Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833759 times)

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.8 - PHOEBUS/IRONHAND/ASCII/ASCII+
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2012, 09:20:23 am »

ETA on the next update?

Vondrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2012, 11:06:35 am »

I have a suggestion for the mod. Implement a way to make walls and floors "natural" or change the normal floor/walls for other (not buildings because you can't engrave walls or floors if they are not naturals), to keep the visual aspect  of the fortress (say goodbye to the damn f****ng rainbows fortress) and fix ocassionals mistakes  ;D

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2012, 11:47:58 am »

i find the best way to deal with zombies are to have them funnel through a hundred iron battle axe weapons traps, but only for the zombies, everything else i can deal with normally.

Vondrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2012, 12:21:11 pm »

Dear God... ¿how you this amount of weapons to use in traps?  :o

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2012, 02:25:47 pm »

it seems that either zombie blood/remains or the goo they leave behind when they move will make dwarfs sick too, they then eventually suffocate.
I mentioned earlier about dwarfs for some unknown reason having hurt feet, I think this was the reason.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2012, 05:03:39 pm »

Ha, I am not here for one day, and the replies just pile up ;)

To answer everyone:
@stronghammer: Hellfireturret uses dragonfirebreath. It works extremly well against everything, except fireimmune_super creatures, like actual dragons. The problem is that it will burn your own units, your buildings and your gear as well.

@admiral awesome: I did not knew about linux and the graphics. Thanks. By standarizing you mean that they are all lower-case ? It seems that you have done so already for your version, could you sent them to me ? I havent changed anything in the graphics yet.

@nukularpower: I got straight lines in adv. world gen, but NEVER a magma lake/molten rock layer that high. I will do some more testing, but it would be great if anyone else could report that bug...

@zach123b: I am not quite sure what you are asking for... you can add and remove races with my program. The next version should enable you to select them one by one, out of over 20 races.

@mitchewawa: Thanks for the spelling error find. I made golems slow so that they cant follow escaping units, and are really bad at hunting and pursuits. I did not know that the speed also affects  the fighting speed. Another reason for that behavior could have been that a zombie wrestler had the golem in an armlock...
The Prophet of Armok should get some special abilities, but since he is unfinished I made him appointable by the player. If you dont like the mandates, dont appoint one.

@se5a: Zombie bites have about a 50% chance of infection, and most of them should not be deadly. About 1 in 8 should kill. And they cant bite through metal armor, at least they shouldnt... but yeah, I brainfarted a bit at the design. I wanted a race that drops no loot and no clutter. So I have melee only fighters, but because they cant bleed to death, crossbow dwarves are useless against them. I will nerf them for the next release.

@jiri petru: Dont you stare lustfully at the zombie ladies in the morgue ;) But thanks for the suggestions, I will test them out. And yes, it does include the ironworks. :)

@broseidon: It is done when it is done. But sooner then 14 years, no worries.

@vondrak: I dont think that this is possible... if you want walls of the same color, build them out of the same material.

@se5a (again): Nope. zombie extract works on injection. Thats why the blood does not transmit, only the bite... The combat log should show: Injects ghoul saliva. But I was wondering about the hurt feet as well, I got 2 migrants with those. I was playing on a glacier, and they arrived without shoes... maybe frostbite ?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

And now finally, what I came here to write ;)

Bad news... I did some work on the mod, and then did testing, with different tilesets. Of course the settings program just takes the UNCHANGED tileset raws and copies them over my new, modded ones. Everything I did in the last 2 days is pretty much gone, or mixed with unchanged raws. Total chaos. I am back to V.0.8 -.-

Because of this I started cleaning up my damn folders. I had +20.000 files and 2gb of stuff, just for this mod. Now it is down to 12.000 files and 700mb. I have to write the VB-program, then test this, alter the raws so that the VB program finds the right lines, test again, and any raws I mod I have to do 4 times, for every tileset. I have 4 copies of everything; the Current-, the Modding-, the Testing- and the Backup-Versions... plus 4 vanilla DF Versions, for each tileset, to compare the changes. I hope you understand if I take a small break. ;)

I will read and post in here, note all the bugs, and might upload a bugfix for V.0.8 But it will take quite a while till I upload a V.0.9 The first thing I have to do is rescue what I can from the raws that have not been replaced, and then test what works and what does not. The main problem with testing is that there are so many different options. In the new GUI I am working on there are over 100 ON-OFF settings. This makes over 5000 combinations possible, for each tileset. 5000*4=20.000 combinations in total. I test only two of those, All Settings:ON and All Settings:OFF. For one tileset.

