Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1833728 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - V.0.8 - PHOEBUS/IRONHAND/ASCII/ASCII+
« Reply #390 on: January 17, 2012, 07:36:07 pm »

No idea why it's doing this, but ESET Smart Security is reporting the RAR as infected with multiple threats O.o and the stupid thing wont let me restore it =/

Yeah, I had that problem with DFHack too. Known false-positive. I had to uninstall ESET to get it to work.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #391 on: January 17, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »

No idea why it's doing this, but ESET Smart Security is reporting the RAR as infected with multiple threats O.o and the stupid thing wont let me restore it =/
That is just the DFHack ".exe"s, anyway you can temporally disable your AV? now this is Bad advice no matter what, but I had the same issue and I did a full-out indepth scan and my PC is still living.

Teh Zip File

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 17, 2012, 07:54:17 pm »

Avast says the old version of DFHack is a virus but I can still extract it, it just deletes the dfattach.exe. I just put in the new version of DFHack.

If you can't disable your anti-virus without uninstalling it you have a terrible anti-virus.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 17, 2012, 11:42:31 pm »

Major FPS drop in the reclaim fortress. Probably because of scattered clutter all over the map.

This is something that has been bothering me a lot.  I started a new game and got one of the best embarks I've ever seen - a gentle valley with a volcano open to the air on one side (literally, you could just build a pump and flood the map with lava right off the bat.)  It had a little dirt mound right in front of this open side, so I came up with this badass gateway using bridges from this little hill to enter a fort built in the volcano, and used DFHack's fastdwarf to floor over the top of the magma and build a few random things.  I didnt bring any food on this embark, so the dwarves didnt last long, but I was planning to reclaim anyways - I just wanted to get the entrance built before they kicked it - since flooring it over without fastdwarf would take hours and hours.

Anyways, the original dwarves stoically starved themselves to death, slapping down floor all the while.  However, after reclaiming, the FPS is atrocious.  I've reclaimed many, many forts in DF, and never had a drop like this.  In fact, it's the worst FPS I've ever had, I think - with only 7 dwarves.  Even with all items forbidden using area designations outside the fort (and remember, there were only 7 dwarves that all starved to death originally building floors, they did nothing but mine and build floor - so there really isnt any trash, not even food)  it still happens.  I tried turning off temperature, weather, setting traffic paths, changing print modes, everything - but nothing will get the FPS up.  Really makes me sad because I loved this embark :(

I can't help but think there might be something funny going on here with reclaims after reading you post that, and after my earlier reclaim problems I posted about before (constant lockup in DF after a friendly gremlin appeared in my fort, reproducable every load)

edit:  hmm... this case in particular might just be goofy.  Used reveal to show the map, and as it turns out, the magma sea starts a mere 20 z levels down and magma is actively flooding the caverns all over, and even flowing into HFS...  Guess its time to look up that dfhack fluids thing.  So much for the perfect embark :(

edit again:  Something definately went really wrong during gen here.  All the stone below a point is in perfectly rectangular zones, magma sea is barely below the surface, caverns underneath the molten rock being flooded with lava, 2 candy (I think - "unidentified material?") tubes dumping lava into HFS, water in the molten rock, and again, perfectly rectangular areas of stone all over the place... do the mineral settings play nice with world gen?  I had them all off when I made this map, had no aquifers on though..
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:38:53 am by nukularpower »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #394 on: January 18, 2012, 11:54:07 am »

@stronghammer: it has been mentioned, a ] is missing in the landmine body detail plan. Although if I run them in arena or frotress mode they do not explode. Weird. I fixed the bodyplan though. And dragons should only be aviable through elves, this is the first time that someone has an elven warbeast on the map. Maybe you got lucky with the biomes ?

About the tiles: Which tileset are you using ? I only run and test with phoebus, but the graphics for the new creatures are the same with every tileset.

Modding and bugfixing with 4 different tilesets is a nightmare btw, I have to do every change 4 times ^^

@ewhalecancer: No bug. Feature. Meteoric iron is as strong as steel, but check the ore. It should say: Ore of meteoric iron, 10%. You need to smelt 10 ores, to get one bar. I added it for people who cant produce steel (no flux for example) Next version has just smaller deposists, but 100% chance for a bar. (I will do some testing with higher numbers as well, make a dense ore that creates 2 or 3 bars. That would be awesome.

