Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1840024 times)

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2g - Poll.
« Reply #9780 on: March 09, 2013, 06:43:47 pm »

I'm trying to configure autobutcher with dfhack, do someone knows the tag for Boozebelly Goats ?

Up to now I discovered this ones: BIRD_GOOSE BEETLE_CAVE PEKYT

Plus, a problem with bifrost forge, all tasks inside are red, but I have bifrost bars. What can be the problem ?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:19:50 pm by Nokao »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: March 09, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »

Searching for: boozebelly goat
objects\creature_a_pet_dwarffort.txt(1280)

[CREATURE:GOAT_BOOZE]

People, I know I say this all the time, but you don't need to look for things *manually* in digital files :)

>>  Plus, a problem with bifrost forge, all tasks inside are red, but I have bifrost bars. What can be the problem ?

Either burrows, or a vanilla bug.  Try running the reaction using the manager, he will either fix it or tell you what youre missing
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:25:26 pm by smakemupagus »

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: March 09, 2013, 07:28:48 pm »

Ok thanks ! What is Frostbrand the Zweihander ? A special unique weapon ?

p.s. I saw that there is no new 2 hands "pikeman" weapon, if you want to add it next versions, I suggest Trident or Corsesca
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:10:42 pm by Nokao »

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: March 09, 2013, 08:10:40 pm »

How has the colosseum been working for people?  I'm trying it out for the first time, and it's been a bit confusing.  I've seen the disclaimer that it only works irregularly, but even so it's weird.  The creature is successfully summoned maybe one time in ten (I haven't kept close track). The most frequent result is that an object appears with a name like "body part of summoned creature," which someone will whisk off to a stockpile.  Anyone else have this happen?  I've got temperature on.

Ambrose Burnside

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: March 09, 2013, 08:51:01 pm »

Here's another thing- spawn points are acting weirdly. I have a spawn point a good ways away from my fort- maybe 20, 25 tiles from being inside the wall- and the first coupla landmines spawned nearby just fine. But after a couple they weren't appearing at all, even when the dwarf initiating it underwent the proper transformations. Then I found a stack of 5 land-mines well inside my walls- the spawnpoint seems to be dropping them a full 30 tiles away now.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: March 09, 2013, 10:09:42 pm »

nakao - yep, it's a special weapon =D why don't you just look in the raws for this stuff? it's all there and pretty easy to figure out! just search for whatever you're looking for...

zeebie - the creature spawning mechanic is known to be unreliable, and that's mentioned in the "known bugs" section of the manual. put a door on your colosseum so nobody grabs the body parts, otherwise the creature may spawn in a stockpile somewhere.

ambrose burnside - the creature spawning mechanic is known to be unreliable, and that's mentioned in the "known bugs" section of the manual. i only use turrets i purchase.
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: March 09, 2013, 11:26:41 pm »

So I know this isn't specifically a MDF question, but maybe someone can answer it for me anyways.  I'm having a lot of trouble getting my squad of archers to train, and I was hoping someone could help me out.

Here's the checklist of what I have done:

• Create Squad - Check
  • Assign squad to use crossbows and leather armor - Check
  • Assign squad to train with wooden bolts, combat with broadhead/piercing/hammerhead.  Have 500 wooden bolts in stock - Check
  • Set squad to Active/Train, and set up the Active/Training Schedule - Check
  • Build Archery Targets (6 of them).  Set each of them up as an archery range (per wiki suggestion), shooting from right to left. - Check
  • In the Archery Target menu, have my archery squad set to train at all 6 of the Archery Targets - Check

Now, its one of the Active/Training months for my Archery Squad.  They all show active duty in Therapist.  But they all just stand around in my barracks doing nothing.  Any ideas?

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: March 09, 2013, 11:33:55 pm »

Hey brother, for whatever reason when you order ranged troops to train they train melee, put them to inactive and they will train solo drills and fire in the archery range.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: March 09, 2013, 11:34:31 pm »

How does the "1 SHAPESHIFT TO THE UNNAMED ONE (1 MONTH)" Dark Temple reaction work anyway?

Does it LAST one month? Or take 1 MONTH to activate?

The former sounds lame. The ladder sounds interesting.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: March 09, 2013, 11:48:14 pm »

A month is a good 3.733333... minutes!

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00:50 am »

ladder or former?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: March 10, 2013, 02:02:43 am »

Former, I think.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: March 10, 2013, 02:09:48 am »

Former, I think.

So what, when your fortress is overrun you transform your self temporarily into this unstoppable force?

It would be cool if someone made it so that you transformed into this unstoppable force, and then for 3.337777 minutes it was fighting for you, but then after that it had a chance to go rogue or change back, and if it went rogue the only way to take it down is with a sealing spell.

Aww yeah!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: March 10, 2013, 02:12:36 am »

Probabilities can only affect the transformation happening, not it ending.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9794 on: March 10, 2013, 02:21:52 am »

It would be cool if someone made it so that you transformed into this unstoppable force, and then for 3.337777 minutes it was fighting for you, but then after that it had a chance to go rogue or change back, and if it went rogue the only way to take it down is with a sealing spell.

Quoth the manual
The Unnamed One: The most powerful creature at your disposal. He defeats invasions without fail, turning the enemies mad with rage, clawing at each other. A dwarf trying to summon this horror might transform into it for one month, before awaking back in his old body. Attracted by corpses and a sacrificial totem you can summon it. Being an eldritch horror from beyond, it of course might not do as you command, and turn on your fortress. Actually, he might do that about half the time.

So, what I am saying is: RT(friendly)M.

@Putnam: But interactions with a waiting time of 1 tick under the end of the transformation can ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 749