My modding routine will look like this: I will mod only one tileset, and when I am done with V.0.9 I will use winmerge and beyond-compare (two new programs I found, that will help me changing the raws to other tilesets) to add Ascii, Ascii+, Mayday and Ironhand. Modding will be continued, like before, on a Phoebus 31.25.v23 version.

Other things regarding the mod: I will change the metal upgrades. Currently there are way too many. I will just allow upgrades for steel, and put it all in one building, the Steel Refinery. No one with access to magma will equip his soldiers with copper or bronze...

I would also like to add special items dropped by megabeasts, that allow to create a single, very powerful item. Same goes for custom demons that I will to add to hell.

Fake-edit: I think I have found a solution for my problem. I dont have much time right know, but I would like to offer a bugfix. Almost 200 people have downloaded the mod in the last two days and quite a few things are not working like they should. I opened a seperate thread and made a list with all the known bugs. Maybe a community effort will help, where I alone cant make much progress. Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=99299.0

To explain my situation a bit: I am a traveller, I have little influence over when and how long I do have internet. Whilte staying in major cities like Bogota or Quito, in hostels with Wifi, it is easy... next on the list for me is the ecuadorian coastline, little villages on the beach. I dont know about internet there ;) I will work on this, no worries, just so you dont wonder when I am not online for a day or two. Or three ;)

Thanks for the feedback, as always. You guys are a great motivation to keep going :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2012, 06:18:52 pm »

@se5a: Zombie bites have about a 50% chance of infection, and most of them should not be deadly. About 1 in 8 should kill. And they cant bite through metal armor, at least they shouldnt... but yeah, I brainfarted a bit at the design. I wanted a race that drops no loot and no clutter. So I have melee only fighters, but because they cant bleed to death, crossbow dwarves are useless against them. I will nerf them for the next release.
you might want to double check the math on these then, I'm seeing every bite as a kill.
am I correct on the blood/grime infecting? it could also be the warpstone turret... fluid that's causing problems
I've got a now useless hallway and a stretch of ground outside my fortress which I've had to make a restricted traffic area and forbid everything in.

thanks for this mod and all the hard work, it's playable on my netbook which is great!

also, is it normal for dwarfs to pen/pasture animals without having animal hauling? this is when I'm trying to get my broker to go to the trade depot of course.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:21:25 pm by se5a »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2012, 06:36:05 pm »

Not too big a deal but you have my tileset as the .png curses_square_16x16, where as my tileset is 10x10 so that's also a little misleading. Unless it's just because of the way you coded things.

slawr34

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 20, 2012, 06:47:18 am »

Does this come with Therapist?

Seriously. I cannot live without therapist.

GIVE ME MY FUCKING THERAPIST.
I'm keeping the necromancers busy by feeding them children.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2012, 09:25:48 am »

Yes but you can always download it if it didn't.

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 20, 2012, 01:03:11 pm »

Zombies are a bit too strong in my opinion.

For me at least they always siege at around 15 population after my first migrant wave and they are pretty very tough to kill.

I used the embark hack thing that allows you to embark with more than 7 dwarves and i put my points to max.

I had 5 dwarfs in full iron all with proficient in all military skills and they still got rolled over.

If the zombies came later it would be fine, but i think 15 population is a bit too early.

And as always thanks for the mod the cave civs are a cool idea.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #416 on: January 20, 2012, 01:13:26 pm »

For me at least they always siege at around 15 population after my first migrant wave and they are pretty very tough to kill.

I used the embark hack thing that allows you to embark with more than 7 dwarves and i put my points to max.

I had 5 dwarfs in full iron all with proficient in all military skills and they still got rolled over.

If the zombies came later it would be fine, but i think 15 population is a bit too early.

