Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833739 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.8 - PHOEBUS/IRONHAND/ASCII/ASCII+
« Reply #420 on: January 20, 2012, 06:09:49 pm »

It's adamantine, both the name and the adjective. If it's the metal, it's adamantine. If it's an object that is made of adamantine, it's adamantine.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #421 on: January 20, 2012, 09:47:42 pm »

Is noted.

Doing a bit of research about realistic metals to include. Found a small problem: Wolfram, Titanium, several alloys... they all would need special buildings and be produced out of minerals with completely unrelated names. Not everyone knows immediatly that Ilmenite and Rutile are needed for titanium.

If I just add a natural mineral called Titanium with titanium metal as ore, that would be understandable for everyone.  But everyone who knows something about metalworking would crucify me.

I think adding 3-5 new metals, 1 building and several alloys to the adv. metals is enough ?

To go down the list:
Code: [Select]
More gems No idea. Gems are purely ornamental, except I make a custom reaction for some
More soils No idea. They are purely ornamental.
More stones Ores for new metals, maybe 5 ? Mithril, Titan, Wolfram, Cobalt, Chrome
More Metals The 5 mentioned above, plus another 5-10 alloys.
More weapons Primitive weapons, shovel and woodcutter axe, dual wielded weapons, ?guns? ?
More Armor Not much more possible. New additions would be more ornamental then everything else.

Special mention for guns... could add gunpoweder, salpeter and acids, and make a gunsmith. Creates muskets, bayonet muskets, handcannon and flintlock pistols (very simple, real life pistols)

After the zombies have been nerfed I noticed the design flaw in a melee only race that is immune to ranged weapons. I would therefore like to include a new race that can be fought with ranged combat.

Zero's Warlocks, slighty changed. A race of humans with magic powers (breath attacks) that wear only cloak, mask and a staff (for weak melee combat) They attack with syndromes, but totally different from the zombie bite. Each caste of warlock would have a different syndrome, representing magic spells. These are rather weak, but do have an area affect.
They are normal humans otherwise, and bleed to death, feel fear and can be caged.

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:01:41 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 20, 2012, 10:59:37 pm »

You need throwing weapons is what you need! Linkeh: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4844617/item_weapon_throwing.txt
Made by me in a few minutes.

Note: barely tested, impossible to distinguish launcher from ammo then they're on the ground ;)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #423 on: January 20, 2012, 11:10:32 pm »

You need throwing weapons is what you need! Linkeh: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4844617/item_weapon_throwing.txt
Made by me in a few minutes.

Note: barely tested, impossible to distinguish launcher from ammo then they're on the ground ;)

Very nice... It is close to my throwing weapons. But not close enough :P

Muhahahaha
My bone axe throwing dwarves with steel battle axes(t) are very dangerous to unarmored foes from afar, and deadly to armored and unarmored in close range :P you can also tell the differece between weapon and ammo

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 20, 2012, 11:23:45 pm »

Very nice Hugo. One question though, in [ATTACK:EDGE:20000:4000:slash:slashes:short sword:1250] does the "short sword" part prevent the attack from coming up as "Urist McWarrior slashes the kitten in the head with the short sword(t)!" in combat logs?

I have thought for a bit about making throwing hammers that can be made out of stone. Now that would be sensible and dwarfy. The problem now is, which stone has the highest density for blunt combat? ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #425 on: January 20, 2012, 11:32:26 pm »

Slade.

btw: Iam having the hardest time making the other tileset versions of this. It is total chaos... anyone knows a good solution ? even winmerge and similar things are useless, since I renamed or moved many raws.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2012, 11:34:57 pm »

Very nice Hugo. One question though, in [ATTACK:EDGE:20000:4000:slash:slashes:short sword:1250] does the "short sword" part prevent the attack from coming up as "Urist McWarrior slashes the kitten in the head with the short sword(t)!" in combat logs?

I have thought for a bit about making throwing hammers that can be made out of stone. Now that would be sensible and dwarfy. The problem now is, which stone has the highest density for blunt combat? ;)

The combat report would be "Urist McDwarf slashes The Kitten in the lower body with the short sword of his throwing knives and iron short sword(t)!"

