Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1834059 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.1.2 - Generic wood and weaponupgrades
« Reply #840 on: February 12, 2012, 06:12:30 pm »

New development on the armor/clothing issue.

i can make some of the RARE/UNCOMMON items but not others....

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 12, 2012, 06:56:02 pm »

Turrets appear to be absurdly OP. I had a slade turret that I got with a migrant wave fighting a siege's worth of zombies all on his own outside my fort's walls. He was at it for years, and eventually killed every last one of them and survived.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 12, 2012, 06:58:10 pm »

New development on the armor/clothing issue.

i can make some of the RARE/UNCOMMON items but not others....

Yes, I think that the RARE means there is a small chance that your Mountainhome has that technology, and if so, then you can make them too too?  I'm putting it back to FORCED for now.  Too bad it takes a world regen, and I don't happen to have a human civ to buy gear from on this map. 

My best guess is that Meph was trying to make it so that the caravan didn't bring so much stuff, not realizing it affects the Fortress too. 

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 12, 2012, 07:14:49 pm »

I'm sure this has been asked and answered in this thread already, but it's pretty long. Is there a wiki or other resource better than the manual that explains the assorted features and materials added to the Masterwork mod? I picked it up because it looked pretty cool, but it's screwing with my normal fortress procedures in some weird ways, and I also can't figure out, if, say, meteoric ore is better than iron, etc.

I don't think there's a wiki yet.  Meteoric is similar to steel quality.

some of the other metals you can read about here
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98196.msg2961440#msg2961440

There is a picture of the workshops that comes separate from the manual, in the download, that might help you get oriented with some of the other buildings

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 13, 2012, 02:20:33 am »

Bug report here. I think you might have changed Burning Skulls; they went from easily dispatched to unkillable. A group of them came, I locked the doors but one managed to get in (even after getting knocked into magma by a copper spear trap). My lone (proficient) axedwarf was sent to kill it. He has been fighting it for a month, and has reached grand master in axes. The friggin' thing has been through magma, and still won't die.

Spoiler: Behold! (click to show/hide)

All he seems to be able to do with his *pair of steel tomahawks* is tear muscle. I've sic'd a warpstone turret after it, now they're both wailing on it.

E: He fell asleep from sleep deprivation so I sent a 'Skilled Fighter' after it. He is now a legendary fighter and proficient wrestler. He also had a nail shattered and is in extreme pain, so it's back to the axedwarf (who is now legendary).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:24:02 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 13, 2012, 02:59:50 am »

I'd say that this skull is *tweaks his sunglasses* scar-y!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 13, 2012, 06:01:25 am »

I found some more bugs for you:
  • Rough wooden doors don't look like doors at all
  • The Manual says "Standarized Animal Materials" and "Standarized Wood", should be "standardized" (under "Hardcoded changes")
  • There is some leftover code from your manual creator, in "Embark Profiles => Craftsmen";
    It says: "New Topic (Press Shift-Enter to insert a line break. Press Enter to add a paragraph return.)y"

I really like wat you are doing with this mod, keep up the great work :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:07:10 am by CheatingChicken »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 13, 2012, 06:08:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, Burning Skull are set alight during the summer. This might be intentional (and hilarious), but it might not be. Just pointing it out.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

JimmyBobJr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 13, 2012, 07:34:12 am »

Man oh man, i loooooove this mod. It is not officialy the version of Dwarf Fortress i prefer to play; even over Vanilla.

I hope that this mod continues to be refined and updated - It would be a real shame to see it all go to nothing.

Keep up the ☼Work☼!
Where is the chemistry
They tried chemistry once.
It created soap.
Dwarves lost interest in chemistry after that.

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 13, 2012, 11:49:41 am »

This object menaces with spikes of rusty weapon bundle

dragonly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 13, 2012, 02:58:42 pm »

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing problems with the candy, and bread reactions, but they do not work consistently.

Once you've milled more than a couple and have them put into a stockpile (inside barrel/bags) they no longer seem to be cookable. They're still in the stockpile, but the make candy and bake bread options are disabled in the kitchen.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 13, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »

he said something about changing temperature syndromes into actual temperatures. so i guess that's what happened to burning skulls.
about their invincibility, blunt weapons seem quite effective against them but still cant kill consistently, plus they get scared off by any significant number of dwarfs.

Electric Love Muffin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 13, 2012, 07:33:06 pm »

Hey, I was just playing around and I really enjoy this mod. I also have a bug for you. When the second caravan arrives from the mountainhomes there are three wagons and several pack animals, still following me? Anyways the all go to my Depot no problem expect after a few seconds of them unpacking their goods my trade depot instantly deconstructs! Very unsatisfying. That is about it. Any idea what is up with that?

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*ultra snip*
@obolisk: I had the same problem installing the mod, I was using internet explorer, I assume you also are, I downloaded firefox (its opensource so it is free) the download worked, I opened firefox and downloaded the mod from that browser. It worked perfectly. 

oh good god am I long winded this post was as long as the update...
Thanks
edit: Okay, so I downloaded the mod.  The menu thing + the map of the area are WAY to big.  I can't see enough of the actual location.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:54:34 pm by obolisk0430 »
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*ultra snip*
@obolisk: I had the same problem installing the mod, I was using internet explorer, I assume you also are, I downloaded firefox (its opensource so it is free) the download worked, I opened firefox and downloaded the mod from that browser. It worked perfectly. 

oh good god am I long winded this post was as long as the update...
Thanks
edit: Okay, so I downloaded the mod.  The menu thing + the map of the area are WAY to big.  I can't see enough of the actual location.

Tab key
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 749