If you think they come too early then goto entity_undead.txt and up the
    [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:1]

to 2 or 3, basically these guys come around when kobolds do (which is right away)

my zombies are triggered at this time

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:2]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:3]

Because Meph's zombies are just modified versions of mine, my zombies bites only cause bleeding (alot sometimes if bitten on many BP's)

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 20, 2012, 03:13:08 pm »

If you think they come too early then goto entity_undead.txt and up the
    [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:1]

to 2 or 3, basically these guys come around when kobolds do (which is right away)

my zombies are triggered at this time

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:2]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:3]

Because Meph's zombies are just modified versions of mine, my zombies bites only cause bleeding (alot sometimes if bitten on many BP's)

Alright thanks a bunch

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #418 on: January 20, 2012, 03:20:30 pm »

Yep, zombies will be nerfed in the next version. They currently should attack at 20 dwarves, but I had sieges as early as first summer.

Edit: Animal hauling only counts for cages as far is I know. Animal pasturing is done by anyone, like deconstructing walls/floors

There are no problems with fluids or other things infecting things that they shouldnt. I fixed the hurt feet+suffocation bug, it was friendly fire from landmines. Migrants arrive with frag landmine, landmine melts (fixed that as well) and get hit by shrappnel, impairing function of heart or lung. And hurt feet, because doe, they stepped on a mine.

Here is the changelog of the current progress.

Added new arena.
Deleted all tileset folders, for security reasons. Will make new ones, when V09 is finished
Sorted my entiry folder structure.
Fixed landmine body
fixed forst giant body
Splitted buildings in sub-categories
Splitted creatures in sub-categories
Tweaked landmine explosions. Now: vs. dwarves about 30% death rate.
fixed spelling error in zombie file
lowered severity of zombie syndromes
fixed hurt feet and suffocation problem, yeah. :)
fixed the sprites... again.
nerfed meteoric iron, now ore:100, but smaller clusters.
Added fossils

New GUI is finished.
 - Added a ton of new options
 - Added links to a selection of utilities
 - Added the new DFHACK - hopefully no more virus alerts
 - Added a fancy new init editor
 - Added buttons to directly start dwarf therapist, soundsense and the init editor
 - Added a Feedback button, that redirects you to the forum thread

Added foreign weapons to the Fortress Defense Races, to avoid error logs if human gear is deactivated. These new weapons are too big for dwarves, you cant use them.
Removed Firestone turret.
Added high population count and ubiquitous tag to every creature. That fixes the issue that certain wildlife might die out after a few years of gameplay.
Added [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SCALE] [LEATHER] [ITEMS_LEATHER] to scale for Scale armor.
Chitin armor works.
Added shell tag to feather, as a backup for moods.
Changed metal upgrades. Now aviable:
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:FIREPROOF_STEEL] (does not melt)
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:BATTLE_STEEL]    (+15% edge or armor)
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:LIGHTWEIGHT_STEEL] (-90% weight)
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:HEAVY_STEEL] (+30% weight)
Nerfed picks
Added battlepick, more powerful. Uses 2 bars to make. At embrak it is about 50% more expensive than a normal pick
Added ice landmines. They freeze (unconsious) enemies and have a low chance of killing them (suffocation)

Poll Results:

Code: [Select]
Hell. New demons, plants, trees, pets and items in hell. 13 (15.7%)
Settings. Split the settings into smaller parts, for more combinations. 6 (7.2%)
GUI. Make settings for: Embark, Worldgen, Arena, Key bindings, announements. 12 (14.5%)
Features. Add more content, buildings, reactions, fossils, monsters. 16 (19.3%)
Graphics. Add Maydays tileset and different color schemes to select from. 8 (9.6%)
Bugfixes and Balancing. (I even found more vanilla bugs to fix  ) 28 (33.7%)

What I'll do next:
Bugfixing is ongoing, I did a lot of balancing and fixed 6 bugs. And ALL bugs in the new GUI. Cant find a single one anymore.
GUI: Next GUI Version is finished.
Hell: I will start to work on the hell rewards. Demons are in already, next is plants and trees.
Features: I made a new poll, to see what you guys want. :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:04:49 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #419 on: January 20, 2012, 06:01:29 pm »

Just a little update: I made 3 items for hell, a pet, a plant and a tree. Here, what do you think ?

A tree with wood that is half as dense/heavy/strong as slade. Awesome for armor and weapons. Or ballista bolts :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Super mushroom that makes extremly valuable booze:

Candy cotton beetle, lays candy cotton eggs.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 749