I did this because seeing "Urist McDwarf slashes The Kitten in the lower body with his throwing knives and iron short sword(t)!" makes me feel like he use used both at once... Wait a tic... Thats a fine idea for more attacks for my dual weapons.

As for a good grade of stone, I'm sure they are all equal (except Gold nuggets/Silver) also Stone ammo does not get stock piled :/ Also Meph is right SLADE but that cannot be aquired normally

Ashnal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 20, 2012, 11:41:20 pm »

Yeah, that's why I kept my names simple. Combat logs are naturally wordy in DF and having dual weapons just makes the problem worse. As it is not being able to tell them apart on the ground isn't too much an issue since your dwarves can tell the difference when using and gathering them.

Might be annoying in adventurer mode though.

EDIT: Another fun idea I got while browsing the forum. Gems are naturally hard right? Well, what about crafting armor from hard gems?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:52:44 pm by Ashnal »

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2012, 12:32:24 am »

Ok after quite a few embarks (mainly my stupidity results in the destruction of my fortresses) I noticed a few things:

in the "Cursed Urbog" seed, If I embark in anywhere terrifying, after a short time Dfort crashes (unsure if already mentioned). Not sure if thats just that seed or the entire game itself.

the "Earth" seed doesn't seem to work, rejects an incredible amount of worlds before a message pops up saying somethings up with the world gen. If you click ignore it just starts over again.

I have no idea where to build wheel barrels at, care to explain? :D

As I mentioned above, if I build using the new options of creating magma safe materials (floodgates, doors, mechanisms, etc.) it comes out as an unknown material (namehere). Still blocks magma though, so it IS working, just odd names.

Also, I don't care when you do, but do you think you could make a section in the manual about the plants? I have no idea what these new greenies do :( (discovered you can eat green lichens, grows quick too in my opinion :) )

Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2012, 01:26:08 am »

i meant could u make it a easier to add custom civilizations to this? like having an additional button for custom civs as u have for the evil civs or additional items

say i add a spider guy civ but later on i get bored or there imbalanced, instead of going through the raws to remove em' i just have to click on some button/check box... sounds lazy and it is but on a larger scale it would save some time.  say i wanna play a fully different mod like regen i could just modify a little to make it so i could just tap a button to change it
make it a bit easier to go from complete beastman world back to a dwarfy utopia in cursed urborg
would b cool to make changing the civ_controllable easier too

only effects world gen and cuts a few corners but..u could have magma tech in 1 world then beastmen in another in the same mod :O
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #430 on: January 21, 2012, 09:31:20 am »

@mister dirks: The swamp world crashes ? I will have a look. I hate things like that, they dont show up in the errorlog, and you never know what is causing it.

wheelbarrows are tools, and are build where all the tools are build: At the craftsman.

I did fix the unknown material bug, it now creates generic items. But Quietust mentioned in another thread, that the magma-safe tag is broken, and acts as a fire-safe tag, so things you build there might not always be magma proof. I did build two big magma traps, and had no problems though. I will do testing.

@zach123b: Ehm... this is not how it works, sry. I could make other races embarkable, as an option, but for you to add custom races ? To the raws, yes, to the settings.exe: No. You cant change the code, it is a compiled program...and tap a button, to play regen instead of masterwork is a bit unrealistic. I altered EVERY vanilla raw, except the lannguage files and the descriptor patterns. 

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 21, 2012, 10:22:57 am »

I could make other races embarkable, as an option
That would certainly add to the awesome factor.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 21, 2012, 12:38:50 pm »

Do undead attack other civs on the map during an attack or siege? If not, what file can I change so they are an enemy to everyone and will attack anyone even orcs? Trying to up the chaos factor...

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:05:34 pm by dagger »

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 21, 2012, 03:55:50 pm »

Huh, regenned the swamp world, now its working perfectly. God zombie turkeys are annoying.

the Earth world still acting odd though

Question: My dwarfs will not load stone in the loading station? Got a wheelbarrow and plenty of stone around, but no one does the task :( . I got 10 dwarfs idle, and even tried to activate every job, but to no avail Me being stupid, I forgot about the Alchemy skill :D works perfectly now

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:46:00 pm by Mister Dirks »
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 21, 2012, 04:09:01 pm »

gotya, just wondering if u could.  like allowing the program select the files for world gen, thanks for the reply :D
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 749