armor and weapons all only take 1 bar.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:14:08 am by bombzero »

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 12, 2012, 12:28:04 am »

A bug report and a request:

Bug: I received a siege message - presumably from batmen, since they suddenly appeared on the civ screen. Unfortunately there are no bat men anywhere on the map, and thus no way to get rid of the siege tag.

Request: some kind of announcement of what comes out of a rusty armor/weapon/ammo bundle? It's very hard for me to sort through all the armor stocks and figure out what is new.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 12, 2012, 11:09:27 am »

Just wow.... The second artifact i get in Version 1.1 is a roll of iridium barbed wire.... i can barely imagine what this will do :D
Now where are some invaders i can test this on? Need to wait until the caravan guards finish the green glass titan though

echonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 12, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »

This mod is huge and awesome, so maybe I missed something along the way, but my rocktip bolts were not working as they were...

I changed them on mine to the following:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRAFT_ROCKTIP_BOLTS]
[NAME:craft rocktip bolts (25x2)]
[BUILDING:GRINDER:CUSTOM_B]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[REAGENT:B:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:25:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS:PLANT_MAT:ROCKTIP:WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:25:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS:PLANT_MAT:ROCKTIP:WOOD]
[SKILL:STONECRAFT]

That fixed it for me.  Crossbows don't seem to like the custom bolts. Before they were coming out "rocktip  rocktip bolts" but now they are just "rocktip bolts" like I think makes sense and are finally actually being used.

admiralawesome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 12, 2012, 03:31:45 pm »

v1.2 crashes at worldgen during the "Placing Civs" part for me.  There's nothing in the error log, and if I run DF from a command prompt, the only error message I get is "Segmentation Fault."  I've tried with and without the extra dwarven castes: no difference.  I tried paring down the civilizations to just those in entity_cave and entity_default: no difference.  I've been looking at the 1.1 and 1.2 raws side-by-side and nothing really jumps out at me.  I am on Linux, for which there is no DF v0.31.25 "Unofficial Patch" like there is for Windows, so if Masterwork v1.2 works out of the box for you Windows players, I'd have to chalk it up to that.

Aside from that, Decoy.png and Turrets.png still need to be lowercase, but the other image files look okay.

echonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 12, 2012, 03:39:57 pm »

v1.2 crashes at worldgen during the "Placing Civs" part for me.

It was crashing for me as well at first. Often at worldgen then randomly during the game.

I THINK it hast to do with turrets... I disabled turrets and land mines both and have not crashed any since then.  Could just be a coincidence but I was crashing a LOT before disabling those.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 12, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »

I can't make boots or gloves in 1.2 :O

except maybe iridium mittens..
... possibly other things are missing too ... no MAIL armor and only Padded Leather armor ...

my guess is it's related to all these items in entity_default that used to be FORCED but are now COMMON or even RARE

[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:COMMON]
   [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_SHIRT:UNCOMMON]
   [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER:RARE]
   [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_CLOAK:RARE]

[HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:COMMON]
   [HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP:UNCOMMON]
   [HELM:ITEM_HELM_HOOD:RARE]
   [HELM:ITEM_HELM_CROWN:RARE]

[GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS_D:RARE]
   [GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_MITTENS:RARE]

[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_D:RARE]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_LOW:RARE]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:08:15 pm by smakemupagus »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 12, 2012, 05:12:22 pm »

I also cannot make boots and gauntlets, however i noticed that none of meph's custom uniforms include them, so maybe they were removed for dwarfs?

however i also cannot make most cloth items, several leather items, and metal boots/gauntlets.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #837 on: February 12, 2012, 05:16:03 pm »

I also cannot make boots and gauntlets, however i noticed that none of meph's custom uniforms include them, so maybe they were removed for dwarfs?

however i also cannot make most cloth items, several leather items, and metal boots/gauntlets.
The issue would be the "RARE" and "UNCOMMON" next to the item in the entity. Quick fix is to change them to COMMON then regenn

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 12, 2012, 05:24:30 pm »

The issue would be the "RARE" and "UNCOMMON" next to the item in the entity. Quick fix is to change them to COMMON then regenn

Ill do that, its not that i dont think maybe meph did it on purpose, its just that if he did, i dont like it.

Geekkake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 12, 2012, 05:54:27 pm »

I'm sure this has been asked and answered in this thread already, but it's pretty long. Is there a wiki or other resource better than the manual that explains the assorted features and materials added to the Masterwork mod? I picked it up because it looked pretty cool, but it's screwing with my normal fortress procedures in some weird ways, and I also can't figure out, if, say, meteoric ore is better than iron, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 749