Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1809620 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2175 on: March 06, 2012, 05:39:51 pm »

Ok, great :) Will add the fixed chart. EDIT: Found another small error, but I can fix it myself: The berserker/legion dwarves have NO natural skills, only higher learn rates.

I will see that I will do the alpha channel/transparency as well then, for the creatures. Problem is my little netbooks is dieing a thousend deaths if I run gimp or photoshop. Any other programs you could recommend ?

The darter/rager scales should be listed as drakescales as well, fixed this. Drakescales are scales, I cant add them to leather upgrades, it just makes no sense. They are bronze grade. And it is not too much, some leather types for upgrades, 2 scale types, 1 chitin type. Compare this to one for each creature :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 05:42:43 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: March 06, 2012, 05:42:44 pm »

Concerning simplifying the mod: If I read the RAWs correctly, there is no difference between:
  • reignplate
  • guadianplate
  • paladin plate

I can get all three from human caravans (still 1.4, though). Maybe reduce them to one, or let them only trade one?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2177 on: March 06, 2012, 05:44:16 pm »

All races have different sounding items. The manual states that these are just names, nothing more. It is just for flavor. I'd like to keep them.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: March 06, 2012, 05:48:45 pm »

I like the flair, too. But since DFs military menu is so damn broken, there are the following things showing up in the uniform Armor dialogue:
  • platemail (foreign)
  • heavy platemail (foreign)
  • guardianplate armors (foreign)
  • reignplate armors (foreign)
  • guardianplates (foreign)
  • reignplates (foreign)
  • paladin armors (foreign)

Equipping is the horror.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2179 on: March 06, 2012, 05:52:30 pm »

The mod has over 100 custom items for moods only. All of them appear in that menu, regardless of the items being enabled as tradegoods or not. A small price to pay for the special stuff you can get by moods and temple/reserach lab. Is no one using the "experiment" reaction of it ? ^^

My to do list:
 - Fix all reported bugs

- Metal overhaul
   - Remove 4 steel uprades
   - Remove slade stuff
   - Rename new alloys
   - Change values a bit
   - Rename meteoric
   - Make new metals harder to get

- Read through the entire manual once, correct all the outdated stuff.
 - Make a Building guide picture for every building. This will take a lot of time.
 - Make a Material Guide for the new materials. Seperate in 3: Metals, Leather, Wood.

- Fix the Graphic transparency

- Update to DF 34.05
 - Make secrets harder to spot.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: March 06, 2012, 05:54:00 pm »

D'oh, fixed the skills. Hopefully mistake-free version: http://i.imgur.com/gmuLq.png

In regards to the graphics transparency - there's a great program called the DF Tile Resizer 3.0 which has the capability to do a batch of images and remove the background/insert an alpha channel. I already have it all set up (it uses Octave) so I'd be happy to do them and .zip them up and send them to you if you want, wouldn't take me long.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: March 06, 2012, 05:57:33 pm »

@meph: I guess its true. Since it takes a while to get the plate stuff, it is wort the effort to manage the equipment.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:52 pm »

Does it mean 34.05 update gonna take a while?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2183 on: March 06, 2012, 06:20:03 pm »

Maybe ? I dont know. Depends on how many/easy the bugs are fixable, and if I really make a buildings guide for everything. Othewise no, the metal overhaul is one extra day.

@flobulon: I also found another error, the siege savant has natural skills, not learnrates. BUT I fixed it and changed the layout a bit. the 5 natural skilled are on top, the 10 savants are below, and the 5 guilds are at the bottom. Here, have a look:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Just noticed that the legion dwarf is a lone dwarf with the % number in the box. I think I might add it to all the castes, makes sense. Are you ok with this ? After all, it says at the bottom that you made it ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:24:46 pm by Meph »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: March 06, 2012, 06:34:48 pm »

Meph - are you interested in a nice glacier kind of world? I can send you parameters. Ice coverage is about 95% of the map with only some reasonable temperatures at one of the "poles".
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: March 06, 2012, 06:46:14 pm »

@UncleCern:
That would be for experimented players only, knowing what lies on these caves down there that this mod adds.
Could be a nice challenge though, requiring the usage of magma to melt ice and/or breaching the caves for their potential water.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2186 on: March 06, 2012, 06:48:10 pm »

Yes, why not, if it fits the other worlds from the other parameters (minerals, civs, caverns, titans and so on) But wouldnt it wreck havoc with the civs ?

PS: Finished Version for the caste guide. I moved the slow learner tag to the top, looks more even with all red ones in a line, and added the % values and total skill gain to each caste.

Thumbnail:

Spoiler: FULL GUIDE (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Mh... Haulers also have a lower view range, so they dont spot wildlife as easily and dont flee as often while doing labor. Might add that as well.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:54:07 pm by Meph »

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: March 06, 2012, 06:53:14 pm »

Yes, why not, if it fits the other worlds from the other parameters (minerals, civs, caverns, titans and so on) But wouldnt it wreck havoc with the civs ?

PS: Finished Version for the caste guide. I moved the slow learner tag to the top, looks more even with all red ones in a line, and added the % values and total skill gain to each caste.

I have just genned a world with humans/drows/elves/automatons/frogpeople/orcs/goblins/kobolds/frost giants/undead. Only ferric elves did extinct. History is about 100 years. Population numbers are 1000-5000 of each race I think. Took 5 generating attempts to get this world.

Also aquifiers are win for water.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: March 06, 2012, 06:53:42 pm »

@flobulon: I also found another error, the siege savant has natural skills, not learnrates. BUT I fixed it and changed the layout a bit. the 5 natural skilled are on top, the 10 savants are below, and the 5 guilds are at the bottom. Here, have a look:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Just noticed that the legion dwarf is a lone dwarf with the % number in the box. I think I might add it to all the castes, makes sense. Are you ok with this ? After all, it says at the bottom that you made it ;)

Ah, that looks much better, the grouping especially - I didn't notice the 5/10/5 pattern of the castes. Also, from the raws I'm looking at the Siege Savant does have learn rates.
In regards to the legion dwarf, it was more a case of laziness on my behalf - typing out 150% for all the other natural-skill-and-learning-rate dwarves seemed redundant, so I just specified it in the key. But I agree, it reads better to have it on every caste.
And yes, of course I'm okay with it :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2189 on: March 06, 2012, 06:58:31 pm »

Ok, great. I will do offline now, laptop energy is low, need more power 8)

The raws for the siege dude: ;)
      YESCASTE[NATURAL_SKILL:SIEGECRAFT:5]
      YESCASTE[NATURAL_SKILL:MECHANICS:5]
      YESCASTE[NATURAL_SKILL:SIEGEOPERATE:5]

YESCASTE[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:SIEGECRAFT:150]
            YESCASTE[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:MECHANICS:150]
           YESCASTE[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:SIEGEOPERATE:150]
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 749