@jiri: Planescape Torment for the win :)

@nukularpower: I had similar experiences. Straight, cut of geography. But this is a worldgen thing, nothing that I could change with modding. I found weird things in the molten rock, or cavern collapses at embark. I "think" it is one of the adv. worldgen settings. I took the volcano, the swamp and the biome map from the wiki, and these show those strange results sometimes.

@ALL: I have finished about 50% of the new settings program. I fixed the landmine body, nerfed the undead (weaker zombies), added fossils to find, changed meteoric iron (100% ore, but smaller clusters) added the new arena...

And I feel quite sorry for everyone that there are so many inbalances in this mod. It is still BETA though, and I am certain that by release V1.0 I will have fixed that :) Thanks for the reports, they help a lot. Would be even better if you could post which tileset you use.

Current progress on GUI, green is done, yellow is WIP, red is unfinished.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will now do the links for the utilities and fix the mentioned bugs. A bit RL: My girlfriend managed to infect me with some kind of flu, and tomorrow we'll run the Tren de Nariz del Diablo, a famous train through the andes here... so dont expect too much progress ;)

EDIT: Funny. Most requests along the lines of: Could you add a setting for this, or disable that... but the point: More settings, that I am working on right now has the lowest amount of votes in the poll. ^^
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:24:56 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 18, 2012, 12:19:47 pm »

lol ya must be really lucky as i just got a second dragon, also i am using the graphic set that it comes with, phoebus

admiralawesome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 18, 2012, 03:06:15 pm »

Meph, for future versions of the mod could you standardize (preferably all lowercase) the creature graphics filenames, extensions, and references to them in the graphics folder?  Those of us that play the mod under Linux get a bunch of crashes at worldgen because many of the creature graphics filenames don't match due to differences in case.  It's easy enough to change, but as rapidly as releases are sometimes made, it can become tedious for end-users to fix repeatedly.  Other than that everything on Linux seems to be okay so far.  Linux users can run the Masterwork Settings application with Wine, though they may have to install a version of Mono for Windows.  For me, this was as simple as running the command "winetricks mono28".

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 18, 2012, 04:18:43 pm »

Hmm.. it seems that every map I gen with this mod has this prob, actually.  I'm using default worldgen, not advanced - but the magma sea is always very high up.  I'm not sure how you measure height, but I use the number in the bottom left for my own reference.  I just tried 3 more worlds just to test, and on the latest (just for example) the surface is 146, and the magma sea is at 116, a mere 30 levels down.  The map stops at 90, where normally it goes to -6, i think?

Either I'm getting very lucky or something is messed up there - cuz it doesnt happen with mods like LFR.  I'm pretty sure from what I've read/you've said that mods can't directly effect worldgen, but I'm just wondering if some stone distribution changes might be altering how the world is put together.

Phoebus tileset, if it matters.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 18, 2012, 05:49:10 pm »

hey i've been messing around with mods a lot lately then found this masterwork application(?)/mod which made me wonder

could u add a scroll bar for multiple races with check boxes next to them for world gen, so say i could have 2 custom races, elves and a few evil civs when i make a new world, maybe a warning saying if there isn't a playable civ for fortress mode

to make it simple have a txt file with the list of civs names and files that go with them, just an idea
maybe just a list of files that u can choose to be in the game, possibly open up some errors if used wrong

atm i have a few mods on top of the raws and now i have a hard time finding a world with the right playable civ :P
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2012, 07:04:33 pm »

Got it working, loving the new worlds and embark profiles. Just started a fort, and ill edit to see how it goes.
Also, I had no idea you could mass dump/reclaim items. Thanks for putting that in the tips =)

Edit: anything with the Magma Safe factory comes out as a unknown material. It still keeps the good stuff at bay though
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:03:28 pm by Mister Dirks »
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!

Ewhalecancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2012, 07:53:59 pm »

So far loving this mod. Nice and challenging and much more end fortress play than other mods keep up the good work. keep it up.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 19, 2012, 12:13:12 am »

OMG i love the hellfire turret. I had a tunnel entrance about 10 squares long two wide. Goblins charged into it about 7 of them, the hellfire turret fired once, and made every goblin scattered about the length of the tunnel simply disappear and leave their items behind.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2012, 04:09:11 am »

I've noticed some irregularities with some of the things in this (awesome) mod:

1. Golems seem to be too slow to take on anything. Not in a movement sense, but in combat. They rarely attack. Three zombie wrestlers have been biting a steel golem for about two months, without a single counter attack. Also, I think this was on purpose, but they don't gain in combat skills.

2. The 'Prophet of Armok' behaves like a high-level noble (while only needing meagre quarters). They are utterly traumatised by a mayor with a fine set of rooms. They make [MANDATES] with the speed an variety of barons. For example, one in a while a mayor will pick between the easiest two of his likes and make a mandate out of it. A duke chooses between around five of his likes, and in much faster succession. The prophet behaves like the latter, which is strange for one whose only needed holdings is 'meagre quarters' (and whose role isn't very apparent).

Still, great job with the mod. Love how you added Genesis!

E: 3. Zombie Goblins; "A golbin (not my misspelling) turned undead. Even in death they are nimble enough to avoid your traps."
To be fair, they weren't nimble enough to do that in life, so why are they more nimble when undead?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:11:53 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2012, 04:15:03 am »

Can zombie bites be treated? if so you might want to look at increasing the length of time it takes to die of  a bite.

man I thought I had the perfect fortress, but I've just lost a few dwarfs, one of them insisted on walking under a bridge as it was being lowered, and another marksdwarf fired apon a zombie outside of the fortress, which dodged, then fell into the fortress, then got bitten.

guess I'll have to re-think that design...

marks dwarfs don't seem to do much vs zombies I've found, lots of damage but no kills (though I guess it's good for training) and closing with them pretty much guarantees a bite.

aaand then, I flooded the blocked off hallway, which pushed the zombies through some fortifications, which meant the death of half my marksdwarf squad. screw this, I'm cheating and going back to the last save.
I'm not really enjoying these zombies, they're a little too hard. at least with live enemy there's a chance you'll survive an injury. this though, one bite is death. and considering they can bite through leather armor... gah.
my traps are filling up with zombies, and the normal way I get rid of caged enemys is drop them into an arena for training, but it's too risky with these. disarmed orcs are no problem. zombies though, tend to get a bite in before they die. even after being stunned from the fall.
guess I'm going to have to dig to larva and drop them in that. seems a pitty though.
maybe I can devise a training arena ontop of a bridge, once my marksdwarfs have had some fun, (used up all my bolts) I can just drop the bridge and have them fall into magma.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:47:37 am by se5a »

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2012, 04:51:08 am »

@jiri: Planescape Torment for the win :)

Pity the unbelievers, brother!

But anyway, here's some random suggestions:

1) In material_template_default.txt, add the [SHELL] tag to feather. The only difference it makes is that it allows feather to be used instead of shells in artifacts, giving this material at least some use and making strange moods a bit easier to accomplish. But mostly I just love when a dwarf decorates their artifact by feather.
You can also do this with other materials like pearl, tooth or horn which leads to more variety in artifacts. But these materials have the [ITEMS_HARD] tag, which I suppose means that if you add [SHELL] to them, they'll be used when "making shell crafts". Not much of a problem, I suppose? (They won't be used for shell armour, because that uses [ITEMS_SCALED])

2) Add [SHELL], [ITEMS_HARD] and [ITEMS_SCALED] to chitin. This makes chitin behave exactly like shell for the purposes of creating armour, so you can chitin helmets, gloves and greaves. We all love chitin armour. And I believe it's better having chitin behave like shells rather than like leather, seeing as it is tougher and less flexible. It still retains its properties, of course.

3) Add [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SCALE], [LEATHER] and [ITEMS_LEATHER]. This makes scales behave exactly like leather for the purposes of creating armour, so you can have eg. "dragon scale armor" or "dragon scale boots". Unlike other workarounds, you don't need to add any other materials or modify creature raws for this one, it just works.

EDIT: Oh and does this mod contain the Ironworks mod? If not, it should  :P
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 749