Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1839903 times)

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9795 on: March 10, 2013, 02:52:13 am »

Ah my apologies, so it's like an aspect that is drawn to the host to preform a requested deed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9796 on: March 10, 2013, 03:33:54 am »

Each magic buildings has one of those. Your dwarf turns into... something... for a month. Each with positive and/or negative side.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: March 10, 2013, 03:36:00 am »

I never use those, too unpredictable. But if it was for say, a season...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9798 on: March 10, 2013, 04:05:14 am »

Spawn a Mountainking in the Arena and see what he can do in a month. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: March 10, 2013, 04:09:47 am »

So I know this isn't specifically a MDF question, but maybe someone can answer it for me anyways.  I'm having a lot of trouble getting my squad of archers to train, and I was hoping someone could help me out.
Check their quivers do actually have bolts in them and not javelins or something. Also I think there's a problem where they can't empty their quivers of combat bolts to refill with training bolts so that could be an issue. As bone is more or less infinite due to all the sieges I usually just have then use the same type of bolts for everything. Copper is a decent one too, and cranking out copper bolts is a decent way to skill up your weaponsmith while getting something you'll use out of it.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: March 10, 2013, 05:38:21 am »

Yes Meph you're right, we should RTFM but it's a little incomplete, probably for purpose of not spoilering things.
I could also (and I will next time) look into raws, but you know, there should be a better way (like a manual or wiki).

However: this time I don't bother you for asking question but to give you some ideas.
I ended the "testing / playing / geekying" part and I started to dream again and I had 4 ideas:
  • Bifrost bar having a very low temperature, so they can be putted into a river (or if a giant dies into water) creates a block of ice.
    When the block is broken, it become again a bifrost bar.
    When the ice is enough, you could stop rivers with that. Haven't you all had many problems with river-turning !? that's great idea, if you can do it with modding limitations.
  • Well, I know this is crazy, but didn't anyone thinked about going down into that beautiful magma sea to look? yes, probably a fire elemental would kill you in few seconds, but think about...:
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
    Old style (makes me think about "UFO - terror from the deep") made of adamantine,
    cooled by bifrost,
    necessary many many adamantine or other magma-safe tubes for oxygen, and there you go. Magma immunity, and a free-falling-into-the-abyss dwarf.
    is he a crazy explorer? is he a bait to go fishing? who knows
    (you could do the same with water if it's scriptable with your modding limitations)
  • Witches are not making any strange quest (like carp god) in my game, they are just female warloks. Why don't  you do a quest with them?
    They tramute dwarfes into random strange animals
    They are female dwarves often related to the skill "herbalist", "soap making", "cooking"
    If you find them and kill them, the animals turn back to dwarfes with less skills, how many skills depend on the time you take it to find the witch
    if too much time is passed or you butchered the animals, the dwarfes are gone
  • Sand Stone is, indeed, sand-made stone. I know that this idea is related to ME and my castle, because all vanilla-generated fortress you embark into with "embark anywere" tool are made of sand stone, but I was dreaming tonight about my legendary miner keeping asking to the mayor:
    "please, trust me! we was greedy trting to go down and down for stronger rocks, but tonight Armok speaked to me in my dreams and told me, that if we purify our beautiful castle with Armok's blood (magma) it well became stronger and beautiful (crystal glass). The mayor was getting him arrested. Are you crazy !? after we spent 10 years to make this castle safe you want to flood it with magma???"

So, is this even possible ??
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:42:48 am by Nokao »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9801 on: March 10, 2013, 05:43:33 am »

All four impossible.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: March 10, 2013, 05:53:58 am »

All four impossible.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i'm an utopy myself
so let's hope in better dfhack and vanilla DF next time, it's up to Toady to give you instruments to make us dream :D

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: March 10, 2013, 05:55:00 am »

So I know this isn't specifically a MDF question, but maybe someone can answer it for me anyways.  I'm having a lot of trouble getting my squad of archers to train, and I was hoping someone could help me out.

Here's the checklist of what I have done:

• Create Squad - Check
  • Assign squad to use crossbows and leather armor - Check
  • Assign squad to train with wooden bolts, combat with broadhead/piercing/hammerhead.  Have 500 wooden bolts in stock - Check
  • Set squad to Active/Train, and set up the Active/Training Schedule - Check
  • Build Archery Targets (6 of them).  Set each of them up as an archery range (per wiki suggestion), shooting from right to left. - Check
  • In the Archery Target menu, have my archery squad set to train at all 6 of the Archery Targets - Check

Now, its one of the Active/Training months for my Archery Squad.  They all show active duty in Therapist.  But they all just stand around in my barracks doing nothing.  Any ideas?

suggest never leaving any type of bolt to only training, rather, everything C&T or C.  otherwise may not have valid ammo for combat when you need

check for quivers, check what is actually in their quivers

when on active duty archers may go to range, but just as likely to do any one of many other types of training which are less useful (and which may look like "standing around doing nothing" in the barracks to you .. what does their job actually say?).  on "inactive" they're quite likely to go to range if they don't have a lot of civ jobs

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:57:47 am by smakemupagus »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: March 10, 2013, 06:25:54 am »

For many time I had an archer "forever going to archery practice", but he was just standing outside my castle doing nothing.

When I saw better, he did lost both arms and one leg. I made a philospher of him. He do the same things as before, but at least he's happier.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9805 on: March 10, 2013, 06:28:38 am »

How does he walk without a hand to grasp a clutch with ?

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: March 10, 2013, 06:33:34 am »

I don't know, but he looks happy looking trough the hospital's window,
sucking his beer from a straw.

Poor Urist, he will never make it to the fountain of youth. Maybe an expedition to Lourd ?

akursah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: March 10, 2013, 09:38:31 am »

I just started play with masterworks. I am playing kobold camp. Recently there is something wrong with saving. I quit the game with saving but when I try to load it shows lots of different save files and even though I select the last save it loads my last seasonal autosave. It wasn't like this when first started to play it. Is there solution to this?

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: March 10, 2013, 11:09:32 am »

It's autosave + seasonal saves on ? I had many problems with "savenames" myself, it's confusing, but "last save" is not always more recent save.

Give a look to the saves folders, and order them by "last edit date time", you will always understand wich is the current save, that is not "current" folder because the backup system works using it for few moments.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: March 10, 2013, 11:10:54 am »

If memory serves gripping things with your wrists works in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 749