Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840022 times)

akursah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9810 on: March 10, 2013, 12:31:12 pm »

It's autosave + seasonal saves on ? I had many problems with "savenames" myself, it's confusing, but "last save" is not always more recent save.

Give a look to the saves folders, and order them by "last edit date time", you will always understand wich is the current save, that is not "current" folder because the backup system works using it for few moments.

Thanks for the advice.  just deleted the older saves. It seems I have to do it regularly or close the autosave function.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: March 10, 2013, 12:37:20 pm »

It's autosave + seasonal saves on ? I had many problems with "savenames" myself, it's confusing, but "last save" is not always more recent save.

Give a look to the saves folders, and order them by "last edit date time", you will always understand wich is the current save, that is not "current" folder because the backup system works using it for few moments.

Thanks for the advice.  just deleted the older saves. It seems I have to do it regularly or close the autosave function.

Or Meph explained me in this topic you can also rename saves as you wish. So saves behaviour became easyer to decrypt.

akursah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: March 10, 2013, 01:30:40 pm »

Ok. I have another question. How can I make candles? I am tyring to build a thiefs tunnel and it needs candles. Also is there a way to make mechanisms? Or is there a manuel to learn things? Vanilla DF has Wiki, but not this mod.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: March 10, 2013, 01:34:51 pm »

All four impossible.

ehehe, the second one may not be soon enough...

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: March 10, 2013, 02:16:36 pm »

There is a manual Akursa it should be in your download folder, mechanisms are to be built in the mechanic's shop as always and candles in the craftshop.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: March 10, 2013, 03:14:03 pm »

Ok. I have another question. How can I make candles? I am tyring to build a thiefs tunnel and it needs candles. Also is there a way to make mechanisms? Or is there a manuel to learn things? Vanilla DF has Wiki, but not this mod.

Vanilla (the base game without mods) contain mechanisms, if you have doubts on who does what use the manager panel after choosing your "manager dwarf" (n)
Manager is u -> m and with "q" you can add orders, so if you don't know who does something, there is no problem, your "manager dwarf" will do that for you

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: March 10, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »

I just started play with masterworks. I am playing kobold camp. Recently there is something wrong with saving. I quit the game with saving but when I try to load it shows lots of different save files and even though I select the last save it loads my last seasonal autosave. It wasn't like this when first started to play it. Is there solution to this?

this is vanilla (unmodded) behavior, the only thing MDF does differently is turn on backups by default.  You can turn it back off using the GUI. If you load an autobackup the file names will look funny to you unless you learn the naming convention.  You can rename save folders manually if you like.

akursah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: March 10, 2013, 04:44:08 pm »

There is a manual Akursa it should be in your download folder, mechanisms are to be built in the mechanic's shop as always and candles in the craftshop.

Yes I know. The problem is kobolds can't dig stone and I can't make mechanisms without stone. I made bricks from clay but it seems bricks can only be used for buildings. Maybe mechanisms aren't really meant for kobolds (they are primitive, right?) but they talk about the lack of a well and I need mechanisms for it. Also I can't make grates without stone and without grates I can't make some of the new buildings. I will check the manuel again.

Edit: Ok. I checked the manuel and it seems it is possible to make mechanisms and grates out of wood in wood carver, in kobold camp. Thanks for the help guys.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:06:23 pm by akursah »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: March 10, 2013, 04:50:33 pm »

Check out the Kobold camp tutorial fort
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123439.0

(chapter 3, wood carver, make wood mechanisms)

Nothing wrong with asking in forum, but just FYI this would also discoverable by searching either the manager menu ingame or the workshop page in the manual for "mechanism".  Probably for kobold specific stuff you'll get most accurate/timely answers in the Kobold thread.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:05:49 pm by smakemupagus »

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: March 10, 2013, 05:52:09 pm »

What workshop opens the bag of loot dropped by thieves? I can't, for the life of me, find that info...

Are there plans to expand to the interactions/creations in adventure mode? I was delighted to see all of the items that could be made, but some features seemed to be missing. For example, some of the items required tanned hides, but there was no way to tan your own. These features made adventure mode a lot more fun. I especially like the idea of being a dwarf, starting out with practically nothing, and making my own armor as I go along.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: March 10, 2013, 06:06:32 pm »

Those are all form Wanderer's Friend; there should be a method to tan hides.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: March 10, 2013, 06:23:25 pm »

What workshop opens the bag of loot dropped by thieves? I can't, for the life of me, find that info...

Searching for: bag of loot
objects\reaction_masterwork.txt(5452): [NAME:open bag of loot]
Found 5 occurrence(s) in 5 file(s)

5451 [REACTION:LOOT]
5452   [NAME:open bag of loot]
5453   [BUILDING:BEASTLAB2:CUSTOM_L]

Searching for: BEASTLAB2
objects\building_masterwork.txt(453): [BUILDING_WORKSHOP:BEASTLAB2]

453 [BUILDING_WORKSHOP:BEASTLAB2]
454   [NAME:Researcher's Study]

Aeon Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: March 10, 2013, 06:46:20 pm »

Thanks! I didn't realize the raws could be searched like that. Should have, though. I will look into Wanderer's Friend.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:48:47 pm by Aeon Blue »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: March 10, 2013, 06:52:49 pm »

no problem! :)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: March 10, 2013, 08:03:40 pm »

I have some problems finding specific ARTIFACT helm in military equipment, it's a bone crown, is it a masterwork add-on ? (it's in a stockpile inside a bin, but I should find it shouldn't I?)

I also did a bone nightmare armor artifact :D (this I managed to find and wear) I don't find that either in the manual ... is it MW or vanilla ?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:08:59 pm by Nokao »
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 749